3DXChat Community

Transferring Xgold to others

SerenityWillow

I'm suprised your still going on Twiggy.

I know it may seem like I'm picking on you, I'm not. Nothing personal at all. A good debate I's a good debate, but in this particular one you are completely wrong.

You sound like Meiling who claimed the 3DX world would end if it went 64 and stopped 32 support. She is still here as you see.

Your arguement simply doesn't work. Red Hearing and Straw Man.

You assume an unending pool of gold trading/sale that aren't absorbed through, "room boosting, marriage/gifting, gifting, silly beer buying. 

You assume there is a significant number who come out of "retirement" to make under $50 US for a shitload of effort. That is just a silly assumption. 

I honestly don't know why you continue.  The benefits far outweigh the boogeyman in your closet.

Is it possible since you are no longer a subscriber you have another agenda?

Edited by xTHXx

12 minutes ago, xTHXx said:

I'm suprised your still going on Twiggy.

I know it may seem like I'm picking on you, I'm not.

You sound like Meiling who claimed the 3DX world would end if it went 64 and stopped 32 support. She is still here as you see.

Your arguement simply doesn't work. 

You assume an unending pool of gold trading/sale that aren't absorbed through, "room boosting, marriage/gifting, gifting, silly beer buying. 

You assume there is a significant number who come out of "retirement" to make under $50 US for a shitload of effort. That is just a silly assumption. 

I honestly don't know why you continue.  The benefits far outweigh the boogeyman in your closet.

Is it possible since you are no longer a subscriber you have another agenda?

Lol, "a shit load of work" I have seen exaggerations in this forum before but that one takes the cake.

Edited by Twiggy

8 minutes ago, Twiggy said:

Lol, "a shit load of work" I have seen exaggerations in this forum before but that one takes the cake.

As I said, not being mean. but it is a shitload of work to make so little over so many years,  for something you can't cash out like in paid worlds.

I say, let them pay a new subscription to sell. They may get new subscribers for it from those with renewed interest..

Good morning @all, i don't wanna disturb this kind of talk but when i would have known earlier that the high quality content is for free on this plattform i wouldn't have made myself an ingame subscritpion.
But there i know that free content also costs time/ love and sometimes money too, i would feel so bad not to say thank you to all which are part of that.

So thank you putting all this effort in this topic to let me drink my wake up coffee with a big smile!
I hope you will keep up all of this hard work, i stay tuned for further updates!
You all are awsome!💖

Edited by Janet

4 hours ago, xTHXx said:

As I said, not being mean. but it is a shitload of work to make so little over so many years,  for something you can't cash out like in paid worlds.

I say, let them pay a new subscription to sell. They may get new subscribers for it from those with renewed interest..

Oh I see, you haven't listened when I said it doesn't matter to me and likely lots of others that it took years to get that 100k together. 

Unlike you I don't think everyone thinks like me, I understand that some will look at it like you and think it took so long to get it and paid for with subscriptions. But some will also think like me that I paid to play and the 300xgold each day was free and is pretty much useless. See like others I never bothered with getting married or divorced or pretty much anything that people used xgold for, spent very little of what I got and never once paid for any. Plus I no longer play and have no use for it at all. So your shitload of work theory to me and I would say a lot others is void. The work I would look at to being worth the effort or not would be having to pay for a months sub, going in and transferring it over and getting paid for it, a few minutes worth. Yes not everyone will see it that way but you can't possibly think no one else would, the question is not will people, it is how many will. From both people who no longer play and people who do.

If I was in the game and it came in with no restrictions and was tight on money in real life, I would likely look at ways I could earn xgold from others to be able to sell it to the buyers. It is my opinion that because it will be so much easier to do people will start offering xgold for dancers and strippers to perform in their rooms and things like that where people can earn xgold from others in the game using it to get numbers in their rooms.

There is a big difference between having to buy someone xgold bundles the way it is now and just typing an amount and click and it's done. If someone wanted to employ 10 dancers for instance and pay each of them, think about how that could be done now to how it could be done if transfers come in. Then also think about how it will effect peoples thinking on doing that sort of thing if people are willing to buy the xgold you make with real money.

Edited to add,

I remember chatting with Gizmo in game once, I think it was the 3rd birthday for the game, he use to attend those parties then. I had been pushing for xgold transfers to be brought back in and asked him why he stopped it, it was actually in the once for a short time. He said because he wants countries where even just $20US is a lot of money to be able to play. You need to think about what he meant by that.

