3DXChat Community

The Lake Announcement

Keely

For the past 3 years, The Lake has been hosted by CodyBurton aka Kylebur. He kept the room alive while I was away doing other things and I know there are a few people who liked that the Lake remained open during my hiatus. On my return to 3DX, he continued to host the room which allowed me to continue my art endeavors and also make some upgrades to the Lake. I can not express enough how much I appreciate his dedication to the room and it makes me sad that he has decided to leave 3DX.

That being said, I have decided to pick up the gauntlet of hosting the room again as I did for a few years after creating the Lake in 2016ish. I will try to maintain the same consistency that he was able to achieve. I have the game running on a separate cpu and have tested its functionality and all seems to be working. I would ask for patience as I adjust to the cadence and demands of keeping a room open 24/7. I created an account just for hosting and I am using a derivative of my artist moniker, xfablex.

The Lake has meant a lot to me and I will do what I can to keep it going. Again, I can not thank Cody enough for his patronage and commitment to the room. 

• 2 months later...

I updated the Lake tonight to a new version.

• I made several changes to the layout where the old Mill use to be. 
  • I added cabins more fitting for the lake on the shoreline
  • I added a massive Ferris Wheel
  • I expanded the caves
  • I updated the main dance floor
  • I added several spots for relaxing and other activities
  • I fixed a few issues

I have found two issues I will fix at the next update:

• Portal to sunset cabin is broken
  • There are some placement issues with a sidewalk 

I hope to see you at the Lake sometime.