3DXChat Community

Looking for Builder

Lumungus

Good Morning peeps,

I have downloaded the Strip Club created by Angiexoxo. Its realy cool and i like it alot and would like to expand this.

So i am looking for a builder, who expand this room on my wishes. 

Is there anyone interessed in?

Greeting 

Lumungus

• 4 weeks later...

Lumungus, You are a sack of shit because you let people build for you and then you dump them, like they are nothing. Not to forget that you also let a builder remove the logo of the original creator. That is wrong in so many ways, never remove the logo of the original builders because you do not own that build. xx

Lumungus seems like a horrible person. He doesn't respect builders and even claims he build a room totaly by himself when in fact, its a room he downloaded on 3dxchat sharing from a great creator named Angixoxo and i even build him things in that room and still claims, he build it all. Lumungus can't build anything and he has no respect for the people who help him. He trash talks about almost everyone that works for him.

I have full understanding for such kinds of situations and also that people are angry or more when something like that happens, but I don't think that such a problem with a certain person should getting treated in any way in a public forum like this.

10 hours ago, Marloesxx said:

Lumungus seems like a horrible person. He doesn't respect builders and even claims he build a room totaly by himself when in fact, its a room he downloaded on 3dxchat sharing from a great creator named Angixoxo and i even build him things in that room and still claims, he build it all. Lumungus can't build anything and he has no respect for the people who help him. He trash talks about almost everyone that works for him.

Now I understand why you call him that and he is 😕

the base problem is, that the world files are not encrypted or protected in any way. They are just plain, readable text files. So, if you put your files up for download, you have no control about them any more. They are more or less "public domain".
But when someone claimins them as their own build, that's really shabby! I always try to make people aware of the parts of my rooms that are not built by me. Honesty should be a no brainer.

Of course, there CAN be occasions when people come up with the exact same build. An example would be if two people would recreate the Coca Cola logo.
My best experience was when I found out that "IamLoved" built the Enterprise NCC-1701, too. He invited me to his version and when I stood in his bridge, I almost thought I was my version! Only some minor details were different. It was surreal, but on the other hand you can expect this when two people recreate the same thing.

14 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

the base problem is, that the world files are not encrypted or protected in any way. They are just plain, readable text files. So, if you put your files up for download, you have no control about them any more. They are more or less "public domain".
But when someone claimins them as their own build, that's really shabby! I always try to make people aware of the parts of my rooms that are not built by me. Honesty should be a no brainer.

Of course, there CAN be occasions when people come up with the exact same build. An example would be if two people would recreate the Coca Cola logo.
My best experience was when I found out that "IamLoved" built the Enterprise NCC-1701, too. He invited me to his version and when I stood in his bridge, I almost thought I was my version! Only some minor details were different. It was surreal, but on the other hand you can expect this when two people recreate the same thing.

Indeed, there are quite a lot of nasty room stealers in game. One of the most direct examples is plush's Bikini motel - it was stolen and then found out by creator. Then that room stealer not only didn't repent, but even modified it to a crappy rebuild as something called "motel ruins"  to mock the creator. It's nasty, but we don't have much ways to prevent it from happening.

There is one possible way to prevent is after finishing the room, just throw tags everywhere then detatch/degroup everything in set before open it to public, even it got stolen, room stealers will either take tons of time to modify everything, or simply give up due to the complexity of the room.  I'm not sure does it really help... but could be good way to try.

Absolutely. But that's a general creator problem and happens very often also in music/ film/ gaming industry that people claim other work as theirs. Pretty sad. I don't remember* which game it was but there was a game which was removed from steam because of stolen work and it was pretty popular in the recent past.

Added: I think the biggest issue is that it get not punished in 3DX in any way at least i never heard a case which got punished. Also when things were encypted i think it would still be possible to steal it anyhow but yeah it would be much harder.

Edited by Janet

2 hours ago, Janet said:

Absolutely. But that's a general creator problem and happens very often also in music/ film/ gaming industry that people claim other work as theirs. Pretty sad. I don't remember* which game it was but there was a game which was removed from steam because of stolen work and it was pretty popular in the recent past.