Edited by Twiggy

I am puzzled why Twiggy is even debating this as she does not play by her own admission.

You remind me of someone that complains about elections but never votes.

And I also find it odd she is the only one in this thread that is saying how bad of an idea it is.

What she is suggesting, in my opinion, would not happen.

Second Life has been around for about 20 years, they incorporated the Linden currency and economy once the editing capabilities were introduced in the game.

Their currency has always been able to convert to real life currency in all countries that have access to the game.

There are people that sell sex, have strip clubs and brothels, some only allowed by cover charge which is handled as a group membership.

You can transfer Lindens avatar to avatar.

Not in all the years SL has been in existence has anyone ever tried to exploit the currency as you are, explaining of why it is so bad.

Any gold that is used by anyone was at one time paid for in full to the game devs so to use the argument that the devs would loose money is not sensible as well, as giving someone 300 gold or buying them a gift is the same thing.

Still waiting to hear from you Gizmo 

15 minutes ago, SerenityWillow said:

I am puzzled why Twiggy is even debating this as she does not play by her own admission.

You remind me of someone that complains about elections but never votes.

And I also find it odd she is the only one in this thread that is saying how bad of an idea it is.

What she is suggesting, in my opinion, would not happen.

Second Life has been around for about 20 years, they incorporated the Linden currency and economy once the editing capabilities were introduced in the game.

Their currency has always been able to convert to real life currency in all countries that have access to the game.

There are people that sell sex, have strip clubs and brothels, some only allowed by cover charge which is handled as a group membership.

You can transfer Lindens avatar to avatar.

Not in all the years SL has been in existence has anyone ever tried to exploit the currency as you are, explaining of why it is so bad.

Any gold that is used by anyone was at one time paid for in full to the game devs so to use the argument that the devs would loose money is not sensible as well, as giving someone 300 gold or buying them a gift is the same thing.

Still waiting to hear from you Gizmo 

The more I read from Twiggy the more I come to the conclusion she is more interested in herself and how she has no use for XGold as she self admitted she isn't  part of 3DX anymore. 

It's obvious she isn't interested in what such a feature could add to the 3DX experience because why would anyone if you aren't in 3DX anymore.

It seems more of an agenda to thwart development if anything with false flags, and Boogymen.

Edited by xTHXx

12 hours ago, Twiggy said:

Edited to add,

I remember chatting with Gizmo in game once, I think it was the 3rd birthday for the game, he use to attend those parties then. I had been pushing for xgold transfers to be brought back in and asked him why he stopped it, it was actually in the once for a short time. He said because he wants countries where even just $20US is a lot of money to be able to play. You need to think about what he meant by that.

I fail to understand what relevance XGold transfer has on subscription price in 'countries $20 is a lot of money' cause it doesn't. Those are two completely different things and one requires the other. I don't think he understood your question, or you his reply. Room boosting which is a huge new source of company revenue, and direct XGold purchasing to others pretty much negates that doesn't it?

Your assumptions of:

1. A rush of people who are no longer subscribers, coming back, resubscribing to sell their Xgold, create external selling accounts  of Xgold - and that it would be detrimental, is nothing more than an assumption and silly. We already know it goes on in two other worlds without Ill effect. 

2. You assume something that works elsewhere can't in 3DX.  (Where did you even get this idea from?)

3. You assume, this return of former subscribers are simply returning to be able to sell their XGold. 

4. You assume, those returning subscribers aren't returning because it's an interesting new aspect to the game like they were used to in paid worlds.

5. You assume, this new influx of returning subscribers aren't returning because they WANT to use their XGold in 3DX themselves.

I can go on, but that is plenty enough.

Edited by xTHXx

I see no problem with it. It would be a nice change for some roleplay rooms and individuals. 

I could finally get people to pay their bar tabs. 🤣

"Yo Twiggy. You owe me 5 xgold from 2016 for that Tequila sunrise I served ya in night club. Don't think I didn't forget! This is the real reason you have not logged in in 4 years. I know your tricks. 😅

7 hours ago, xTHXx said:

I fail to understand what relevance XGold transfer has on subscription price in 'countries $20 is a lot of money' cause it doesn't. Those are two completely different things and one requires the other. I don't think he understood your question, or you his reply. Room boosting which is a huge new source of company revenue, and direct XGold purchasing to others pretty much negates that doesn't it?

Your assumptions of:

1. A rush of people who are no longer subscribers, coming back, resubscribing to sell their Xgold, create external selling accounts  of Xgold - and that it would be detrimental, is nothing more than an assumption and silly. We already know it goes on in two other worlds without Ill effect. 

