3DXChat Community

Small fonts

NewsGuy

What exactly do you mean with "unexpected"? You need to have the settings to "global" and "center" (look at the top of the screenshot), then use the transform tool (7th button from the left), hold shift (IMPORTANT), then you see a white rectangle that you can move with your mouse and shrink the object. This way the object gets scaled correctly.

If you mean that your letters gets messed up when scaling them really small, that's a known problem. You can see this effect on the numbers of the dashboard in the screenshot. They were correct when scaling and saving them, but when load the world file again, the editor doesn't read the size values of the objects correctly and messes them up.
I sent a detailed analysis of this behaviour to the devs two years ago.

2023-03-09 09-29-36_9355.png

6 hours ago, Diana Prince said:

What exactly do you mean with "unexpected"? You need to have the settings to "global" and "center" (look at the top of the screenshot), then use the transform tool (7th button from the left), hold shift (IMPORTANT), then you see a white rectangle that you can move with your mouse and shrink the object. This way the object gets scaled correctly.

If you mean that your letters gets messed up when scaling them really small, that's a known problem. You can see this effect on the numbers of the dashboard in the screenshot. They were correct when scaling and saving them, but when load the world file again, the editor doesn't read the size values of the objects correctly and messes them up.
I sent a detailed analysis of this behaviour to the devs two years ago.

2023-03-09 09-29-36_9355.png

Hi Diana, does it matter if the objects in the letters are grouped or not?

I have never run into this issue, but I see it a lot on the forums.

no, it doesn't matter. When loading the world file, only the first three digits after the dot in the scale values are read. This is what I sent to the devs:

Whenever you have really small objects, like a word on the logo of a beer bottle, these objects look fine in the editor. But when you save and reload the world file, every object that is smaller than 0.001 in any axis gets corrupted. E.g. an object that is
"s":[-0.000939955062,-7.64168362E-05,-0.00713953935] in the world file, will be -0.001 in the World Editor. This messes things up enourmously. Thanks for your help.
Bild
Edited by Diana Prince