3DXChat Community

Editor highlighting which texture is in use

NewsGuy

When I select an object, I have no idea what texture is in use. The editor must know the texture that has been assigned to an object in order to display it. Surely the editor could highlight the texture in the list so I can tekl what it is. Given we can't add custom textures, it's 100% guaranteed it's a texture from that list but often it's an agonizing process to identify it.

Object always have reassigned texture and color which you're then able to change, the base one is the texture called Clean and white. Then of course you will have the global light setting that will impact the object and light sources if you choose to place them inside. Lights work different from each other in way global light have preset color it gives of, you can adjust the value or change time in day cycle to change it somewhat. But its not customizable past picking one day cycle icons and placing in a number value. Light effect themselves you can change both colors and value, however you can't change value with numbers, instead the follow color theory of white and black works as volumes to preexisting color. Meaning that say you want to make a yellow light then you pick yellow color, then use the color swatch range to pull it further to to white or upwards area or closer to black or downwards.