3DXChat Community

Problem Cloning in Edit

Isabelle

Recently intermittently when cloning  3dx simply shuts down on restarting it reloads my original build prior to any saved work I had made. Reloading a saved copy I continue to work, however  it often repeats the same shutdown. It doesn't do it every time I clone anything it seems quite random, I first thought it was just when cloning a multiple piece however I since discovered it will happen on a single object also. Does anyone have experience of same or give me a clue as to what the fault may be ?

I don't know how to avoid this but the best is to always save the project before quitting the game or leaving editor. And better save more than to less. I save like every 5 minutes. Would be cool when there would be an auto save feature by the way which creates everytime a new file after a certain amount of minutes. Would make life very easy. Nearly every edit software has this because sometimes crashes can appear and this avoids a massiv progression loss.

Edited by Janet

19 minutes ago, Janet said:

I don't know how to avoid this but the best is to always save the project before quitting the game or leaving editor. And better save more than to less. I save like every 5 minutes. Would be cool when there would be an auto save feature by the way which creates everytime a new file after a certain amount of minutes. Would make life very easy. Nearly every edit software has this because sometimes crashes can appear and this avoids a massiv progression loss.

Yes your perfectly correct and in desperation I have been saving after every single addition to the build, as I cannot know if the next time I add anything it will just shutdown again.

On 1/23/2023 at 1:06 AM, Isabelle said:

Recently intermittently when cloning  3dx simply shuts down on restarting it reloads my original build prior to any saved work I had made. Reloading a saved copy I continue to work, however  it often repeats the same shutdown. It doesn't do it every time I clone anything it seems quite random, I first thought it was just when cloning a multiple piece however I since discovered it will happen on a single object also. Does anyone have experience of same or give me a clue as to what the fault may be ?

Yes, this happens to me often.

And it seems to be certain objects and large groups of objects for me.

Usually I just log back in and it works again. I can even do what crashed it previously and works ok afterward.

I think it is a major bug.

I know this may sound crazy, but try and clear your default internet's browser cache, since the game is http based may be causing issues. Just a suggestion.

But if I were in your situation, I would try any suggestions because it sounds like it really sux for you. I know it would annoy the fuck out of me.

Thank you Serenity I had over looked clearing cache more frequently, although I do so every time I close windows for the day. But  also your reply while not solving is a relief to know its not limited to me and is a bug. As annoying as it may be I can cope when I know there is nothing I can do except wait until its fixed.😉

On 1/23/2023 at 10:06 AM, Isabelle said:

Usually happens when you copy items which aren't all grouped as one them it makes copies far that I can tell. Only way I know to reduce or avoid it is to degroup and regroup things during work process before copying. Essentially if you have all things grouped you can click some items individually I think with is it holding SHIFT I think, once you deselected items from rest group you can click group BUTTON, this will leave other items into group of their own which should allow copying that group once you select it again without problems. It can be tedious process to do especially if now all items are easily selected to regroup and ungroup things in order to avoid problem but is only way I personally know.

One example of this would be say you made custom bed group, some bed custom group tables and select all 3 of them. If you copy them as separate 3 grouped items selected, chances are you will end with additional copies on spots where they were copied. To avoid this you have to group the 3 item groups into 1 before copying. Then after if you don't want them grouped as one item, then you will need to use SHIFT and deselect pieces from each former group then group remaining items until you're back at 3 item groups again.

Its extremely frustrating I know but until developers to some quality of life changes to the occurring duplicate problems you either have to do this or manually delete copies or get 3rd party tool to delete the duplicate copies.

EDIT: Obvious solution assuming its not technically impossible to do would be allow us to melt grouped item into permanent solid item, so system recognize it as one object and not individual objects grouped together, so it wont make copies of them when you try to copy the grouped item along with other selected grouped items, without grouping them into one item.

Edited by TashaTight