3DXChat Community

In-Game Profile Verification

klaudio

I have been around 7-8 months now and this use to bug me.  Funny thing happened as i continued playing, I stopped being so paranoid and just had a good time in game. if you are really opposed to who or what is behind an avi.... Dont stick your dick in anything that moves. Nothing in the rulebook that says you cant be selective in sexual partners.

This is geared towards nobody in particular, just a general response 

tumblr_inline_neo0ss55yE1sqf2ij.gif

Geez Lana, I think you are are assuming the worst here. You're making it sound like I'm a poor soul lost and desparate to find true love in 3dx. I come here for companionship, love, fun, and everything 3dx has to offer. I have been around long enough to experience it all and have clicked the exit button when I've had enough, to go back to my real life that I truly value and enjoy every day.

You only made good sense in the second half of your reply, and thank you for that. All I asked was for your feedback and opinions, not an evaluation or advice on how I should play the game.

My response is to all as this subject has been beat to death not just here sugar, but since Ultima Online. To say only the second half of my reply made good sense...? Maybe my questions came more as insulting to you because this is your thread. That doesn't negate the point I am making. Let us look to a thread recently to add the cherry to my opinion sundae. A young lady posted very revealing pics of 'herself'. Of course in moments she was reverse image searched, why? To verify the pics were legit? To see who she is? It motive is as unknown as the true identity of the person viewing the pics. My best of besties here has seen my face, a huuuuuuge act of trust that I would not do lightly. Even with Devs. My 2 cents plus another buck fifty lol

I have been around 7-8 months now and this use to bug me.  Funny thing happened as i continued playing, I stopped being so paranoid and just had a good time in game. if you are really opposed to who or what is behind an avi.... Dont stick your dick in anything that moves. Nothing in the rulebook that says you cant be selective in sexual partners.

This is geared towards nobody in particular, just a general response 

I ended up doing the same after 2-3 weeks. I figured that role-playing is nigh impossible, because the majority of players will still confuse their fantasy for reality. I can not help it, but I will also not let them ruin it for me and my friends in game. But should we start with this silly gender verification, then we will go to age verification, then mandatory RL images, then VoIP, and then this will be an online dating service.

@klaudio: if you don't understand where the hypocrisy is or the question, I am really sorry... and better return my sister's panties ;)

Guest Skar

With the new gift card and the lack of verification when you open an account.

I would personally be more worried about my partner been underage then it real gender.

Hehe. I stopped worrying a long time ago about the gender of the players, but there other more touchy aspect of the game that is harder to resolve and can have real consequences.

Oh well.

Mmmmmmm... You know how easy it is to create a fake photo ID that you can't really scrutinize in any real way if it's sent as a picture over the internet?  All of these suggestions are malarkey.. This issue exists everywhere on the internet, and the idea of verification on what is supposed to be a game is silly.  If you really want to get into an online relationship with someone, then this probably isn't the place to do it.  Sure you can still make friends and connections with people... but just don't have some sort of high expectations that you'll some day meet them in real life and do what you do online in the real world.  This is a fantastical place... Do you constantly see people having sex wherever you go?  Do you always see such scantily clad people in every locale you visit?  Do you see iceburgs right next to a tropical looking island where you live?  If so... I'd love to come visit and hang out sometime so I can take part in your magical sex land.  This is a place where sentient beings can release their inner fantasies... If they're a man that wants to play as a woman... or a woman that wants to play a man... who are you to say they're wrong in doing so? Why should they have to tell you who they really are when they're just trying to play out their fantasies?  3Dx is it's own world... sure some of it may leak out into the real world every so often for those few very brave people that actually meet each other and make babies in real life... but that's not the majority of the player-base as far as I know.  So please... if you want to get serious with someone in a relationship, meet in real life, make babies, and whatever else... there's other and better places for that. If you really want to know who it is on the other of the world playing an avatar that they created and you might find hot... should you really ruin it for yourself and them by asking them 20 questions?  If your fantasy is to build a relationship with a girl or guy on 3Dx Chat and eventually find and marry him/her... Well... Good luck I guess... You're free to do what you want, but try not to be nasty about it when you get your heart broken.  Shit happens, people get hurt, start lashing out at others, and eventually get over it or become bitter about it.  That's about how it works in real life too most of the time if a relationship doesn't work out.  Everyone that's hung up on this is just going to have to get over the fact that you can't have what you want all the time.

Well, I've been typing on this for entirely too long... I should get back to being a productive member of society.

TL:DR Version: Verification won't work... ever.  Dating sites are better for finding relationships. 3Dx is a fantasy land. Life is compromise and sometimes heartache.

