3DXChat Community

ACTION MENU MISSING

MaraWinterdyde

Am I the only one having this issue where I will be doing something.. idk.. getting out of a post or something and the action menu disappears and I can't get it back? It's been going on for a while. I have tried all the F keys to get it back.. Shift +C is for getting your mouse cursor back if it goes missing so that doesn't work. 

Does anyone have a solution? It's REALY frustrating having to log out of the game, and then back in. 

@Gizmo

ACTION MENU MISSING.png

This definitely looks like a bug.

Hiding and showing the action menu will not help as the action menu is trying to show itself.

You can try to enter your closet and re-enter the game, that fixes some stuff.

If you still have the issue I would try a complete reinstall, but DL a new launcher from 3DX if you reinstall.

Sometimes downloads get buggered, so it may be simple as that.

Good luck to you.

1 hour ago, MistressBeryl said:

Press F1 two times? 

No. That's for if you accidentally close the camera out when you've I tensionally hidden the game GUI to take pics. I know about that trick. This is where the action menu where the dances are and where the selective pose button is and all of that has completely disappeared and the only thing you see is the penis menu to put on put off whatever. It's been happening quite a bit on my main account and I just don't know why. But it was really going crazy yesterday. I did attempt the F1 key but alas, that didn't help. 

@MaraWinterdydeIt looks like you may need to do a fresh install to fix this problem, it is very odd😯

All "Shift-Z" does is hide the interface, but the issue is the action menu is only partly showing.

Is the problem intermittent or can you recreate it easily?

If it is intermittent, it could be caused by something with your internet somewhere.

An example scenario:

You live on the hundredth block of your Neiborhood, down the street on the 130th block and a tree hit the internet wires and knocks out the internet for miles around it.

Everything may seem fine at your house but because of what happened down the street, the internet is down or very spotty.

If your connection drops any packets along the way could be your issue. That is something the average person would not even notice unless they were looking for it.

I would do a fresh install using the newest version in the members area, that way you will have a better understanding of how to approach this.

I wish you luck 😀

• 2 months later...
On 12/17/2022 at 3:54 PM, Janet said:

Probably wont work but... Shift+Z?

This fixed it. Sorry I am late to responding. I actually looked for my post just now because I JUST had the exact same issue and was wondering if anyone had responded. And you did. So I tried Shift + Z and VOILA.. problem solved. Why would they create a shortcute that is SO CLOSE to the ctrl button. Ctrl + z is undo. Up on button and you have a mess that can happen. Because I remember that I hit shift z by accident trying to undo something. 

Guess I'll have to stick to clicking on the actually undo button on the menu at the top of the screen in build mode. Thanks for you help. 

On 12/17/2022 at 5:37 PM, SerenityWillow said:

@MaraWinterdydeIt looks like you may need to do a fresh install to fix this problem, it is very odd😯

All "Shift-Z" does is hide the interface, but the issue is the action menu is only partly showing.

Is the problem intermittent or can you recreate it easily?

If it is intermittent, it could be caused by something with your internet somewhere.

An example scenario:

You live on the hundredth block of your Neiborhood, down the street on the 130th block and a tree hit the internet wires and knocks out the internet for miles around it.

Everything may seem fine at your house but because of what happened down the street, the internet is down or very spotty.

If your connection drops any packets along the way could be your issue. That is something the average person would not even notice unless they were looking for it.

I would do a fresh install using the newest version in the members area, that way you will have a better understanding of how to approach this.

I wish you luck 😀

This was actually what the issue was. I didn't realize shift+z hides the interface. 

This is what I said above:

"This fixed it. Sorry I am late to responding. I actually looked for my post just now because I JUST had the exact same issue and was wondering if anyone had responded. And you did. So I tried Shift + Z and VOILA.. problem solved. Why would they create a shortcute that is SO CLOSE to the ctrl button. Ctrl + z is undo. Up on button and you have a mess that can happen. Because I remember that I hit shift z by accident trying to undo something. 

Guess I'll have to stick to clicking on the actually undo button on the menu at the top of the screen in build mode. Thanks for you help. "

@MaraWinterdydeAlso another one that Might get you is "shift=c" This hides the mouse curser.

I figured this one out by typing my room name. lol It is very annoying especially if you don't know about it.

Also when you disable the interface with shift=z, clicking the show/hide actions button won't re enable it, you have to hit shift=z again to get it back.

But I am glad you sorted things out! :D 

Edited by SerenityWillow

21 minutes ago, MaraWinterdyde said:

This fixed it. Sorry I am late to responding. I actually looked for my post just now because I JUST had the exact same issue and was wondering if anyone had responded. And you did. So I tried Shift + Z and VOILA.. problem solved. Why would they create a shortcute that is SO CLOSE to the ctrl button. Ctrl + z is undo. Up on button and you have a mess that can happen. Because I remember that I hit shift z by accident trying to undo something. 

Guess I'll have to stick to clicking on the actually undo button on the menu at the top of the screen in build mode. Thanks for you help. 

Cool that it's fixed :). I think it would be nice when there would be an easy list to find ingame, maybe near the options anywhere. I also had weird situations. Suddenly mouse cursor gone, interface says good bye... Took me also a while to get the hang of the shortcuts and without asking people i would have never found a solution.

13 hours ago, Janet said:

Cool that it's fixed :). I think it would be nice when there would be an easy list to find ingame, maybe near the options anywhere. I also had weird situations. Suddenly mouse cursor gone, interface says good bye... Took me also a while to get the hang of the shortcuts and without asking people i would have never found a solution.

Yeah that disappearing mouse cursor thing was annoying af. That is Shift + C and it brings it back. But I think we should have an menu that we can access IN GAME as well to show us all these shortcuts. 

@Gizmo

On 9/19/2014 at 9:44 PM, Angelspit said:

7. Key Bindings

1                          Moan (works not only on sex furniture) Will also fix eye blinking bug (if occurs)

2                          Cum (active while sex)

3                          Hide/Show Penis (available for females while having FF sex)

ESC                     Menu (ESC again closes menu)

F1                        Game Settings

F5                        Spy Cam (WASD/Arrow key camera movement)

SHIFT+O             Oculus Rift mode

SHIFT+Z             Hide/Show Interface (good for taking screenshots)

SHIFT+C             Hide/Show Mouse Cursor

SHIFT+X             Background Blur, focus on character (good for screenshots)

Enter/Return       Shows Chat Box (if not visible)

On 2/19/2023 at 11:27 PM, MaraWinterdyde said:

Yeah that disappearing mouse cursor thing was annoying af. That is Shift + C and it brings it back. But I think we should have an menu that we can access IN GAME as well to show us all these shortcuts

@Gizmo

Yes, this would be helpful and convenient. Even better... add a link to this Forum. 😉 As @MissD  reveals, most questions have already been answered within its threads. Give its Search Tool a ride, get comfy with it then discover a vast library of knowledge, history, music, art and much more.