3DXChat Community

Crashes on GTX3060

cichy96

I've bought new laptop and I have constant crashes after some time of playing: sometimes is 2min, other times is about hour.

I've checked logs and reason is 0x00007FF9ECF6564D (d3d11) CreateDirect3D11SurfaceFromDXGISurface (full crash dump in attachment). Futher investigation (as I can Investigate as player) shows me, that this bug is caused by Unity itself and it was fixed in Unity 2020... I don't know if something is wrong with meta, but it's looks like You are still using legacy Unity 2018... Maybe it's good time for upgrade? I know it could be hard (I did it, I suffered), because this version isn't supported anymore and such issues will be worse and worse with new technologies.

Crash_2023-03-11_151322094.zip

• 4 weeks later...

I have a kind of the same problem when im in building mode, when i build its all fine but far as i want to duplicate a  thing (No matter if its a small 1 piece or a builded thing out of 100 pieces) the game crashes completly. 

Game keeps crashing on my system. Sometimes it crashes my entire desktop. CPU Temps are at 60 - 70 Degrees playing on Medium. It crashes more when I set the Preset to Extremely High. Crashes often happen on rooms full of people. GPU is below 50 Degrees. Have the game installed on SSD and it still crashes. Does not happen on graphically demanding games. Cyberpunk makes my CPU go at 90 Degrees without crashing.

Specs:

Tower: Gigabyte Aorus C500 Glass Mid-Tower Gaming Case
Motherboard: MSI PRO Z790-A WIFI DDR4
GPU: GeForce RTX™ 4090 WINDFORCE 24G
Processor: Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor
Cooler: LIAN-LI Galahad AIO 360 BLACK CLOSED-LOOP Liquid CPU Cooler LED RGB
SSD(1): Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB
SSD(2): Dynabook Boost AX5600 2TB M.2 SSD
HDD(1): Toshiba 2TB DT01ACA200
HDD(2): Seagate Skyhawk Surveillance ST3000VX009 3TB Hard Drive
RAM: KLEVV Bolt XR (8 x 4) 32GB 4000MHz DDR4-RAM
Power Supply: AORUS P1200PM PSU - Platinum Rated 1200W Power Supply
Display: Dell G3223Q 32 Inch 4K UHD (3840x2160) Gaming Monitor

4 hours ago, MeiLing said:

have you disabled the Intel graphic chipset ?

I've just disable it and the game still runs the same way. CPU did not go above 70 Degrees. I tested the game on Extremely High on 1440p, managed to get to 50 - 60 frames with 100+ people. 5 minutes later the same blue screen of death showed and my PC restarted.

2 hours ago, JezeBella said:

I've just disable it and the game still runs the same way. CPU did not go above 70 Degrees. I tested the game on Extremely High on 1440p, managed to get to 50 - 60 frames with 100+ people. 5 minutes later the same blue screen of death showed and my PC restarted.

have you seen the NVDIA recommended to upgrade driver: you should have 531.41 after this. BSOD is usually driver related.

Yes I always have my graphics card updated. It is currently at 531.41 so its not the GPU. RAM is just fine. Have the game allowed in Firewall. Ran 5 full scans and nothing pops up. When I had my 3070 back in the day and an older processor, this game ran just fine on High. I don't think its used to the new hardware.

19 hours ago, JezeBella said:

Game keeps crashing on my system. Sometimes it crashes my entire desktop. CPU Temps are at 60 - 70 Degrees playing on Medium. It crashes more when I set the Preset to Extremely High. Crashes often happen on rooms full of people. GPU is below 50 Degrees. Have the game installed on SSD and it still crashes. Does not happen on graphically demanding games. Cyberpunk makes my CPU go at 90 Degrees without crashing.

Specs:

Tower: Gigabyte Aorus C500 Glass Mid-Tower Gaming Case
Motherboard: MSI PRO Z790-A WIFI DDR4
GPU: GeForce RTX™ 4090 WINDFORCE 24G
Processor: Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor
Cooler: LIAN-LI Galahad AIO 360 BLACK CLOSED-LOOP Liquid CPU Cooler LED RGB
SSD(1): Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB
SSD(2): Dynabook Boost AX5600 2TB M.2 SSD
HDD(1): Toshiba 2TB DT01ACA200
HDD(2): Seagate Skyhawk Surveillance ST3000VX009 3TB Hard Drive
RAM: KLEVV Bolt XR (8 x 4) 32GB 4000MHz DDR4-RAM
Power Supply: AORUS P1200PM PSU - Platinum Rated 1200W Power Supply
Display: Dell G3223Q 32 Inch 4K UHD (3840x2160) Gaming Monitor

Wow! Nice system! You should not be having any problems running 3dxchat, much less any game on the market.

