3DXChat Community

Delete inactive names (not the character).

AIice

Delete the names of characters that have not been played for more than one year.

If they come back they can get a new name, but I is silly to have more and more and more names taken for ppl that never use them anymore.

Signed: xXxxXXxxAlicexXxxXXxx

Sinceresly a new player from 2030.

P.S: God! I took 1 hour trying names and this crazy game says all of them were taken... sure it is a bug!

Edited by AIice

14 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

I always have to chuckle when I see this guy in 3DXC with the name "AllGoodNamesAreTaken" 😜
But I agree with you, I had the same problem with DianaPrince, of course it was not available in the game.

yes, I've seen him too. very clever screenname.

On 4/2/2023 at 5:37 PM, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

Someone will come back and after 2-3 years should find what? An empty friend list because the New user of that name did shit or many many more? Thats a bad idea. If it is really difficult to find a good name, just try to use chat gpt. It can help. 

I said, delete the name not the character. It can be done, a lot of ways, I won't bother telling some ideas because I am not a programmer, nor the developer, but sure you can understand there would be more than one way to implement this idea.

I do not need an """""""AI""""""" to think by myself, but thanks for the suggestion, anyway I got Alice, I am not the one with names problems, you see? I am giving the suggestion because I see a lot of ppl annoyed by the name thing.

See you around :)  

12 hours ago, AIice said:

I said, delete the name not the character. It can be done, a lot of ways, I won't bother telling some ideas because I am not a programmer, nor the developer, but sure you can understand there would be more than one way to implement this idea.

I do not need an """""""AI""""""" to think by myself, but thanks for the suggestion, anyway I got Alice, I am not the one with names problems, you see? I am giving the suggestion because I see a lot of ppl annoyed by the name thing.

Well if for some reason, I have to be out of the game... I would like to find my name when back. plus all gifts are linked to the name.

🇫🇷 Ton idée, d'une certaine est façon est bonne, mais vu qu'un pseudonyme est rattaché à un avatar lors de l'inscription, effacer le nom, revient à effacer le compte en fait. On ne peut pas dissocier les deux.
Ce qu'il convient mieux de faire, (et d'autres plateformes le font), c'est que :
- Si depuis la date de création d'un compte, celui-ci est resté inactif depuis 24 mois consécutifs, (aucune connexion, aucun achat etc), le compte est supprimé.
- Dans ce laps de temps, des e-mails sont envoyés afin de prévenir l'utilisateur de la date butoir.
- Si, entre temps, l'utilisateur se connecte sur sa page profile SexGameDevil ou dans la plateforme 3DXChat, le compte ne sera donc pas supprimé.

(ici dans mon exemple, 24 mois c'est à titre indicatif. Les plateformes fixent le temps max d'inactivité d'un compte, avant de supprimer le compte, afin de récupérer les noms et pseudonymes)

🇺🇸 Your idea, in a way, is good, but since a pseudonym is attached to an avatar at registration, deleting the name, is in fact deleting the account. You can't separate the two.
What is better to do, (and other platforms do it), is that :
- If since the date of creation of an account, it has remained inactive for 24 consecutive months, (no connection, no purchase etc), the account is deleted.
- Within this period of time, emails are sent to warn the user of the deadline.
- If, in the meantime, the user connects to his SexGameDevil profile page or to the 3DXChat platform, the account will not be deleted.

(here in my example, 24 months is an indication. The platforms set the maximum time of inactivity of an account, before deleting the account, in order to recover the names and pseudonyms)

In principle, the problem could be solved quite easily.

Each character that is created is given a so-called UUID (Universally Unique IDentifier) This ID is system-internally and is not be necessarily visible to any Gamer.

The UUID s is a long string of letters and numbers. You could compare that with a social security number, which is also unique and is assigned exactly once and to one individual.

In Chat, in the friends list and in the game, however, the name that the player has given to his character is displayed. Analogous to real life, where we all see the name on the front door but not the social security number.

Since the character is identified in-game by a UUID, each name can be used as often as you like.

There's more than one Mr. Smith in real life, but they all have different social security numbers.

