3DXChat Community

Build Mode Suggestions & Bugs

OlalaBaby

Hello, as 3DXChat builder I have some suggestions for this game.

Tools: 

• Mirroring: This feature really needed for any builder as it will save time while trying to create custom shapes. (No, turning it 180 degrees does not give same result all the time!)

Other:

• Multiple sizing within editing values: Should be able to modify multiple objects just by editing transform value as you can do on single objects.
  • Color: Selecting a singular object should pick its color automatically on color picker!

And heres some bugs I encountered:

Bugs:

• When I duplicate an object from a grouped object, it becomes part of that group. I have seen this many times and its really annoying.
  • Sometimes when you copy a light, you cannot see lighting, it fixes up when I visit room.
  • Color: Selecting a color from my saved color list does not pick it on color picker. (See below) Hex value does not get updated either, its annoying again.
  • image.png.f4dcba74d9677e9197898cc3c571e17a.png

I have seen such great builders in this game and 3DXChat needs to favor these builders, supplying more tools. See ya on another forum post maybe!

Not sure if that is really a bug to be honest. Sometimes it can be time saving that single duplicated objects are still in group. You also can simply select the group, deselect the object you don't wanna have in group and un/regroup it after it. Annoying is when you duplicate the whole group with a huge amount of object and it's connected with the source one. That's 🤮. But the only thing what you have to do to avoid this is simply ungroup and regroup directly after duplicating while your duplication is selected. What makes life really complicated sometimes are the "colors". There is no fast and easy way to find out which color the object has. Halderim brought a tool what is able to read out the color code and i am thankful for it but nevertheless it's exhausting when you wanna have multiple informations at once.

Edited by Janet

18 hours ago, OlalaBaby said:

Hello, as 3DXChat builder I have some suggestions for this game.

Tools: 

• Mirroring: This feature really needed for any builder as it will save time while trying to create custom shapes. (No, turning it 180 degrees does not give same result all the time!)

You can do mirroring:

On 2/8/2023 at 11:03 AM, Janet said:

Not sure if that is really a bug to be honest. Sometimes it can be time saving that single duplicated objects are still in group. You also can simply select the group, deselect the object you don't wanna have in group and un/regroup it after it. Annoying is when you duplicate the whole group with a huge amount of object and it's connected with the source one. That's 🤮. But the only thing what you have to do to avoid this is simply ungroup and regroup directly after duplicating while your duplication is selected. What makes life really complicated sometimes are the "colors". There is no fast and easy way to find out which color the object has. Halderim brought a tool what is able to read out the color code and i am thankful for it but nevertheless it's exhausting when you wanna have multiple informations at once.

No its not saving time, you could group these objects together after selecting both and hitting group again so as you said, when you have a big group and you wanted to copy a part, good luck with that.

On 2/8/2023 at 12:12 PM, Diana Prince said:

You can do mirroring:

Thanks for tip, but why I'm going through 3 steps when they could implement a tool that mirrors automatically?

41 minutes ago, OlalaBaby said:

No its not saving time, you could group these objects together after selecting both and hitting group again so as you said, when you have a big group and you wanted to copy a part, good luck with that.

That's true but it's possible to do it with the merging system. So yeah you need to save the group, save the room, load the group after it in a fresh room without hindreds, modify it like you want and remerge the groups after it into the room. But yeah it could be easier.