2. You assume something that works elsewhere can't in 3DX.  (Where did you even get this idea from?)

3. You assume, this return of former subscribers are simply returning to be able to sell their XGold. 

4. You assume, those returning subscribers aren't returning because it's an interesting new aspect to the game like they were used to in paid worlds.

5. You assume, this new influx of returning subscribers aren't returning because they WANT to use their XGold in 3DX themselves.

I can go on, but that is plenty enough.

THX and THX Builder, what a coincidence, especially as both of you can't see past the end of your nose.

I have already pointed out the difference between 3DXChat and those 2 other worlds but I will do it again as you keep bringing it up. They set it up with currency transfer and a buyback system from the start, or not long after, 3DXChat has operated for 10 years only selling and giving away its currency without a transfer system or buyback system. The reason it works in those other games and the way make money is because it has a buyback system where they buyback at a cheaper price than they sell for. 

I can't be sure about what Gizmo meant buy what he said but I took it as if he adds currency transfer it will mean that countries where their currency is worth little towards others, like where he comes from, Russia. Will be at a disadvantage. 

I have heard from lots of people that 3DXChat has a lot more players from countries all over the world than any other game, including Russia. I even remember people saying that the other games, even though you can play free end up costing lots more because you have to buy everything in the game and that cashed up people have a definite advantage. 

Do you really think that if 3DXChat offers to buyback xgold that there won't be heaps of people looking to sell it back to them, how silly are you. It wouldn't only be people who don't play anymore there would also be lots of people in the game do it.

As far as what you seem to feel I assume, where have I said anything like all returning players would only be looking to go back in just to sell their xgold, that is an assumption you have made or more trying to put words into my mouth because I have not said or thought anything of the sort. What I have said is if 3DXChat offers to buy back xgold there would be lots of players like me who don't play anymore but have heaps of xgold, would look to go back in and make a quick easy buck. Not once have I said all the those players would or all players going back into the game would look to do so. I don't think like you, I don't think everyone thinks the same.

Now again I will say........

I would not be against them adding currency transfer and use to push for it myself when I played. But it is not as simple just adding in a transfer system in the game with no restrictions or allowing for what can happen. There is a lot more to be sorted out than people like THX seem to think. If done wrong could cause some real problems for the game and the devs.

THX can try to make it sound simple all he wants, I know from previous experience that the devs most definately do not think that way.

6 hours ago, Nymphpott said:

I see no problem with it. It would be a nice change for some roleplay rooms and individuals. 

"Yo Twiggy. You owe me 5 xgold from 2016 for that Tequila sunrise I served ya in night club. Don't think I didn't forget! This is the real reason you have not logged in in 4 years. I know your tricks. 😅

Hey Nymphpott :) If I remember right you finally got your pigtails, I would like to think I helped you with that. So can we call it even and drop that 5xgold I owe you. Oh, and it was 2014 not 2016. Judd said to say Hi and that he remembers you and having fun with you behind that bar to.

7 hours ago, Nymphpott said:

6 hours ago, Paulinus said:

that would open a new dimension for Aperol with champagne 😄

Everything what makes RP more enjoyable is very appreciated💖😆

I wish we could have a poll of people who have actual experience of RLC rays and what that subset of people think about having it in 3dx. Having spent 5+ years on RLC and then 5+ years here, the day gold transfers are allowed in the game is the day I quit.

1 hour ago, Dragracer said:

I wish we could have a poll of people who have actual experience of RLC rays and what that subset of people think about having it in 3dx. Having spent 5+ years on RLC and then 5+ years here, the day gold transfers are allowed in the game is the day I quit.

Well, in discord they opened a suggestion corner where people can vote, i am sure you will find this suggestion also :)

Edit: I just wish they take the best ones and make a better sorted poll, because the suggestion corner is a whole mess already🙂

Edited by Janet

Twiggy Twiggy Twiggy, there you go complaining about the elections and never voting.

Why are you the only one making such a stand against this.

Every suggestion anyone suggest, you have a whole host of silly "they will do this" arguments against it.

I am beginning to agree with THX Builder that you have some sort of agenda here.

You mention assumptions, every statement you made is an assumption.

Please explain to me how buying a gift for someone is not the same as giving them 300 Xgold?

I don't see a black market anywhere to exchange gifts at a cheaper cost like you are suggesting would happen.

Your argument still holds no water for me.

