3DXChat Community

Restore the "no name" feature for rooms

Alys

A lot of rooms and their "be hidden" tematic went to... well you know where, because of that fix.
There was a real problem with that "bug"? Did it make the game crash or fail?
If not, please devs, unfix that.

Thanks for your time 🙂

The reason it was "fixed" was there was new way the application deals with and displays names with the advent of custom name tags, so put simply, the names not being able to be hidden anymore was a side-effect of that new system being installed, rather than a bug fix.

Yeah, that option shown up there is kinda useless and is quite old, I think it always has been there. its usually used for pics and videos.

It would be great if a similar one were in the room editor options, so those rooms could be able to work as intended.

8 hours ago, CatKatW said:

That was the situation before one of the last updates. Since then the names are displayed no matter the "depth" of the sea level / ground.

Yeah, it was my understanding that the bug was related to negative z-axis values, and like JenC said it wasn't so much 'fixed' as it was bypassed by a new nameplate display method.

But regardless of that, I want to support the sentiment of this post 100% ... The changes have broken a number of functionally unique rooms, from Hunt Mazes, to Roleplay rooms and Anonymous Sex/Partner Sharing rooms. It was a bug that added experiential value to the game, was a source of emergent gameplay ideas, and to the best of my knowledge hurt nobody in the process.

I think it's important to get the simple functionality, of a Builder being able to toggle nameplate display On or Off for their rooms, back again... The old bug should be functionally included as a feature in this new display system.

20 hours ago, CatKatW said:

That was the situation before one of the last updates. Since then the names are displayed no matter the "depth" of the sea level / ground.

Thanks for the info, I didn't know it was changed.

I haven't done it in a long time.

Sorry for the misinformation OP.

Then I also agree there should be a setting in the editor for the building designers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2023 at 6:22 AM, Xizi said:

Speaking about settings in editor for builders, I would love to see an option to turn off a flying camera in the room. 

That would be great for RP spaces, but boy I'd hope it doesn't get overused... F5ing around a room while I wait for the radio ads to finish and the music to start playing is the main way I decide if I want to stay or not. :)