3DXChat Community

Unable to connect server

tor

About a month ago I started getting a message 'UNABLE TO CONNECT THE SERVER".  I have been using the app for a couple years with no previous issues:(  I uninstalled and reinstalled, same result.  I thought the issue may be my pc because my pc was on it's last legs.  Had a new pc on order when this started, loaded up new pc and same issue. Uninstalled and reinstalled again today.  I have verified my log on name and password, verified that 3dxchat is not blocked by my firewall and verified that my account is not past due.  

I tried to submit a ticket via the web page, but didn't look like it was working, that or they have about 20 tickets in my name:)  I also found Eva Support on Discord and sent a message but haven't heard back yet.

I am at a loss, please help:)

~tor

Edited by tor

I have had similar lack of response from Eva and from a ticket I posted 48 hours ago.  My issue is that my login is accepted, and the first screen comes up, but then it keeps trying to load further for hours and hours. Like Eva, I have checked all the necessary checks, and I have recently renewed my subscription for the year.

16 hours ago, LiLMissSally said:

I have had similar lack of response from Eva and from a ticket I posted 48 hours ago.  My issue is that my login is accepted, and the first screen comes up, but then it keeps trying to load further for hours and hours. Like Eva, I have checked all the necessary checks, and I have recently renewed my subscription for the year.

Infinite loading screen?
I saw that quite often in the last months and it was always an account related thing. Something is corrupted and needs a reset what the support has to do.
I have read that the reason of it probably seems to be that some users use manipulated files to modify their avatar or the game itself in a way what is normaly not possible.
Not saying that you manipulated something but maybe you should reinstall your game nevertheless and wait for ticket response.

Not sure if @tor's problem is solved but there is no activity anymore i guess it as a yes.

Edited by Janet

Janet,

Sorry for the delay, life interfered with my game time:(

I performed the self test and sent the files, but they all say everything is ok.

I DID get a response from Eva, she copy/pasted the instructions from the web page. I am not a tech and did not fully understand:

3) Make sure that your ISP (Internet Service Provider), router and firewall don't block any of the following ports: 8125 (TCP protocol). 4) Add all our domain names to the trust list of your firewall and antivirus: 3dxchat.com, api.3dxchat.com, rest.3dxchat.com 5) Add our server's IP addresses to the trust list of your firewall and antivirus: 185.71.64.45 6) You can configure your network settings to use the Google Public DNS. It's not so hard to do. But remember this will affect all internet activity, not just 3DXChat.

I am not a tech and don't fully understand what she is saying.  I tried to use google to do 3,4,5 but can't find clear instructions for Win11.  I really don't understand #6 but it sounds like something I wouldn't want to mess with anyhow since I also use this pc to work from home.  Any other suggestions?

Since this is occurring on two different pc's in my home (my old one and the one I just purchased) I would assume it is something in the network but I know nothing about networks?

The fact remains, it worked fine for a couple years then stopped working one night.  Makes me think it is external.  I am busy trying to figure out if my ISP is blocking it, my router hasn't changed.

~tor

Are you 3DX staff Janet? Just curious. I have nothing to do with 3DX either...

Those are really crazy questions and suggestions to troubleshoot for any customer. If asked in that way, I would be surprised if that was legitimately a 3DXChat response. If it was? OMG!

@torOh okay. No need to sorry :).
Was just curious "if" you solved it and if yes, how :).
Did you tried VPN, too?
I also had a good connection and suddenly needed VPN for a while, but not anymore. Still no clue why.
@Casseyno i am not but @CatKatWsuggested it very often and was always right.

And the thing with the reason of corrupted avatars explained Gizmo (Dev) in a post here:

So i only combined informations, nothing more :).

Edited by Janet

Have done the self-test, and ticked all the boxes. I have not modified anything (wouldn't know how ). I have had no problems with double clothing or anything like that. I have reinstalled (again) and checked firewall etc. So I think I need a reset from support.

Where did you get the 'ticket response'?  your email? or via Discord? Eva appears not to be receiving messages from anyone until she has 'friended' them, so I don't know if my request has even got through to her.  Is there some way I can send her my discord address?

Any help you can give will be much appreciated.

Sal

3 hours ago, LiLMissSally said:

Have done the self-test, and ticked all the boxes. I have not modified anything (wouldn't know how ). I have had no problems with double clothing or anything like that. I have reinstalled (again) and checked firewall etc. So I think I need a reset from support.

Where did you get the 'ticket response'?  your email? or via Discord? Eva appears not to be receiving messages from anyone until she has 'friended' them, so I don't know if my request has even got through to her.  Is there some way I can send her my discord address?

Any help you can give will be much appreciated.

Sal

Sadly no clue, never had a ticket.

4 hours ago, SerenityWillow said:

@tor  @LiLMissSally If you are stuck at the spinning wheel it means that your avatar is corrupted.

Unfortunately, you have to submit a ticket to support to reset your avatar.

Hope this helps.

Like @SerenityWillow said, contact support and have them reset your avatar

https://3dxchat.com/support/#contact
Contact support in Discord: Eva_Support#4730

@Sal  I contacted Eva via Discord and that is where she responded. I could never get a ticket opened:(

@Janet I will try to set up a VPN when I get home from work tonight.  Thanks for the suggestion

~tor