3DXChat Community

96% GPU load when running 3DX chat

Byrkoff

As title says, i have huge GPU load when 3DX running. On photos you can see more informations and specs of my dektop. Must pointed out that this is only happening on 3DX.

GPU Nvidia GeForce RTX3050, 18GB DDR4, Intel I5 9600, SSD

Any idea?

cats1.jpg

cats2.jpg

I think that's "normal" with 3DXC. Didn't check with the beta version yet, but I don't think that it's a "bug".
And your GPU temperatures are more than ok (74°).

https://www.minitool.com/news/100-gpu-usage.html

"For heavy games, 100% GPU usage is good, while for low-ended games, they can't use all resources hence causing a low GPU usage. At the same time, keeping 100% GPU usage when idle for a long time may lead to higher temperatures, noise levels, and even an evident decrease in performance."

Edited by Diana Prince

You can try to use FPS Limit in settings. In average it might help not loading your GPU to 100% and keeping temps lower.

You also might consider turning off reflections and setting detalisation range to high instead of very high. These two options eat very much resources in some rooms without giving THAT much to the picture. Just like RT in most modern games lol.

But... 3dxchat IS pretty capable of loading 3050 to 100% even with fps limit lets say to 60, it can get very GPU hungry when it comes to large public rooms with a lot of people. 

Honestly, would be nice if devs would add new DLSS / FSR to the game, in 2k and 4k resolutions it makes game load GPU much less while keeping the picture very good on quality preset, sometimes even better than it would look in native with TAA of FXAA.

Though I am not sure how hard/easy it is to implement, I am not a developer, but I know that even modders were adding DLSS / FSR to some games through the mods and considering that devs upgraded game to a newer engine I think its possible, right? 

Thanks both for answers but:

@Diana it is not normal to go to almost 100%. On my MacBook Pro 13 from 2012...with Windows 10 installed...this never came over 60% and also have all settings on ultra high.

@Xizi i don't think it have someting with game but Windows...what...have no idea. I read on web that there are some tasks which can effect on this but nothing specific...thats why i asked here is someone had same or similar problem.

On 5/23/2023 at 4:33 AM, Diana Prince said:

I think that's "normal" with 3DXC. Didn't check with the beta version yet, but I don't think that it's a "bug".
And your GPU temperatures are more than ok (74°).

https://www.minitool.com/news/100-gpu-usage.html

"For heavy games, 100% GPU usage is good, while for low-ended games, they can't use all resources hence causing a low GPU usage. At the same time, keeping 100% GPU usage when idle for a long time may lead to higher temperatures, noise levels, and even an evident decrease in performance."

I don't think that is accurate as I am only using about 40% cpu with 2 instances of the game running at once, this poster def has a cpu load issue.

I am a little rusty on a mac but see if you can see if it has another service start when you start the game, it may be something mac is doing when it is using the windows install. Like it could be some sort of driver issue that has to do with boot camp. Do you have this issue when running other windows applications?

Almost all the people that play, use windows, so you may have better luck asking in an apple support forum.

I have used macs and I know how well they work, I would own one myself if I could afford one. You should not have any issues with a mac playing this game as far as power to handle the game.

I apologize, I misspoke, I misread and thought you were referring to cpu.

Edited by SerenityWillow
corrected my statement

43 minutes ago, SerenityWillow said:

I don't think that is accurate as I am only using about 40% cpu (...)

CPU usage is fairly low (18% Total). The issue is GPU usage.

I also have GPU usage near 100% as soon as I go into a room but I have an average (maybe below average) laptop.

It's perfectly normal, as stated above, use a finer setting of the game graphics or frame rate / Vsync limitation if you are worried about 100% load. Without frame rate limiting, any video card will be 100% loaded unless the CPU is the bottleneck. The 3dx team is working hard to optimize the game and try to provide the best gaming experience for community members!

Your GPU is not the strongest, so I'm not suprised. Mine was similar and had 100% all the time also. What settings you use in-game?

Also there are some intense rooms, where the load is going higher. I guess its because of the lot of reflective surfaces in a room.

This is perfectly normal for 3D applications, and that is such and is 3dxchat, turn on system monitoring (Fps Monitor / Alt + R (Nvidia) / Win + G (windows) or other software (Afterbudner + RivaTunerStatisticServer), you have 100 or more FPS probably on this you see 100 GPU load, on more powerful adapters on the input screen can be 1000 fps at 100% gpu load! Limit the frame rate in the Nvidia panel or in the game. 

