3DXChat Community

Radio disconnects

LanaLove

Ok this is a odd one I have been wrestling with for a while. I see others have it too but nobody has a thread on it yet (That search revealed)

Whenever I have the radio enabled I get disconnected from the servers anywhere from1 minute after up to 2 hours after enabling it. Some days it is every 5 minutes. If I have to radio disabled I can party for hours in hours without a single disconnect. More that that, if I listen to streaming music outside 3DX while playing 3DX....no disconnects at all. There is something that specifically has to do with the streaming of music through 3DX that is causing my modem to loose sync and reset. Yes, the lights on the modem go from green to amber and have to resync back to green before I can get back in. extremely annoying but I am at a total loss.

I am assuming you are referring to radiotunes?

ย 

Bitrate can drastically impact your bandwidth and performance (the amount of data transferred per second), and if the browser plugin is using a lower setting, it could explain why that isn't exceeding your bandwidth,

but streaming through 3DX is.

ย 

Just my $0.02.

It's not a bug, it's a feature :D

That's the precise working of the Bass audio library Get the Bass.dll a lost of stream, alsoย  when it really short is like 1sec. then she disconnect from self the streaming and you need this enable again with for example disable and enable the Radio check field in your settings .

But maybe is there a way for edit this and set it up for a 2sec. auto-reconect...

• 2 weeks later...

Ty Achilles but I am not sure what all of that means. I am not losing just the radio, I am losing connection to the game as well. It only happens when i have the radio enabled in game. Listening to music from spotify or even listening to youtube playlists does no cause to disconnection from 3dx. I did notice if I lose connection I can disable and enable the radio and gain connection to it but will still be disconnected from the game. Maybe there is a conflict somewhere? Assigning 3dx ip to a specific port and white listing it is proving to be confusing to say the least

Ohh then i had you understand wrong, sorry!

ย 

But the Game Server and the Bass audio library operate separately with different IP's and Ports.

I understand not really why you have this problem!

ย 

ย 

There is something that specifically has to do with the streaming of music through 3DX that is causing my modem to loose sync and reset. Yes, the lights on the modem go from green to amber and have to resync back to green before I can get back in. extremely annoying but I am at a total loss.

ย 

Maybe a general Problem with streamed music in MP3/AAC?
How is it if you offline listen a mp3 stream Radio like this: http://virtualdjradio.com/live/
Loose your modem then also the connecting?

Ohh then i had you understand wrong, sorry!

ย 

But the Game Server and the Bass audio library operate separately with different IP's and Ports.

I understand not really why you have this problem!

ย 

ย 

Maybe a general Problem with streamed music in MP3/AAC?

How is it if you offline listen a mp3 stream Radio like this: http://virtualdjradio.com/live/

Loose your modem then also the connecting?

ย 

I have no issues listening to any music streaming from any other source or locally on my hard drive. I even listen to German radio stations on the browser and my friend's webcast radio without any issue. These do not cause my disconnection from 3DX. Only with listening to the radio using 3DX do I get disconnected.ย  When the disconnection happens my modem resets itself and re-syncs. Then I can enter 3DX again. This only occurs with 3dx and only when the radio inside 3DX is enabled.

No idea, sorry!

ย 

Is the first time that I hear this Problem... :(

How is it if you change the Game Server in the Login Screen?

Better or the same effect?

I can not imagine...

What kind of Router is it?

ย 

Maybe we can it test if you disable for a short test your Hardware Firewall in your router but I think really not it is the reason...

But maybe test it again with a update of the bass.dll in your Program Files/3DXChat Folder...

Save the Bass.dll in this folder on a other Space and use this bass.dll, maybe works this ^^

ย 

I have also update my bass.dll with this of the main folder of the .zip, works really great for me

The bass.dll in this zip is the newest version :)

You need only the bass.dll of the Zip main folder (bass.dll with 108kb)

ย 

You Safe your old bass.dll from the Program Files/3DXChat Main Folder on a other space (as security Backup) and then you put the bass.dll of the Zip main Folder in the 3DXChat Folder :)

ย 

Good luck I hope it fix your problem ;)

ok I put the bass.dll in the 3dx main folder and the freemp3 folder in the main also. restarted my PC and had no radio in 3dx at all.

deleted the freemp3 folder and returned the original bass.dll to the 3dx folder and had music once again.

ok I put the bass.dll in the 3dx main folder and the freemp3 folder in the main also. restarted my PC and had no radio in 3dx at all.

deleted the freemp3 folder and returned the original bass.dll to the 3dx folder and had music once again.

ย 

You have read my last post?

ย 

ย 

You need only the bass.dll of the Zip main folder (bass.dll with 108kb)

ย 

Only the bass.dll....

Here in this zip is only the needed bass.dll :)

Same problem persists. I have found one music only that does not disconnect me from 3dx when listening to it. KittyCream's stream doesn't disconnect me no matter how long I listen.ย  Everything else so far is within minutes of enabling the radio

KittyCream's stream doesn't disconnect me no matter how long I listen.

ย 

What kind of Server is this, Shoutcast or IceCast?

Hope you can ask her :)

ย 

If it a Shoutcast is how high is the streamed Bitrate?

ย 

And is it possible test your Internet Speed here ?

Hmmm that's really crazy... The Download is ok, ping is a bit high but should be not the problem for the Disconnects...

Can you test it today again in NC with the new bass.dll? In NC is also a Shoutcast with 128kbit...

ย 

If you have again the Disconnects please test it with this link and only with yourself in your room :)

http://www.virtualdjradio.com:8000

For game u need stream only 96 kbps (Centova Cast server)

ย 

If you listen only with Laptop or classic PC speakers, yes I agree :)

But for listen with a professional Sound-card and Sound-system or a good Headphone is 96kbit/s a bit small...

ย 

But of course a great solutions for all with a bad internet and also a good fix test for ppl with connection problems :)

If you listen only with Laptop or classic PC speakers, yes I agree :)

But for listen with a professional Sound-card and Sound-system or a good Headphone is 96kbit/s a bit small...

ย 

But of course a great solutions for all with a bad internet and also a good fix test for ppl with connection problems :)

Yes, 96kbit/s small for HiFi...

However ...

I'm talking only about the limitations of the game. 96 kilobits per second. This recommendation is posted in the forum guidelines.

I think that the audio stream over 96 kilobits per second heavily load the game server. 96 kbit / s is optimal.

NC worked for hours without issue. So Shoutcast at 128kbit works but not standard radio channels. What is the difference between the standard radio and shoutcast 128kbit?

ย 

Tata... :D

ย 

The most Shoutcast Servers stream with a constant bit rate and in MP3 for example Virtual DJ Radio Channel 1 with 128kbit/s

But Icecast stream with ogg and in a variable bit-rate also stream some Shoutcast Servers with ACC and variable Bitrate...

ย 

The most SkyFM Channels works with Icecast (ogg) and also is the listener not direct with the server connected, I think skyFM works with Multiple streams (SID-streaming)(one server stream the Music for different channels)...

ย 

Trust me you don't want know details ^^

ย 

I've some suspicions...

ย 

Is it possible if you connect with one of this channels in Game and you use in the same time the Internet Speed Test?

How high is your ping if you connect with one of this problem Channels?