Added: I think the biggest issue is that it get not punished in 3DX in any way at least i never heard a case which got punished. Also when things were encypted i think it would still be possible to steal it anyhow but yeah it would be much harder.

It's dark&darker... Which is really a shame because technically they're just "stealing their own creations", but seems NEXON is not happy about that

1 hour ago, Lunarelf said:

It's dark&darker... Which is really a shame because technically they're just "stealing their own creations", but seems NEXON is not happy about that

That was the one. I don't wanna know how many law processes are running just because of such things. Thing in 3DX is that it seems not even against the terms of rules at least i did not find anything so there is not even a risk getting punished for stealing other ones work and flag it as their own.

Edited by Janet

On 5/6/2023 at 9:30 PM, Atle said:

Yeah, stop sharing.

I stopped after visiting another "friend" that i had for years in the game on my alt, and he claimed he had built it all ...

I even had some guy use my stream once and claim it was his own, but that turned out to be a bit fun when i just stopped my stream and he was left with silence.

1 hour ago, Whimsy said:

I even had some guy use my stream once and claim it was his own, but that turned out to be a bit fun when i just stopped my stream and he was left with silence.

*awkwardly silence with criket noise*🤣

But true... There's always someone in game who just like to show their 'proness' even they don't have any skills or sence of shame...... or just lazy as f....ungus : p

Edited by Lunarelf

• 2 weeks later...

🇫🇷 Bonjour,

Ce sujet a pris une tournure très intéressante.
En effet, pas plus tard que hier, je parlais avec une amie pro builer.
Je les appelle ainsi, car ce sont des buildeurs qui font des supers constructions. Des rooms parfois très complexes, des univers très différents et magnifiques.
Exemple : Redji et Manyasha, Paulina, Pagos, Torax etc...
Je ne peux pas tous les citer tellement ils sont nombreux. Vous les connaissez déjà.

Et donc, je discutais avec mon amie, qui fait de superbes constructions, et qui les vend, comme ces autres utilisateurs et qui, en ce moment, assiste à des vols massifs de ses objets. Et ces voleurs, les revendent en toute impunité ! Et bien entendu, en faisant passer ses créations, comme les leurs !

Il semble que cela devienne de plus en plus récurrent. Je trouve cela abjecte.
Que les gens achètent ses rooms et utilisent les objets qu'elles contiennent à des fins personnelles pour décorer d'autres rooms, qui n'ont pas vocation à être mise en vente, cela elle n'a aucun problème avec ça, mais voir ses objets, qu'elle crée elle-même, dans des rooms mises en ventes, c'est vraiment répugnant.

Je ne comprends pas les gens qui font ça dans un univers tel que celui-ci. Des menteurs, et des voleurs sans aucun talent, qui font ça comme un sport, juste pour l'appât du gain.

De plus, ces buildeurs expérimentés sont d'une grande gentillesse. Il est facile de parler avec eux, ils n'hésitent jamais à donner de bons conseils, concernant le build. Je trouve ces procédés honteux et révoltants.

Je pense vraiment que Gizmo et Lisa devraient se pencher sérieusement sur la question, afin de protéger les créations de ces personnes.
Il ne faut pas oublier que ce sont eux, nous, qui faisons le monde virtuel. Et que si ces personnes décident de partir, que si les gens décident de partir, tellement dégoûtés par ce types de comportements déviants, 3DXChat pâtira à long terme, d'une mauvaise réputation d'utilsateurs de voleurs.

La sécurité à travers un réseau social, ou un jeu, est très importante et les utilisateurs sont demandeurs de ça. Ils en ont besoin.
Quand vous travaillez pendant des heures. Que vous créez quelque chose et que d'autres personnes viennent, volent votre travail. Se l'approprient, en le vendant comme si c'était le leur, c'est irrespectueux et c'est du vol. Et cela peut être qualifié de vol de propriété intellectuelle.
J'ai d'ailleurs entendu dire, depuis que je suis ici, que les concepteurs de cette plateforme ont eux-même fait les frais de vols de leur propriété intellectuelle, par d'autres personnes. Ils savent donc de quoi je parle s'ils lisent ce post.
Dans certains pays, le vol de la propriété intellectuelle est un délit.