This is beyond ridiculous.

This is a sex game. Where people come to usually roleplay or play a fantasy. Having identification just to determine someone's gender completely spoils that. WHY do you care so much about the gender of the other player? You're not technically fucking the person behind the screen, you're both playing a game together. You will probably say it's deceitful, but why? Unless you're on here to find the love of your life (which i assume you're not, you're just here to have virtual sex) then the player's real life gender doesn't matter.

And if the player is male in real life, and is actually trying to pass as a female (not just virtual sex, but they are making friends, talking in local and world chat etc), then really i think it should be respected that that person wished to be identified as female. There are many Transgendered players or players that are female stuck in a males body in real life, and it's a way for them to be perceived as the gender they want to be.

As someone has previously mentioned, i can understand if someone was trying to play mindgames, but even then you just need common sense. Are you one of those players that pesters people like "I must see you on skype to confirm your gender before we have virtual sex with our 3d avatars". I MEAN WTF!

From the sounds of it, i suggest you try your bet at some online dating sites lol! or maybe look into playing RLC.

But yeah, let's say you're paying $20 a month to play this game, but you want to only play with people that are female in real life? I suggest you join a chatroom where people finger themselves on cam. That would seem better suited for you.  and it's usually free too! WA-HEY!

TL:DR Version: Verification won't work... ever.  Dating sites are better for finding relationships. 3Dx is a fantasy land. Life is compromise and sometimes heartache.

Thank you. I hope this topic dies soon, because knowing how silly the devs have been in the past, they might actually consider this pathetic and insignificant idea and feature.

Guest Skar

Well, the only issue that I see when we take for granted that 3dxchat is just fantasyland, it that everything players tell me is probably a lie or meaningless. Probably just a role or some fantasy character, it get to a point that you can't have any real social connection.

Someone tell me he is feel bad today, is it really the case or not ? Is it just it RP of the moment or he is really feeling like that.

In the end, I take for granted that everything people are telling me is either a lie or some fantasy stuff. Sure, talk to me about your fantasy job and I will pretend I beleive you.

Been told over and over again that all this is all a game and fantasy make so that I don't really go and talk to new players if I want to have any meaningful conversation.

But does all that really matter, it really depend on who you are asking. But I sure know that, I am not looking in 3dxchat for any meaningful friendship anymore.

Sure, when it all sex and fantasy, it fairly simple, but when you want more interesting social interactions, 3dx can be a pretty minefield.

PS. I am not even talking about relationships in-game, just friends you can count on.

Well...i tend to disagree it is all fantasy. Yes, ofc this is a fantasy game and ofc many things aren't actually happening, like having sex. You share a fantasy of having sex, not actually having it. But there are real persons behind the avatars, so real friendships are built in this place. I certainly have found a few good friends. Ofc, a friendship built in a virtual environment is different from a friendship built in real, but they have their own value. So...after a year here I haven't stopped investing in that, or trusting people. Being a bit careful is wise in these environments, but enough people in there are simple just the way they say they are.

We all come here for different reasons I guess, but for me it was only about sex and fantasy, I would have left a long time ago.

Look guys and gals, role-playing is performed by real people, it's not all a lie, rather sides of one's real self that he or she can not express IRL for various reasons. That said, silly ideas like it's all true or all a lie are as unrealistic like the "good vs evil" debate, things are grey... always, and if one is so insecure unable to realise it, than it's better to get lost in his or her own delusions, rather than enforce stupid rules to everyone else, which will drive everyone who has fun playing a game, instead of looking desperately for a real life date safely from his or her biased perspective.

In this game, I have been trolled badly and still am, I was harassed by the countless jerks (cold/email/photo/skype/meet), and also confused a lot of other players trying to role-play realistic situations, which they mistook for drama, instead of acting and made me break character to try and explain that they are playing a game.

Nevertheless, I also have enjoyed myself IG and IRL many more times and much more, so just relax and have fun and stop telling everyone else how to, find your own way to do so, instead of trying to ruin it for everyone else.

Guest Skar

It true that it not all black and white.

But I have seen the two sides of the argument preaching there way.

None of the two will disappear anytime soon.

For some, it a way to RP and for other it a way to connect online with people they can relate.

Me, I don't come online as a character. It what I enjoy personally.

I think in the end, we hit a wall because each side ask the other side to adapt to there gameplay. It not that easy because, it two valid way to be playing 3dxchat.

There no easy solution for it, but the argument that it only a game can only go so far.

Personally, I prefer someone that doesn't talk to me about themself then getting that elaborate background that is just a pretty story.

