3DXChat Community

How can I add Pictures in my Forum post, Profile?

robo

I AM sure I may get executed for this question, sorry  people. I know I have been on this site now for quite sometime, but I finally got the balls to ask this, all thought, way later then I wanted to,..lol ,and also post for this Question, but I want to re touch up my profile and  have two Questions actually.

1. how the hell do I add,  fix, and reformat pictures I want from the internet, to  add to posts I make, on my or other peoples posts.

2. how the hell do I reformat, pictures from the internet, or ones in general , plus also add video streams, and other interesting stuff  to my profile thanks......

Sorry for somewhat looking a bit clueless, just really finally want to make my profile the way I really would like it to look, plus this may help others in my same predicament thanks........xxxx 

Edited by Achilles
Topic title Edited, it's easier for members with the same question

With Videos, you use the URL path instead of the share link. As far as reformatting pics? If there is something you don't like in the dimensions or whatever, save the picture and edit it with Gimp or photoshop. The upload it to a free image sharing site and link from there. As long as you aren't claiming ownership of the image and you credit the source if it isn't royalty free then you are fine ^_^

Guest RobT

yes it would Robo. Been thinking of fixing up my profile also so its not so bland so would be of some help

guillotine-axe-on-hand.jpg

I AM sure I may get executed for this question

i dont think so robo! why? because u always post ur "support" questions in the open forum?!

naaaaaaaaaaaa, nooooooo, neeveeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr^^

mineirinho-guillotine-small-66315.jpg

forumsearch word -> video -> profile http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/1307-posting-youtube-vids-on-profile/?hl=video&do=findComment&comment=49179

and u either copy the existing url of a pic in ur post

f1.jpg?id=57738997

or upload it with at a pic-hoster and use that link u than get for ur pic and post! with some "hosters" u can resize whilse uploading, with others not! in that case use gimp as kaitlyn said or paint.net is also good and for free to format ur pigs, äh pics, into ur wished size or whatever.

and btw, i know, the world sure has much more bigger and real probs, as our "open forum bombing", and ofc im only joking with that guillotine dude! maybe...maybe not  me/laughs

ps: i use http://www.pic-upload.de/but maybe ud look for something more local to ya, although, it aint really matter that much where! or who u use as a service!!

Pick some things of interest to you then get creative. Kaitlyn has given you the basics. I have mine categorized by my interest then several pictures depicting those interests. I did not reformat anything though. Sometimes it is hard to get the pic to be in the exactly location because of size. To fix that you can use snipping tool or something to that effect, or just copy and paste it in an editor to resize it. Then save it and upload it using tinypic or flickr, one of those. Grab the link and use 3IXVPcA.png  to get

9hPSGyi.png

If you want to skip the extra clicks use the bbcode for images. Just paste the link and the video should show up.

I like swords and purple so.....

New-41-inch-handmade-japanese-samurai-sw

Purple-wallpaper-12.jpg

Guest marianaclarke

Robo, depending on what the coding is you can adjust the size there as well.

Wow, thanks peeps for the help to bad thier was no tutorial for this..Hehe, but I am gonna try some of your ideas this weekend, If I have any questions more I will throw them out ther, wow big thanks. ...That's why our community rocks and is so damn awesome, because It is because oh people like all of you Thanks for the help ....xxxx

Guest marianaclarke

I'll do a tutorial up so you can see how things can be done with photos.

You get the url link from whatever photo sharing site you're using, I used Photobucket for this.and paste it in the box.

Your coding will look similar to this format (removing the space before IMG):
[ IMG](the http:// link provided by the photo sharing site)[/img] [/url ]

Photo%20upload%20tutorial%201_zpsb2cdlv6

• 1 month later...

I have seen a lot of people with pictures etc on their profile pages

Could someone please instruct me on how to do this?

Edited by Shanti
topic "Profile Picture" merged here

Guest marianaclarke

Click on Edit my About Me to be able to put pictures on your profile page, you can upload the pictures directly there.  Make sure to save your changes.

Profile Information

• 1 year later...