Ce n'est pas pour rien que d'autres platesformes telles que : Seconde Life, Imvu, ou encore Red Lide Center (Utherverse), ont changées leurs politiques internes pour protéger les créateurs, avec plus de contrôles et de modérations.
Rien que sur RLC, ces dernières années, ce sont des centaines de comptes de voleurs en tout genres, qui ont été bannis et leurs créations, (vêtements, layouts de propriétés, objets) ont été retirés de la vente.

Il est grand temps que les concepteurs réagissent à ce problème. Et non attendre qu'un de leur proches soit touché par ce phénomène et se plaigne pour agir.

-------------------------------------

🇺🇸 Hello,

This topic has taken a very interesting turn.
Indeed, just yesterday I was talking with a pro builer friend.
I call them that, because they are builders who make great builds. Rooms sometimes very complex, very different and beautiful universes.
Example: Redji and Manyasha, Paulina, Pagos, Torax etc...
I can't name them all because there are so many of them. You already know them.

And so, I was talking with my friend, who makes beautiful constructions, and who sells them, like these other users and who, at the moment, is witnessing massive thefts of her objects. And these thieves, resell them with impunity! And of course, passing off their creations as their own!

It seems that this is becoming more and more recurrent. I find this abject.
That people buy her rooms and use the objects they contain for personal use to decorate other rooms, which are not meant to be put on sale, she has no problem with that, but to see her objects, which she creates herself, in rooms put on sale, is really disgusting.

I don't understand people who do that in a universe like this. Liars, and thieves without any talent, who do it as a sport, just for the money.

Besides, these experienced builders are very kind. They are easy to talk to, they never hesitate to give good advice, concerning the build. I find these processes shameful and revolting.

I really think that @Gizmo and @Lisa should seriously look into the matter, in order to protect the creations of these people.
We must not forget that it is them, us, who make the virtual world. And that if these people decide to leave, that if people decide to leave, so disgusted by this kind of deviant behavior, 3DXChat will suffer in the long run, from a bad reputation of thieves users.

Security through a social network, or a game, is very important and users are demanding it. They need it.

When you work for hours. When you create something and other people come along and steal your work. Appropriate it, selling it as their own, that's disrespectful and that's theft. And that qualifies as theft of intellectual property.
I've heard since I've been here that the people who designed this platform have had their intellectual property stolen by other people. So they know what I am talking about if they are reading this post.
In some countries, theft of intellectual property is a crime.

It's not for nothing that other platforms such as: Second Life, Imvu, or even Red Lide Center (Utherverse), have changed their internal policies to protect creators, with more controls and moderations.
On RLC alone, in the last few years, hundreds of accounts of thieves of all kinds have been banned and their creations (clothes, property layouts, objects) have been removed from sale.

It is high time that the designers react to this problem. And not wait until one of their relatives is affected by this phenomenon and complains to act

Edited by Khallum Troy

1 hour ago, Khallum Troy said:

🇫🇷 Bonjour,

Ce sujet a pris une tournure très intéressante.
En effet, pas plus tard que hier, je parlais avec une amie pro builer.
Je les appelle ainsi, car ce sont des buildeurs qui font des supers constructions. Des rooms parfois très complexes, des univers très différents et magnifiques.
Exemple : Redji et Manyasha, Paulina, Pagos, Torax etc...
Je ne peux pas tous les citer tellement ils sont nombreux. Vous les connaissez déjà.

Et donc, je discutais avec mon amie, qui fait de superbes constructions, et qui les vend, comme ces autres utilisateurs et qui, en ce moment, assiste à des vols massifs de ses objets. Et ces voleurs, les revendent en toute impunité ! Et bien entendu, en faisant passer ses créations, comme les leurs !

Il semble que cela devienne de plus en plus récurrent. Je trouve cela abjecte.
Que les gens achètent ses rooms et utilisent les objets qu'elles contiennent à des fins personnelles pour décorer d'autres rooms, qui n'ont pas vocation à être mise en vente, cela elle n'a aucun problème avec ça, mais voir ses objets, qu'elle crée elle-même, dans des rooms mises en ventes, c'est vraiment répugnant.

Je ne comprends pas les gens qui font ça dans un univers tel que celui-ci. Des menteurs, et des voleurs sans aucun talent, qui font ça comme un sport, juste pour l'appât du gain.

