3DXChat Community

Stuck in the tutorial

Bandan

I am new here, so maybe I am doing something wrong.

But when I go to my home the tutorial starts. But when I come to "Click here to access the menu, where you can choose a virtual partner." it points to the buttom of the screen, where the isn't any to click. I then click in left top corner "add a virtual partner" The wonderful Betty turns up, but the "Click here to access the menu, where you can choose a virtual partner." do not disappear and I can't go further in the tutorial. And next time I come back it starts again, and I am stucked the same place again.

What can I do to go further? 

Great place to spend time, by the way.

Bandan

I am new here, so maybe I am doing something wrong.

But when I go to my home the tutorial starts. But when I come to "Click here to access the menu, where you can choose a virtual partner." it points to the buttom of the screen, where the isn't any to click. I then click in left top corner "add a virtual partner" The wonderful Betty turns up, but the "Click here to access the menu, where you can choose a virtual partner." do not disappear and I can't go further in the tutorial. And next time I come back it starts again, and I am stucked the same place again.

What can I do to go further? 

Great place to spend time, by the way.

Bandan

I'm having the exact same issue.

I re-installed the client today because I was having some issues. Then it led me through the tutorial again and I get stuck in the same place, I assume it's because the layout of the tutorial has not yet been adjusted to the brand new GUI that was phased in with one of the recent updates. It seems impossible to get past this point. Any way this can be fixed or circumvented?

It's kind of annoying that I have to do the first three steps of the tutorial each time I go to my home and then get a permanent tutorial pop-up floating around that can't be closed.

Ok, I found a Way to circumvent the problem by editing the registry. ( Found it in another post here http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/1351-please-fix-the-bug-with-the-tutorial/ )

If you're using Windows 7:

1: Open Start Menu menu and type regedit

2: in the registry editor go to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/SexGameDevil/"

3: Double click on "tutorial-live_h4262489650"

4: Edit the Value Data from 0 to 1

5: Reload your apartment and presto, no more tutorial :)

Not sure if this also works this way in Win8, you may have to use find another way to open the registry editor.

Worked for me, hope it helps.

Yes, you're right. I resigned myself to doing that a while back but, frankly, it is a ridiculous way to have to resolve the problem that all new users must face. Surely, they can come up with a better way of dispensing with the tutorial.