Of course, there can sometimes be "mix-ups" in the game, but that can also add an interesting note. And creative players design their character in a recognizable form anyway. Besides, there's always the profile, a kind of ID where anyone who isn't sure which Mr. Smith they're talking to can find out if it's the right one.

That would settle the naming issue once and for all.

If I were Gizmo, I'd think about my suggestion . . .

3 hours ago, Alys said:

gifts are not linked to the name, are linked to the avatar, if you change your name, the name in the gifts will change too. I changed my name twice.

And will appear with no names....lol Gifts are our memories here.

On 4/5/2023 at 7:51 AM, AIice said:

I said exactly about names(not about characters) and about one of the problem that that idea can cause. And I am not the only one who do not want to see a pop-up window(after a 1-2 year break) that tells me that I Must choose another name. People have to use their brains to make a new name because other People before already did it.

See you in a year :)

There are names enought for get or invent.

If is cached then get other.

But on any case, I judt dont want this.

May be some of my friends back some day and I dont want the name or the account deleted.

Keep it always that is possible.

I shoudl like that game allow 3 letters names. will be a fucked thing if other get "mine" (lol.... as if some can say "this is my name" :))) 

Hei, other arrived first. Handle with it.

Some usseful thing will be this. 

User name must be unique and single (on other cases the DB will be a shit), but the name that you show should be possible to be repited (just like something to show ver the avatar). something like Second Life.

You can show your User Name or you can show the name you want.

I don't think the idea of a UUID is so bad, it's understandable that you want to allow players who come back after a break to keep their name (I had a very long break myself once). However, the fact is that it's stupid not to be able to use the name you want, or to have to put loads of "xxx" in front of and behind it at some point. A kind of UUID like the one used in Discord (Name#1234) would be a good compromise. It doesn't have to be displayed in the game window, it could be kept in the profile itself to avoid confusion and everyone would be happy (and I would be rid of an unnecessary "h" in my ingame name...)

Just my idea, but probably too complex and / or complicated to implement.

On 4/6/2023 at 10:05 PM, ZzRedzZ said:

There are names enought for get or invent.

If is cached then get other.

But on any case, I judt dont want this.

May be some of my friends back some day and I dont want the name or the account deleted.

Keep it always that is possible.

I shoudl like that game allow 3 letters names. will be a fucked thing if other get "mine" (lol.... as if some can say "this is my name" :))) 

Hei, other arrived first. Handle with it.

Some usseful thing will be this. 

User name must be unique and single (on other cases the DB will be a shit), but the name that you show should be possible to be repited (just like something to show ver the avatar). something like Second Life.

You can show your User Name or you can show the name you want.

Like a legacy name. It works fine there. Not sure it could work here x) 

3 hours ago, EvaMarie said:

I don't think the idea of a UUID is so bad, it's understandable that you want to allow players who come back after a break to keep their name (I had a very long break myself once). However, the fact is that it's stupid not to be able to use the name you want, or to have to put loads of "xxx" in front of and behind it at some point. A kind of UUID like the one used in Discord (Name#1234) would be a good compromise. It doesn't have to be displayed in the game window, it could be kept in the profile itself to avoid confusion and everyone would be happy (and I would be rid of an unnecessary "h" in my ingame name...)

Just my idea, but probably too complex and / or complicated to implement.

That is what i also had in mind as i started to go through this topic. In general it would fix the problem quite easy but i am just not sure if it does work out like it should.

An "UUID" would make it possible, that a lot of people can have the same name displayed in public rooms, what in worst case could be abused by people for harming reasons, which wanna fake avatars of others and make them feel unconfortable. Maybe i think too far and give this factor too much weight, because people will be able to find that out pretty easy, just by comparing the UUID's, but i thought i throw this thought in.

Besides, a lot of people seem to love having unique names, and i am not sure if that would destroy something for them.

in Second Life, one has a set username, locked in when you create your avatar. but then you have the option of creating a screenname, which can be different, and is changeable. also, each user has the option to view either or both names of others (also displayed overhead, as in 3DX). this is handy to not confuse peeps with similar names.

again, to me this seems simple coding. 

Easy way, besides the regular name anyone could have, making the UUID able to be seen if you activate the view UUID option, erases any chances the fakes can copy you.

Something like this...

demo00001.png