De plus, ces buildeurs expérimentés sont d'une grande gentillesse. Il est facile de parler avec eux, ils n'hésitent jamais à donner de bons conseils, concernant le build. Je trouve ces procédés honteux et révoltants.

Je pense vraiment que Gizmo et Lisa devraient se pencher sérieusement sur la question, afin de protéger les créations de ces personnes.
Il ne faut pas oublier que ce sont eux, nous, qui faisons le monde virtuel. Et que si ces personnes décident de partir, que si les gens décident de partir, tellement dégoûtés par ce types de comportements déviants, 3DXChat pâtira à long terme, d'une mauvaise réputation d'utilsateurs de voleurs.

La sécurité à travers un réseau social, ou un jeu, est très importante et les utilisateurs sont demandeurs de ça. Ils en ont besoin.
Quand vous travaillez pendant des heures. Que vous créez quelque chose et que d'autres personnes viennent, volent votre travail. Se l'approprient, en le vendant comme si c'était le leur, c'est irrespectueux et c'est du vol. Et cela peut être qualifié de vol de propriété intellectuelle.
J'ai d'ailleurs entendu dire, depuis que je suis ici, que les concepteurs de cette plateforme ont eux-même fait les frais de vols de leur propriété intellectuelle, par d'autres personnes. Ils savent donc de quoi je parle s'ils lisent ce post.
Dans certains pays, le vol de la propriété intellectuelle est un délit.

Ce n'est pas pour rien que d'autres platesformes telles que : Seconde Life, Imvu, ou encore Red Lide Center (Utherverse), ont changées leurs politiques internes pour protéger les créateurs, avec plus de contrôles et de modérations.
Rien que sur RLC, ces dernières années, ce sont des centaines de comptes de voleurs en tout genres, qui ont été bannis et leurs créations, (vêtements, layouts de propriétés, objets) ont été retirés de la vente.

Il est grand temps que les concepteurs réagissent à ce problème. Et non attendre qu'un de leur proches soit touché par ce phénomène et se plaigne pour agir.

-------------------------------------

🇺🇸 Hello,

This topic has taken a very interesting turn.
Indeed, just yesterday I was talking with a pro builer friend.
I call them that, because they are builders who make great builds. Rooms sometimes very complex, very different and beautiful universes.
Example: Redji and Manyasha, Paulina, Pagos, Torax etc...
I can't name them all because there are so many of them. You already know them.

And so, I was talking with my friend, who makes beautiful constructions, and who sells them, like these other users and who, at the moment, is witnessing massive thefts of her objects. And these thieves, resell them with impunity! And of course, passing off their creations as their own!

It seems that this is becoming more and more recurrent. I find this abject.
That people buy her rooms and use the objects they contain for personal use to decorate other rooms, which are not meant to be put on sale, she has no problem with that, but to see her objects, which she creates herself, in rooms put on sale, is really disgusting.

I don't understand people who do that in a universe like this. Liars, and thieves without any talent, who do it as a sport, just for the money.

Besides, these experienced builders are very kind. They are easy to talk to, they never hesitate to give good advice, concerning the build. I find these processes shameful and revolting.

I really think that @Gizmo and @Lisa should seriously look into the matter, in order to protect the creations of these people.
We must not forget that it is them, us, who make the virtual world. And that if these people decide to leave, that if people decide to leave, so disgusted by this kind of deviant behavior, 3DXChat will suffer in the long run, from a bad reputation of thieves users.

Security through a social network, or a game, is very important and users are demanding it. They need it.

When you work for hours. When you create something and other people come along and steal your work. Appropriate it, selling it as their own, that's disrespectful and that's theft. And that qualifies as theft of intellectual property.
I've heard since I've been here that the people who designed this platform have had their intellectual property stolen by other people. So they know what I am talking about if they are reading this post.
In some countries, theft of intellectual property is a crime.

It's not for nothing that other platforms such as: Second Life, Imvu, or even Red Lide Center (Utherverse), have changed their internal policies to protect creators, with more controls and moderations.
On RLC alone, in the last few years, hundreds of accounts of thieves of all kinds have been banned and their creations (clothes, property layouts, objects) have been removed from sale.