Zabi...it is not normal...game not even starting yet and again...in case you missed my main post:

same game runs on 13 years old MacBook Pro with Windows 10 installed at full settings on 60% and at login window 4%.

MacBook spec 13 years old:

• 2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz) with 3MB L3 cache
  • 16GB of 1600MHz DDR3 memory
  • Intel HD Graphics 4000
  • SSD Samsung 850Evo 500GB
  • Windows 10

And desktop PC 2 years old:

• 3.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 9600
  • 16GB of 2666&3000 DDR4
  • Nvidia GeForce RTX 3050
  • SSD Samsung 860Evo 500GB
  • Windows 10

And here is Intel vs. Nvidia...

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-3050-vs-Intel-HD-4000-Mobile-125-GHz/4127vsm7653 

PS: i have no problems with running Second Life, which is far more problematic and it runs at full settings on max. 55%...

During weekend i will install on another ssd new Windows and 3DX on and see what will be then...

Edited by Byrkoff

Its actually good point, maybe the FPS isn't capped on Nvidia manager, I know some wrote about that stuff burning out graphic cards on new Diablo IV. So could be that its just pushing out max FPS even when it doesn't need to go that high FPS, had that happen when I tried one later version of port to UE5 for wildlife. I couldn't understand why my graphic card worked so intensely for something normally wouldn't be any issue in other things, it turned out I didn't have FPS capped in manager so it constantly tried I think to deliver maximum smoothness for G-synth stuff, resulting in absurd high FPS all the time making graphic card work to its maximum then I put it down to about 60fps I think and it was much less intense. Believe many said its issue with 3000 and 4000 series Nvidia Graphic cards.

https://progameguides.com/diablo-4/best-diablo-4-settings-how-to-stop-diablo-4-killing-gpu/

Edited by TashaTight

I must make apology to Xizi who from beginning offered right solution, but i just missed it somehow. It was problem in FPS...i have set  to unlimited and in macbook 30. Ichanged it to 75 and now i have 6% at login and 32% in game...and all settings still on max.

So again thank to all for trying to help me and to @Xizi owe you are beer or coke :)

cats.jpg

cats1.jpg

yes Tasha...as you see...FPS was problem...damn...:)

About Nvidia manager...i don't think i have there some FPS settings. Must say, that i play ocasionally only 3DX and Second Life...no other games at all so at the end, im not much experienced with games. But i use this comp for video editind and 3D modeling...and some renders make computer cpu and gpu fans working quite hard

Edited by Byrkoff

Use these settings:

3DXChat_aZ5xXYMFO8.thumb.png.14ce08279a2c737db4604ffc38d7739d.png3DXChat_O61GAo05ad.png.8ed076104205ea780f3ea99fd07ea317.png3DXChat_V73lDnCvLl.thumb.png.f9cd72732c2b0608ae48c3d982e08123.png

Or use any other software to limit frame rate if you don't want to do it in the game itself, e.g. Nvidia/Amd panel settings.

Frame limitation works only when Vsync is unchecked. Otherwise, the limitation will be the maximum synchronization frequency of your monitor.

42 minutes ago, Byrkoff said:

yes Tasha...as you see...FPS was problem...damn...:)

About Nvidia manager...i don't think i have there some FPS settings. Must say, that i play ocasionally only 3DX and Second Life...no other games at all so at the end, im not much experienced with games. But i use this comp for video editind and 3D modeling...and some renders make computer cpu and gpu fans working quite hard

Think this should help show you how to do it in Nvidia for global effect if you need it. 

Edited by TashaTight

2 hours ago, Byrkoff said:

Zabi...it is not normal...game not even starting yet and again...in case you missed my main post:

same game runs on 13 years old MacBook Pro with Windows 10 installed at full settings on 60% and at login window 4%.

MacBook spec 13 years old:

• 2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz) with 3MB L3 cache
  • 16GB of 1600MHz DDR3 memory
  • Intel HD Graphics 4000
  • SSD Samsung 850Evo 500GB
  • Windows 10

And desktop PC 2 years old:

• 3.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 9600
  • 16GB of 2666&3000 DDR4
  • Nvidia GeForce RTX 3050
  • SSD Samsung 860Evo 500GB
  • Windows 10

And here is Intel vs. Nvidia...

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-3050-vs-Intel-HD-4000-Mobile-125-GHz/4127vsm7653 

PS: i have no problems with running Second Life, which is far more problematic and it runs at full settings on max. 55%...

During weekend i will install on another ssd new Windows and 3DX on and see what will be then...

Your first problem was comparing a mac to a windows pc, even a 13 yo mac will blow away most brand new PCs. ;)

• Gizmo locked this topic