3DXChat Community

Mini PC requirement

WandaIT

Don't let yourself be discouraged!
The Intel I5-4570T Processor got an integrated GPU
 Intel® HD Graphics 4600, which is for sure good enough to handle that game.
All you have to be aware that 16GB Ram might be better for that use .. still 8GB is working not so bad.
And the Processor is a bit quicker than the I5-3340M CPU on my laptop, which already works well as backup computer for the game.
Many users here got a weaker notbook PC.

Would be interesting to know on which settings they run it on their devices and how many fps they have at the end when it runs over Intel HD.
I mean "can it run on that device" mostly ends in a yes, but will you be happy and will it fit to your desire is written on a different paper.

For me f.e i don't need 4k, i dont even need 2k but full HD is a must on max settings in every game i play. Working well would also mean for me i do not drop under 60fps in any case. But that's the definition of "well" for me. Others would see that completly different 🙂

Edited by Janet

well, to be honest: do you really need more than 60 frames per second?
Old movies were just 25 fps and still were to look at comfortly.
But a main thing when using a CPU-integrated graphic processor is the amount of Main Memory, as the GPU got no own Memory and  so the main memory is shared with the GPU.
So 8GB more than the normal 8 GB doesn't cost the world but makes it a lot better.

For me it's fully fine too. I just would like to avoid a disappointed feeling because in my opinion everybody has to say it on their own if something fits good for their needs or not :)
Not that this person wanna run it with 4k and max settings and thinks that it runs on 144fps (just a crazy example).
It's all right what you say in general:)

and yes ... I set down the fps-limit  to 30, but as you see there are still all shadows and reflections on.
If you switch these off (doesnt really make much differences in party rooms) you would even win a lot of performance.
And: the request was a working machine, not a super gaming computer.

2022-12-12 at 22-48-50.png

On 12/12/2022 at 4:33 PM, Paulinus said:

Don't let yourself be discouraged!
The Intel I5-4570T Processor got an integrated GPU
 Intel® HD Graphics 4600, which is for sure good enough to handle that game.
All you have to be aware that 16GB Ram might be better for that use .. still 8GB is working not so bad.
And the Processor is a bit quicker than the I5-3340M CPU on my laptop, which already works well as backup computer for the game.
Many users here got a weaker notbook PC.

So i've ordered this Lenovo M93p...i will tell you how it will work on 3dxchat.

In case i will update it with 16GB Ram...

It cost  137 buks, if it will work i have back my money in 137/30=4,6 month, compared to Shadow machine (that is work very well, or in two yeat if i go with parallel destop (that is not so pretty solution for 3dxchat, because of visualization errors.

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2022 at 9:24 PM, WandaIT said:

So i've ordered this Lenovo M93p...i will tell you how it will work on 3dxchat.

In case i will update it with 16GB Ram...

It cost  137 buks, if it will work i have back my money in 137/30=4,6 month, compared to Shadow machine (that is work very well, or in two yeat if i go with parallel destop (that is not so pretty solution for 3dxchat, because of visualization errors.

Did it work like expected?
I guess you found a solution but i am nevertheless curious because you wanted to give feedback :).

On 1/16/2023 at 6:43 AM, Janet said:

Did it work like expected?
I guess you found a solution but i am nevertheless curious because you wanted to give feedback :).

No, unfortunately it didn't work ...

With 8GB Ram the game will run, but all camera or avi movement are slow and snappy.

With 16GB Ram the the improvement is at the limit of the perceptible.

The setting was setted to minimum.

I suppose that without a dedicated video card the game didn't run smootly.

Will send back the pc and continue to play in Shadow..... 

Edited by WandaIT

Damn, that's sorry to hear.
Exactly that i wanted to avoid.😕
Hope you can send all back without having any troubles and you get your money back easy.
Maybe this experiment has at least something good for people which wanna buy a similar system in future to see if it's worth or not.
Thanks for sharing the end result.

@GizmoMaybe it would be good that you would make a slight list which hardware requirement are recommended for which settings so people can better search for their wish system and don't need to guess.
I mean https://3dxchat.com/support/#system exists but that literaly says nothing when it comes to system building.
Nothing is more frusttrating when you think you find something good and get disappointed.

Edited by Janet

25 minutes ago, Janet said:

Damn, that's sorry to hear.
Exactly that i wanted to avoid.😕
Hope you can send all back without having any troubles and you get your money back easy.
Maybe this experiment has at least something good for people which wanna buy a similar system in future to see if it's worth or not.
Thanks for sharing the end result.

@GizmoMaybe it would be good that you would make a slight list which hardware requirement are recommended for which settings so people can better search for their wish system and don't need to guess.
I mean https://3dxchat.com/support/#system exists but that literaly says nothing when it comes to system building.
Nothing is more frusttrating when you think you find something good and get disappointed.

Thanks for your word @Janet!

No issue with Amazon return...

My best wishes is to have a Imac M1 and M2 game compatibile... but i know there is some tech issue on that....

• 1 month later...
On 12/11/2022 at 2:02 AM, WandaIT said:

Hello all,

i'm a Mac user and now playing on Shadow virtual machine, but it cost a lot!

I'd mind do buy a Mini PC to play the game, does it config meet 3Dxchat requirement?

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B07YZK13X5/ref=ewc_sw?smid=&psc=1

• LENOVO M93p TINY
  • CPU INTEL CORE I5 4570T 2.90GHZ
  • RAM 8 GB
  • HDD 240GB SSD

Thanks for any help,

Wanda

Something you may want to consider is running windows on your mac using boot camp.

Boot camp runs windows in a virtual machine and has access to your native mac system resources.

This way you can dual boot windows and mac. Any mac users out there know if it will work or not, please elaborate for us and correct me if I am wrong.

I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but in case you were wondering what dual boot means is, you can choose which OS to boot to at start up, mac or windows.

1 hour ago, WandaIT said:

I'll think about this...but M1 processor don't allow to install any Windows version...

Shadow at the moment offer the best solution...at high cost, but...that is!

Man, that sucks, you are stuck with getting a windows pc. The biggest thing you need to worry about is your graphics card, 8Gb of ram will run it ok if you have a decent vid card.

Just keep in mind it doesn't need to be a GeForce type of card either. I was using a GTX750 and ran the game fine, and it was designed for desktops not a game adapter. And this adapter only had 4GB of VRAM.

Just need to do your research. Here is the system Requirements:

System Requirements

MINIMUM:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i3 or AMD Phenom II X4 processor or better
Graphics: Video card must be 2 GB or more and should be a DirectX 11-compatible with support for Pixel Shader 5.0
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 10 GB available space

Netbooks and old laptops are not supported!