It is high time that the designers react to this problem. And not wait until one of their relatives is affected by this phenomenon and complains to act

Maybe some internal built sharing system like Steam has steam workshop to post and share creations in.

1 hour ago, TashaTight said:

Maybe some internal built sharing system like Steam has steam workshop to post and share creations in.

🇫🇷 Je ne connais pas ce système, mais si vous le connaissez et qu'il assure une certaine sécurité, pour les utilisateurs, contre le vol, alors oui.
L'experience que j'ai, c'est que, sur RLC, il faut savoir, déjà que la monaie du jeu est utilisable à tous les niveaux. Il y a une place de marché, sur laquelle on peut trader la monnaie virtuelle contre de l'argent réel.

Au départ, il y avait une plateforme externe, qui je crois existe toujours, faite par des utilisateurs, pour RLC Utherverse. Les utilisateurs pouvaient se faire un compte. Le système était fait, de sorte que l'on pouvait connecter son compte, à ce site de ventes externe. Ainsi, lorsque l'on s'y connecte on est connecté avec notre profile de RLC.
De là, le système mis en place était super simple, il nous suffisait de transférer de la monnaie virtuelle du jeu, sur le profile du site externe. En gros on rechargeait notre sold et on pouvait ainsi acheter des vêtements, des objets etc et vendre.
C'était totalement gratuit. Quand je dis gratuit, c'est qu'on ne payait pas de com.

Puis, RLC a compris qu'il y avait un gros gros manque à gagner.
Ils ont donc créer un espace de ventes de vêtements accessible via notre profile.
- Quand tu veux vendre, un vêtement, tu paies ton espace de vente avec la monnaie virtuelle. Précision, quand tu mets un vêtement en vente dans le catalogue, tu ne paies qu'une fois son emplacement. Et à chaque vente de ce vêtement, RLC ramasse sa commission sur la vente.
- quand un vêtement est vendu une commission revient à RLC.
- Pour la vente des maison et autres propriétés, vu que l'on peut utiliser la monnaie virtuelle, on a juste à transférer la somme au vendeur et il nous transfert la propriété via notre profile, puisqu'on peut tout gérer depuis notre profile. Je crois que Imvu a le même système.
RLC ramasse une commission sur chaque transfert d'un utilisateur à un autre.
-Tu peux te payer ton VIP (abonnement) avec la monnaie virtuelle chaque mois

Vous imaginez maintenant l'argent que cela génère pour les concepteurs et pourquoi ils avaient tout intérêt à sécuriser le travail des buildeurs et des designers de vêtements sur la plateforme ?
Vous y êtes. Ce sont des centaines et centaines de ventes par jours, mois, années.

-----------------------------------

🇺🇸 I am not familiar with this system, but if you are familiar with it and it provides some security, for the users, against theft, then yes.
The experience I have is that on RLC, you have to know, already that the game currency is usable at all levels. There is a marketplace, where you can trade virtual currency for real money.

Initially, there was an external platform, which I believe still exists, made by users, for RLC Utherverse. Users could create an account. The system was made, so that you could connect your account, to this external sales site. So when you log in, you are logged in with your RLC profile.
From there, the system was very simple, all we had to do was to transfer virtual currency from the game to the profile of the external site. Basically, we reloaded our balance and we could buy clothes, items etc. and sell them.
It was totally free. When I say free, I mean that we didn't pay any com.

Then, RLC realized that there was a big shortage of money.
So they created a space for selling clothes accessible via our profile.
- When you want to sell a garment, you pay for your sales space with virtual money. Precision, when you put a garment for sale in the catalog, you pay only once its space. And with each sale of this garment, RLC collects its commission on the sale.
- when a garment is sold a commission is paid to RLC.
- For the sale of houses and other properties, since we can use virtual currency, we just have to transfer the amount to the seller and he transfers the property to us via our profile, since we can manage everything from our profile. I think Imvu has the same system.
RLC collects a commission on each transfer from one user to another.
-You can pay your VIP (subscription) with virtual currency every month

Now you can imagine the money this generates for designers and why they had a vested interest in securing the work of buildeurs and clothing designers on the platform?
Here you are. That's hundreds and hundreds of sales per day, month, year.