3DXChat Community

Repeated "Connection Refused" Error

Telemachus

As the title states, I keep receiving a "connection refused" message about ten seconds after logging in. I've been logging in just fine for the last few months, then earlier tonight i got disconnected. I assumed it was the server, so I waited a couple of hours. Went back, same error. I checked the server status at https://3dxchat-status.com/ which says the server is fine. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, same error. I tried logging into the europe side instead of usa, same error. I tried both europe and usa with a vpn active, same error. I checked my firewall for any messages about blocking anything, nothing. Per this forum, I followed the troubleshooting steps at https://3dxchat-status.com/troubleshooting. After completing step six (run the script), instead of the blue text window, I only see a window open for a split second before closing automatically.

I'm quite lost here, so any advice would be appreciated. For the record, I've not installed anything new recently, or messed with any setting on my pc, or had any windows updates. 3dx was working, until it was not...

Edited by Telemachus

It could be your anti-virus had an update and blocked it. Also, if you are using a VPN, try turning it off or turn one on and see. One other thing, try switching from the USA server to the Europe server and see if that resolves the situation.

Hope these suggestions helps,

John

6 hours ago, Telemachus said:

As the title states, I keep receiving a "connection refused" message about ten seconds after logging in. I've been logging in just fine for the last few months, then earlier tonight i got disconnected. I assumed it was the server, so I waited a couple of hours. Went back, same error. I checked the server status at https://3dxchat-status.com/ which says the server is fine. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, same error. I tried logging into the europe side instead of usa, same error. I tried both europe and usa with a vpn active, same error. I checked my firewall for any messages about blocking anything, nothing. Per this forum, I followed the troubleshooting steps at https://3dxchat-status.com/troubleshooting. After completing step six (run the script), instead of the blue text window, I only see a window open for a split second before closing automatically.

I'm quite lost here, so any advice would be appreciated. For the record, I've not installed anything new recently, or messed with any setting on my pc, or had any windows updates. 3dx was working, until it was not...

Sounds like you are trying to run the file as an executable, that is why your window is disappearing. you have to navigate to the directory and open a console or powershell window and then run the program in that and it should stay open for you. Here is an example:

I am trying to run blablaprogram.exe residing at c:\Downloads\directory. It is a console app. I would then open console and navigate to c:\Downloads\directory.

Inside the console at the prompt enter blablaprogram.exe and the window should stay open.

The reason for this is the program, if a console app, needs some file functionality from the console, and if you just run it as an executable, i.e. double click the file, it will close again as it doesn't have the support files it needs.

Hope this helps.

I also had issues several hours ago with successive disconnects. I moved from US Server to Europe's and game stabilized.

Then I saw posts on WC about disconnections. The Bug-Report section of the game's Discord server also had a lot of people complaining about it.

Pay attention to one thing... When you get a Disconnect banner and restart the game, you will most likely see empty friends lists and shared rooms. You may need to restart game (or even restart Windows) more than once to get all back.

On 5/29/2023 at 4:05 AM, CatKatW said:

Pay attention to one thing... When you get a Disconnect banner and restart the game, you will most likely see empty friends lists and shared rooms. You may need to restart game (or even restart Windows) more than once to get all back.

yes, I learned this lesson early on. if you get DC's, close out the game entirely, then restart it. otherwise, as @CatKatW said, you'll almost always see blank profiles and room lists.

• 2 months later...