3DXChat Community

Is wearing the "glitched" outfits against the TOS?

@Gizmo maybe you can shed some light on this subject? 

I've been told that editing the outfits so that you can wear the harness from the bra section on top of a regular bra and the bottom harness on top of our pants and "glitching" the outfit is against the TOS. But I also got into a heated discussion with someone who says it's NOT. 

In the terms of service it states that anything that edits the code of the game is considered against the terms of service. Wouldn't wearing an outfit that is not meant to be worn the way these people want to have it be worn, be editing the code? Because in behind closed doors that coding is not meant to be there. But it is if you're glitching the outfit out and wearing it the way it's not meant to be. So wouldn't that be considered against the terms of service?

I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble I'm just trying to get some clarification here. Because to keep this from happening, why not allow the females to have the top harness be worn on top of tops and bras and the bottom harness be able to be worn on top of pants and such? 

So many of us would like to see this happen. 😇

On 10/14/2022 at 6:49 AM, Gizmo said:

We got a lot of questions about it. At the moment, you can't do that in the character editor. Some players modify character files manually to get this, but this can lead to infinite character loading.

Maybe we will add this option to the character editor in the future.

Gizmo had the chance to address this usage and never mentioned if it violated the ToS.

• 8 months later...

Wearing them shouldn't violate any ToS because its not "editing code" in the way that you think. Each category of clothing is like an equipment slot in a RPG, but the clothing isn't actually restricted to those equipment slots, they are simply sorted into these categories. All "glitched" outfits do is have the game load something into one of the slots that you can't normally make it load into. It doesn't edit code to do so, the game still functions the exact way its been made to, which is load data from area A and copy it into area B.

That said, the methods used to create these outfits in most cases would violate ToS. Without the use of a very complicated and hair-brained bug/glitch/exploit to trick stuff to load where it isn't normally told to load, an outside tool would be needed. Just knowing of and using such a tool also isn't enough to make such an outfit, you need some knowledge of the internal data strings the game uses. Having that knowledge without being on the dev team is most certainly against ToS, because of the way you'd have to skim into the code of the client to ascertain that knowledge.

In short, using them so long as they aren't very disruptive (tons of tails or wings all over the body) should be fine and safe to do. Making them yourself would not be safe to do, because even if you have a method to do so that doesn't technically break ToS, the developers have no way of actually knowing what method you used. I know this from experience.