3DXChat Community

Turning off poses

It would be nice if we could turn off some of the poses on an action object, ie

image.png.b9eedd1d39cfd64dbdf4ae8d853e68d1.png

A lot of time people build devices for a specific pose then have to use text, letting the user know the poses that work, for example MF-V-21. So it would be nice if builders could right click on one of the action objects, opening a context menu of the available poses and be able to disable/enable some of the poses. One possible solution to do this would be to add a section to the world file in the action object code, for example if I only wanted to use the second pose for the Single tab, the action object code could be {"n":"barstool_ph","p":[-9.039653,1.0548656,-5.8221],"r":[270.0,0.0,0.0],"a":[t1:[2]]}. In my example I used "a" for the action, t1 for the tab "Single" and 2 is the enabled pose index, these would change to how you reference those items in the game code. Not having a tab section would fallback to enabling all the poses. It would be even better if indexes weren't used but instead how you reference them in game since when you do updates and poses are added there wouldn't be a need to correct the enable poses. For example if you add poses to an action object what was pose MF-V-21 is now MF-V-24. This does have the potential to make large world files but I think not having to use text labels to define the correct pose will balance that out.

This actually would be great. I have an object installed that makes you look like a mermaid for photoshoots that works with 1 pose...it would be nice to turn off the others so that it works with only that pose instantly. Really good idea. That and maybe mark the poses with a colored outline so we know if it is MF, FF, MFF without having to stare at it or get the wrong one by mistake.