It seems to me you have a problem with your video card. As MeiLing has said BSOD are always hardware related, as the BSOD IS a hardware error.

When it crashes next, take a picture of the BSOD with your phone and post it here so we can see which hardware is failing.

Last time I had this issue my vid card was failing and loosing communication with the hardware driver because it was over heating.

Sometimes you get a bad one.

7 hours ago, JezeBella said:

Also try reinstalling the driver, but do it this way:

Manually uninstall your video card driver.

Restart windows

Reinstall your driver, but make sure you check Fresh Install.

Restart your pc even though it doesn't say to and see if that fixes it, if not I would suspect your graphics adapter to be the culprit.

I have read that people are having issues with the RTX 4000 series adapters.

If your PC is still under warranty, I would contact them and report your issue you are having and have it looked at.

13 minutes ago, SerenityWillow said:

Also try reinstalling the driver, but do it this way:

Manually uninstall your video card driver.

Restart windows

Reinstall your driver, but make sure you check Fresh Install.

Restart your pc even though it doesn't say to and see if that fixes it, if not I would suspect your graphics adapter to be the culprit.

I have read that people are having issues with the RTX 4000 series adapters.

If your PC is still under warranty, I would contact them and report your issue you are having and have it looked at.

I've just tested my GPU on two demanding games at the same time; Warhammer 3 and Darktide for over 2 hours without crashing. I've also had multiple Youtube tabs just to test my RAM to see if there were any problems.

The usual way to reinstall a driver is through Display Driver Uninstaller which I have a couple of times for 3DXChat but the game still crashes. This game does not eat all my GPU/CPU power which makes sense since its an old game hence it has no reason to crash my GPU. I've recently bought my GPU and it works flawlessly on recent games with Ray Tracing. So I don't think its necessary to get it checked.

I had a similiar problem. What I did was: check if the dword for the "Start" parameter is set to "4" in the following registry entries:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Prozessor
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Intelppm

If it is set to "3", then change it to "4" and restart your PC.

3-7-768x394.png

18 hours ago, Diana Prince said:

I had a similiar problem. What I did was: check if the dword for the "Start" parameter is set to "4" in the following registry entries:

3-7-768x394.png

This method seems to be the fix for me. After 1 hour in a crowded room, there were no crashes and the game does not stutter my PC like it did before. Thanks!

On 4/8/2023 at 11:03 AM, Diana Prince said:

3-7-768x394.png

What is the reason or cause of this and is it only pertaining to RTX 400 series? What does this do? Is it turning off the onboard intel Graphics or something?

And what causes this?

If you could shed some light on this Diana Prince would be awesome!

When I got my new PC last year in February, with a RTX 3090, I got similiar bluescreens and the PC rebootet. But only in 3DXC and in crowded rooms.
I used the program "whocrashed" to analyse the Windows crash logs, and it said the intelppm.sys driver caused this.
Then I googled intelppm.sys bluescreen crashes and got a lot of hits. I tried everything they suggested (update all drivers etc.), but this registry edit some of them mentioned, solved it for me.
I think it has something to do with the CPU power management, but don't quote me on that. But some Windows updates reset the values in the registry. So if it crashes again, have a look at the registry!

• 2 months later...

One caution to this solution.

Setting those registry keys to "4" will force those particular components to run at full-power all the time. From gaming down to just reading e-mail, your computer will be running those components constantly at full-power.

Caveat emptor.

I might suggest that a better solution is to use the Windows Power Options control to temporarily set your PC to maximum performance for gaming, then put it back to balanced when not needed.

9 hours ago, Uthyr said:

One caution to this solution.

Setting those registry keys to "4" will force those particular components to run at full-power all the time. From gaming down to just reading e-mail, your computer will be running those components constantly at full-power.

Caveat emptor.

I might suggest that a better solution is to use the Windows Power Options control to temporarily set your PC to maximum performance for gaming, then put it back to balanced when not needed.

Windows 11 has game mode that does that.