3DXChat Community

1. Infinite loading screen
    You are able to login, but can't get past the loading screen, no matter how long you wait.

Reset your avatar:
    Login to https://3dxchat.com/members/
    Under "manage account" you can see a list of your avatars and click the "Reset avatar"-button next your avatar name.

2. Missing mouse cursor
    Your mouse cursor is nowhere to be found in game.

There is a shortcut to hide the cursor, right click anywhere on the screen (outside of the chat box and the menu) and press: Shift + C

3. Missing UI / HUD / Chat, name, gold & Menu
    Your user interface is missing from the screen.

There is a shortcut to hide the UI, click anywhere on the screen (outside of the chat box and the menu) and press: Shift + Z

4. Connection problems
    If you get connection refused or lost connection, but nobody else is having the same issue.

First of all, check your own internet connection.
    Then you can use this site to check for a live status of 3DXChat here: https://status.3dxchat.net/
    If that isn't the problem you can try to run a self-test to see if your ISP or firewall is blocking any of the connections 3DXChat needs to function here: https://status.3dxchat.net/selftest for a more accurate and detailed troubleshoot, you can download and run the troubleshoot file: https://status.3dxchat.net/troubleshooting (Follow the guide on the page)

If your connection is blocked or slow try the following steps:
    Use a VPN there are plenty of free VPN options out there.
    Use a cable connection instead of WiFi.
    Allowing 3DXChat through your firewall and antivirus software.

5. UI went missing when closing the camera window with (Hide interface enabled)
    You UI is gone and the shift + z shortcut doesn't work.

You can press F1 you open up the settings windows, closing it again will restore your UI.
    This might cause the action menu to go missing, see question 6.

6. Action menu went missing
    If your action menu is missing from screen and it doesn't come back when using the icon at the bottom right side of the screen.

Open the in-game camera tool and uncheck "hide interface", this should restore the action menu.
    If not restart the game.

7. Launcher says 3DXChat is already running
    When you do a fresh install of 3DXChat for the first time, the launcher might complain and say that 3DXChat is already running.

Simply close down the launcher and go into the game directory and launch 3DXChat.exe from there, it will proceed to update the launcher and you can then get into the game.

8. Launcher first time download failed after 5 attempts
    The launcher might also be stuck on: Settings initialized! Checking for updates...
    When you do a fresh install of 3DXChat for the first time, the launcher might complain and say that it failed because of a network error.

Make sure that your antivirus does not block the launcher and try to launch it as administrator.
    Some countries block adult content like 3DXChat, so you might need to install a VPN to complete the download.
    There are some free VPN options available like Proton VPN.

9. Installation and removal of 3DXChat
    When downloading 3DXChat it should be noted that the launcher is a self extracting file, placing the game in the current folder where the launcher is located, once you run it.
    You won't get a normal installation window, and it has nothing to do with the version of windows you use, it's the way 3DXChat is developed.
    Side note: Be sure that the folder you placed the launcher in has the correct read/write permissions for your user.

You possibly want to place the launcher somewhere else e.g. X:\3DXChat\ and create a shortcut onto your desktop or taskbar from there.

Once you run the game for the first time it will create a new folder Documents/3DXChat where screenshots and settings etc. are stored.
    It also creates a table within the registry database of your windows, where it stores your in-game settings, saved colors, login information (if "remember me" is selected) is stored.

Removal of 3DXChat
    Delete the folder where the game files are located e.g. X\3DXChat\
    Then you delete the 3DXChat folder in your documents folder.
    To remove the registry files you can use Gizmo's tool which can be found here:

10. I have another question that you haven't answered
    I will try to keep this post updated when I see a lot of people asking the same questions.

These are the most frequent questions I have seen and answered on the forums.
    If you have any other questions about the game please check the official FAQ: https://3dxchat.com/support/
    And if that doesn't help you, make a new post and someone will try their best to help you.

If you face a serious issue you can contact support on Discord by posting a ticket in the #support channel. You will need to be verified there (#get-verified channel).
Edited by MissD
Correction of section 9

• Gizmo pinned this topic
50 minutes ago, SerenityWillow said:

@MissDYou may need to change your post from Forum FAQ to Troubleshooting FAQ or Game Errors FAQ or something along those lines.

New people are already asking things you list in you exceptional FAQ you submitted.

Forum FAQ sounds like it is about the forums, not what you cover in your FAQ.

Just a suggestion. :D 

The reason I called it Forum FAQ was because 3dx already have an official FAQ, and the post was more about what people kept asking on the forums over and over again 😛

But I guess it would make sense to change the name to something more relevant for the users looking for help 😁

• MissD changed the title to Troubleshooting FAQ
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Help! I am having trouble logging in for the first time; as the launcher just continues to load with no progress or indication of what is happening. I have tried re-installing the game, disabling all my virus protection, although nothing seems to be working. Thank you in advance.

Capture.PNG

17 hours ago, JeffTheMan said:

Hello,

Help! I am having trouble logging in for the first time; as the launcher just continues to load with no progress or indication of what is happening. I have tried re-installing the game, disabling all my virus protection, although nothing seems to be working. Thank you in advance.

Capture.PNG

The issue has been resolved in private messages 🙂

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

MissD you may want to add this to your FAQ as it has come up a lot on the forums, it is about the install.

Beginning text:

The installer does not install the app as windows actually does normally, it has nothing to do with the version of windows you use.

The installer is actually a self-extracting file that unpacks in whatever directory it is located at.

This type of install is what is known as "Portable Install". It relies on its own files to run, a good example of this is a Blender zip file, it can be run in any directory and uses its own resources to work.

It also creates a directory, Documents/3DXChat/, if it is not there already, this is where your avatar and screenshots and some game files it needs are stored.

The game is run from the directory it was extracted to, that is why there is no application in your start menu, and no uninstall in control panel.

To uninstall the game just delete the directory it resides in. To completely remove it from your system you also have to delete the directory in Documents and all the registry entries as well.

To make shortcut for your desktop or taskbar, go to the directory i.e... Downloads/3dxchat/game, in here you will find the actual executable the game uses. R Click the executable and choose-Send to Desktop (create shortcut).

There is another 3dxchat.exe in the main directory also, why there is does not make sense to me, so make sure you use the executable in the Game directory not in the main directory.

To add a shortcut to the game on your taskbar simply open the game and right click the icon in your taskbar and choose "Pin to Taskbar" option, in Windows 11 I believe you can also pin it to the start menu as well.

Also, download to a folder that has write permissions as well, or you will not be able to extract it, this is not a problem for windows 10, only windows 11 as it has new and added security features enabled. And your AV software may mark it as being infected, if you DL from the members area I can assure it is completely safe.

I did some research when it happened to me, and it is caused by a file with the same name as a generic virus, but it is not infected, it is a false positive.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Lori said:

If I want to send a gift code to a person that has never registered to the game, do they still need to pay in order to register?

No, she does not need to pay but must register and create an account to be able to activate the code.

7 hours ago, Boov said:

This is what i'm getting for the latest patch. I was having the issue before and used the link above and it worked (thanks MissD). but today's patch is now doing this.  Please help! @MissD

image.png.f8a0adc74e7a93483c5e828e74cd0c3c.png

My subscription ended so I do not have the latest files for the time being.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, MeiLing said:

Are you trying to reinstall the whole game? Check the directory... if document and onedrive change directory

shes fully reinstalling it in the downloads folder where it was before the patch