3DXChat Community

Using another VR? Pico4

Nilin

Hello,

I have google VR Pico 4 they are very similar to Oculus Quest 2. Does anyone know the possibility to make them run some emulator or something else to "pretend" Quest 2? I noticed that in some VR games controllers from Quest are displayed, not those from Pico 4. It would be nice if 3dxchat generally supports Pico 4, or at least if someone knows a way, they could share it.

12 hours ago, Nilin said:

Hello,

I have google VR Pico 4 they are very similar to Oculus Quest 2. Does anyone know the possibility to make them run some emulator or something else to "pretend" Quest 2? I noticed that in some VR games controllers from Quest are displayed, not those from Pico 4. It would be nice if 3dxchat generally supports Pico 4, or at least if someone knows a way, they could share it.

VR doesn't even work well for Oculus anymore, much less some new version of VR

There is something for Vive called revive, but not sure how it works and not sure if there is one for pico.

And even if it did work, vr controllers don't work in the game, only keyboard and mouse.

YUour best bet would be to check a support forum for pico.

I have a Pico 4 myself. It's much better than the Meta Quest 2 unfortunately it doesn't work with 3DX and I couldn't find a Pico-quest converter. I tested the game with a Meta Quest. You must have a VR Compatible PC but the game is not optimized for VR at all. It remains to be hoped that the migration to the new Unity engine will bring improvements. If so, I will wait for the release of the new Meta Quest 3 planned for the end of the year and which will be much more powerful than the current Quest and Pico 4.

9 hours ago, TonyFrx said:

I have a Pico 4 myself. It's much better than the Meta Quest 2 unfortunately it doesn't work with 3DX and I couldn't find a Pico-quest converter. I tested the game with a Meta Quest. You must have a VR Compatible PC but the game is not optimized for VR at all. It remains to be hoped that the migration to the new Unity engine will bring improvements. If so, I will wait for the release of the new Meta Quest 3 planned for the end of the year and which will be much more powerful than the current Quest and Pico 4.

I wouldn't expect a new Oculus Quest version to work any better in 3dxchat, I have an Oculus Rift S and an Oculus Quest 2, and both function identically in 3dxchat, so it is for sure not which version of Oculus you are using. And actually, my Rift no longer works as Meta has broken it with a new firmware and you have to update to the new firmware to be able to use it. 🙄

Just a side note, how much are those Pico HMD? What is better and worse with those compared to Oculus Quest?

Edited by SerenityWillow

On 3/31/2023 at 8:34 AM, SerenityWillow said:

VR doesn't even work well for Oculus anymore, much less some new version of VR

There is something for Vive called revive, but not sure how it works and not sure if there is one for pico.

And even if it did work, vr controllers don't work in the game, only keyboard and mouse.

YUour best bet would be to check a support forum for pico.

Thanks for these advice unfortually looks like ReVive didnt work with 3DX. Or i dont know how exactly makes its working sadly. And i know 3dx didnt works well in VR but when i was rent a Quest 2, to check VR i was like walking in really good looking rooms to see a views xD And later i choose Pico 4 sooo because some specs looks better + default set is better than the default set of Quest 2

6 hours ago, Nilin said:

Thanks for these advice unfortually looks like ReVive didnt work with 3DX. Or i dont know how exactly makes its working sadly. And i know 3dx didnt works well in VR but when i was rent a Quest 2, to check VR i was like walking in really good looking rooms to see a views xD And later i choose Pico 4 sooo because some specs looks better + default set is better than the default set of Quest 2

I agree, VR is a game changer for 3DXChat. If you do have the chance to see it in VR you would understand, it puts you literally in the game, and the sex, it is amazeballs.

That's why I don't understand why they don't fix it. They must have plans to at some point because the functionality is still in the code and available if you have an Oculus.

Reason I say this is they removed the V-Stroker from the game, but that may be because they now support Lovense devices instead. Not sure, but the Oculus option is still valid.

Keep your fingers crossed VR users! :D