3DXChat Community

merge file and customer objects

sumatra

Hello, I' m a new user in thia game.

I have searched the support portal, but I didn't found the right answer.

I have merged an object from external source to my room in the game. After that I tried to find it on the right side where the other objects ( build in objects) are located. But unfortunatelly, there wasn't. I found it in the room, but it was hard to select because it was far away from my position.

For selecting objects it would be great if I have a tree of objects which I have added to the room.

Is there a similar functionality?

Furthermore when I try to rotate the custom object it breaks. I guess my selecten is wrong or the elements have a different origin point.

I appreciated any answer.

Thanks

Objects / Items are found where they where last saved, so if i save a chair where i normally build, that might be different from where you build and when you merge my chair, it will not be located where you built, but where i did. Try and fly (zoom) around for a bit and see if you spot the objects.

For simultaneously rotation, all the items you want to move need to be grouped together, ( you can do this by clicking on an item and hold down ctrl to click on another, then click on the 5`th last button to the right to group them all ). Then use a scroll down button on top, near the middle called pivot. Drag that down and click so it says center and then you can rotate all.

Hope that helps

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Sumatra, It's like Atle said, the merged item will appear at the location it was last saved. What I do is a little long winded but I find it so useful and once you have done it once it's much quicker and easier after.

1. Save your layout

2. Clear all props, say yes to the warning, you have just saved it so the original is safe.

3. either move your landing zone to x=0 & z=0 or create a block and change its location to x=0 & z=0 (y isn't as important but you want it above than sea level.

4. Merge the item into this empty world. Because there are no other props it is easier to see or you can use click & drag to check large areas in one hit.

5. After finding the merged item select it and move it to your landing zone/block from step 3

6 I like to add a cone shape marker at this point but it's not essential, just makes it easier to find. I rotate it so it's pointing down, enlarge it (a lot) then add a flashing light effect to it. Basically this is just a large, easy to spot pointer. Again set its location to x=0 & z=0 and raise it above your merged item and centre your merged item to it.

7. Select the merged item and the pointer (don't group them) and then 'Save selected to File' You now know exactly where your merged item will appear.

8. Reload your original layout.

9. Create a large, flashing, downward pointing cone as before and make x=0 & z=0 You now know where 0x0 is on your layout, just make a mental note and then delete the cone.

10. Merge the recently saved version into your layout (not the original) & it will appear at 0x0. You now know exactly where this is and where to look for it. The pointer is just an extra aid and this can now be deleted.  

Your rotation problem is very easily remedied. Select 'Pivot' at the top of your screen and then select 'Centre' from the drop down. Now, when you rotate your grouped item the parts will remain in place. 

• 4 weeks later...