We just need to learn to live with each other. :)

Personally, I prefer someone that doesn't talk to me about themself then getting that elaborate background that is just a pretty story.

This is a misunderstanding on the side of the "role-players" that think their characters is their background, instead of the way they act.

We just need to learn to live with each other.   :)

We do, but should a rule like the one suggested in this thread come into effect, it would be hard to.

Guest Skar

Well, that is part of the issue. You can put all the RPer in the same basket and it the same for the player the prefer to be themself.

It is hard to generalized. 

I don't mind RPing really. I enjoy it myself at time. 

Like I state myself in this thread, I don't think the idea from the OP is doable and even advisible for the game. 

It still a idea, I welcome that, but not the right one for the job. It would cause more trouble then good. 

Well, I might have been a little harsh earlier, but I think that the OP idea is rather juvenile.

On the other hand, what you mentioned at some point about verifying that the players are indeed adults is much more important. A lot of them creep me out, and despite just "barking but not bitting", they are still a bad influence for the underaged, deluding them with their fantasies, that they insist to perceive as reality :/

OK first off, do you honestly think the Devs cannot see who you really are? 

:huh:     Paranoia is interesting to me.

Please explain how they would know that.    ^_^

I cant see how they would.

The credit card i use have no name. 

Wouldnt use my bankcard, since this game dont have the usall security rutins.     :mellow:

The name on my email  ?

I could make a new email, just for this game, in 3 minutes.     :ph34r:

no one is obliged to do it unless they want to.

I think a lot of you have not read Klaudio's post properly.. You see the word 'verification' and your defences come up as you don't want people to know what gender you are or you're just here for role play. That's your choice and I think most people here agree you have that right. But to call the idea pathetic and some of the other comments are a bit harsh.. A simple, 'That wouldn't work for me as I don't want people to know my gender' would do..

Klaudio hasn't suggested it should be mandatory, which I agree would not work.. He has simply suggested that players that are willing or want to be verified can be.. What's the harm in that?

On another note, I have known Klaudio well over a year now, and trust me, he is not looking for the love of his life here, like some have implied..

Ive seen a lot worse ideas on here.. I think any idea, good or bad, is better than some of the rubbish posted on this forum..

Anyway, just my 2 cents worth..

PS.. I personally wouldn't go for verification as I don't want people to know im actually not the Christmas Bunny..

My only issue with this verification is, as others have already said, it would create division and unnecessary tension within the community. Marking the names of "verified" players in one color would create a feeling of mistrust on all players who aren't verified, a rather pessimistic perspective I know but it's something that has always been known to happen whenever you implant any mechanism of "legitimacy verification" on sensitive and private information, people who are unwilling to oblige (often with pretty valid reasons) are marginalized and treated with distrust, even if said verification is optional. Our community is already too volatile without people bringing up "hey, but you aren't verified so why should I trust anything you say?"

Guest RobT

My only issue with this verification is, as others have already said, it would create division and unnecessary tension within the community. Marking the names of "verified" players in one color would create a feeling of mistrust on all players who aren't verified, a rather pessimistic perspective I know but it's something that has always been known to happen whenever you implant any mechanism of "legitimacy verification" on sensitive and private information, people who are unwilling to oblige (often with pretty valid reasons) are marginalized and treated with distrust, even if said verification is optional. Our community is already too volatile without people bringing up "hey, but you aren't verified so why should I trust anything you say?"

i cannot like this post the way it should be. She is exactly right. Its not about who is verified but if a person isnt, they might as well have a brand on there forehead. 

Totally agree Callista, but im not sure the mistrust can get much worse in game than it already is.. Ive been here well over a year and the amount of rumours I have heard about people is unreal.. And these rumours have led to people leaving the game.. Sure there are better ways to address this but I can personally see where Klaudio is coming from.. (im not saying its a brilliant idea, just saying that it didn't deserve the response it got.)

Guest RobT

Totally agree Callista, but im not sure the mistrust can get much worse in game than it already is.. Ive been here well over a year and the amount of rumours I have heard about people is unreal.. And these rumours have led to people leaving the game.. Sure there are better ways to address this but I can personally see where Klaudio is coming from.. (im not saying its a brilliant idea, just saying that it didn't deserve the response it got.)

Idea isnt horrible and one should never bash it just because they dont agree but i would be shocked if people agreed to it.  I do think some are a bit edgy about the subject and get a tad defensive instead of simply disagreeing

Idea isnt horrible and one should never bash it just because they dont agree but i would be shocked if people agreed to it.  I do think some are a bit edgy about the subject and get a tad defensive instead of simply disagreeing

thumbsupcat.gif