3DXChat Community

Missing Uninstall file

Hartzfelt

Hello, 

I was having issues with game, went in registry and deleted all 3DX and Sex Devil keys. Downloaded the current game with installer from the members area. Game runs great but I have no uninstall game file in the folder, i have checked to see hidden files as well. It does not show in the control panel ,remove programs either. Is there another place I can get all  so it will show and have an uninstall file?

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/20/2023 at 8:40 PM, SerenityWillow said:

@HartzfeltThere is no need for an uninstall .exe as the new launcher just extracts the game to a folder, it doesn't actually install the game.

It also creates a folder in Documents for common settings and screenshots.

I have an issue with this. I recently reinstalled (or should I say, re-downloaded) the game. Now it creates its folders on my OneDrive storage, and not in the local Documents folder.

17 hours ago, GaborX said:

I have an issue with this. I recently reinstalled (or should I say, re-downloaded) the game. Now it creates its folders on my OneDrive storage, and not in the local Documents folder.

Disable OneDrive until it is downloaded and installed, and the reason it is expanding on your OneDrive is because you DL it to the OneDrive.

The game extracts to the folder it was DL to.

So also, when you DL the game from the members section, DL it to your Downloads folder as it is not a protected folder so you will not encounter write errors when you DL it.

Hope this helps :D 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2023 at 5:09 PM, SerenityWillow said:

Disable OneDrive until it is downloaded and installed, and the reason it is expanding on your OneDrive is because you DL it to the OneDrive.

The game extracts to the folder it was DL to.

So also, when you DL the game from the members section, DL it to your Downloads folder as it is not a protected folder so you will not encounter write errors when you DL it.

Hope this helps :D 

Yes, the problem was that for some reason, after reinstalling Windows (for unrelated reasons), the default "Documents" folder was set on my OneDrive. This has never happened before. It is changeable in the Registry Editor, but I needed some research about it. Simply disabling OneDrive didn't help as the folder named "OneDrive" would just be created locally in my personal user folder, as the path was still the same in the registry. And as soon as I re-enabled the cloud storage it would just merge with it again. Anyway, I managed to solve it. 👍

Edited by GaborX