3DXChat Community

Don't use Legacy saved outfits

SerenityWillow

I believe I have figured out the perpetual loading screen issue for people.

I think the issue lies in the outfit save files from the pre launcher version of the game.

My hypothesis is that the older version of the save file is not compatible with the new game code, or the new game version is looking in the wrong place for the file it wants.

This would explain why it goes into perpetual load screen as that is the time it is looking for the file. Hence the perpetual load screen because it is looking for it but can't find it.

What brings me to this conclusion is, I noticed when you extract the game it extracts to the directory it resides in and then makes a folder in documents for common settings and screen shots. And this happens more frequently for people just coming back.

The devs may want to look into this.

55 minutes ago, SerenityWillow said:

I believe I have figured out the perpetual loading screen issue for people.

I think the issue lies in the outfit save files from the pre launcher version of the game.

My hypothesis is that the older version of the save file is not compatible with the new game code, or the new game version is looking in the wrong place for the file it wants.

This would explain why it goes into perpetual load screen as that is the time it is looking for the file. Hence the perpetual load screen because it is looking for it but can't find it.

What brings me to this conclusion is, I noticed when you extract the game it extracts to the directory it resides in and then makes a folder in documents for common settings and screen shots. And this happens more frequently for people just coming back.

The devs may want to look into this.

Well you may have noticed that some players are modifying their save (suspenders with skirt ;) ). A bad modification... and you got a perpetual loading.

Sometimes things just happens in the editor, giving you options you shouldn't have, and some of these changes can lead to a corrupt avi, giving the infinite loading screen, my point being, yes some do use modified files, but sometimes it just bugs out.

If it does bug out ALT+F4 in the editor will not save your avi file to the server, and that could save you a potential infinite loading screen and the wait for support to get back to you.

4 hours ago, MeiLing said:

Well you may have noticed that some players are modifying their save (suspenders with skirt ;) ). A bad modification... and you got a perpetual loading.

Do you know how many "perpetual loading" cases are showing up on a daily basis? Given that the avatar saves are binary (contrary to easily tweakable text .world files) not many people would adventure making modifications... imho

the layer's logic behind these modifications is the items are taking the 'same position' but not 'same place'. so if anyone have an outfit modifyed character——don't, just don't try to put 2 wears that exactly same together, it does nothing but strongly increase the cliente's crashing chances.

beside: old dlls doesn't work anymore! So don't try to use those savings by simply adding a F above the codes like before, especially do not try to use dlls from other "you know what" servers as the modifying template, it will only crash the avatar data because the game are trying to put non existing things on, and this leads to infinite loading. 😒

maybe...try to be patient a little more? the incoming update has only 3 sex poses. let's cross our fingers and wish maybe that means we have some outfit updates? at least maybe...? 🥺