And you still have not explained how someone can sell an account to someone.

I don't think it could happen as everything in the game goes through 3DXChat.

9 hours ago, SerenityWillow said:

Twiggy Twiggy Twiggy, there you go complaining about the elections and never voting.

Why are you the only one making such a stand against this.

Every suggestion anyone suggest, you have a whole host of silly "they will do this" arguments against it.

I am beginning to agree with THX Builder that you have some sort of agenda here.

You mention assumptions, every statement you made is an assumption.

Please explain to me how buying a gift for someone is not the same as giving them 300 Xgold?

I don't see a black market anywhere to exchange gifts at a cheaper cost like you are suggesting would happen.

Your argument still holds no water for me.

And you still have not explained how someone can sell an account to someone.

I don't think it could happen as everything in the game goes through 3DXChat.

And now I am having to explain things to a person that isn't even willing to take the time to work out how easy an account can be handed across to someone else.

Step one, get an email from the buyer and change the email in the account to that email.

Step 2, send the password to the buyer.

The account is now theirs.

The difference between giving a gift and 300xgold if currency transfer is added is also easy to work out if you thought about it for just a few minutes.

1. Gifts can only be purchased from 3DXChat and are not exchangeable after received, once purchased it is not worth anything. If currency transfer is added xgold would be able to be transferred to someone else again and can be used to buy other things where gifts cannot. It opens the door lots of things being paid for with xgold easily without having to do a real money transaction every time. As it is now the only way you can give someone xgold is by purchasing it with a real money transaction from 3DXChat. 

If 3DXChat did not offer a buyback system when they add xgold transfer players in the game will set up to offer to buy and sell xgold. I know one person who I believe is still in the game that use to brag about making money from buying and selling the in game currency in another game, he has always said if 3DXChat adds currency transfer the 1st thing he will do is make a website and start doing the same in 3DX. So it is not really an assumption, it is a likelihood that if 3DXChat does not offer a buyback system when they add currency transfer then people in the game will start buying it and selling it for real money. Put it this way, I have over 100k xgold, I know people still in the game that often buy xgold who know they can trust me. I offer them my xgold at a cheaper price than 3DXChat sells it for, do you really think no one would take up the offer or other people in my position wouldn't look to do the same. There are lots of people in the game that think xgold is useless and have over the years accumulated lots of it. Do you really think that if given an opportunity to sell some of it for real money that no one will do so. My opinion is it is not a question of if but how many. Again it is not just an assumption, it is a likelihood.

I am not making a stand against anything and have even said that I am not against adding currency transfer multiple times in this thread. I have also said multiple times that what I am trying to point out is it is not as easy to add as people think. 

I could go on about a lot of different things that have come up in previous threads about this subject, things that the devs would have to look at seriously before they add xgold transfers, but I will just say this. Yes there is a lot of things that would be good to have in the game that xgold transfers would produce, but with the positives there are also negatives, especially if it was just added with no restrictions and no considerations on the negatives it can and is likely to produce.

5 hours ago, Twiggy said:

There are lots of people in the game that think xgold is useless and have over the years accumulated lots of it. (...) My opinion is it is not a question of if but how many.

I understand your reasoning but... XGold is indeed pretty useless, unless for a very few things... so I don't see too many people wanting too buy it openly and wildly as you suggest.

My only concern about having the possibility of transferring XGold is to increase the greed for payments for sex (we have already some in terms of gifts but not worrysome)

2 hours ago, CatKatW said:

I understand your reasoning but... XGold is indeed pretty useless, unless for a very few things... so I don't see too many people wanting too buy it openly and wildly as you suggest.

My only concern about having the possibility of transferring XGold is to increase the greed for payments for sex (we have already some in terms of gifts but not worrysome)

Currently Xgold doesn't has much weight at all and to be honest, i am personally not sad about it.

Edit:

And i also think it is the best decision to let it like that. Add some useless stuff where you can spend your xgold. what ever it is (Customize your name visually was a nice idea, maybe a bit expensive but people can turn it off when it bugs them and people who enjoy it have fun, nice idea.)

Edit2: Or maybe different Interface Layouts...

Edited by Janet

Everything can happen in 3dx and xgold transfer as well. Devs asked about it in discord. The more people want it, the more chance to get it. Open topics, disscuss about that, talk in discord. Most of virtual worlds have that. And this is personal choice of everyone how to use that. 

7 hours ago, Janet said:

Currently Xgold doesn't has much weight at all and to be honest, i am personally not sad about it.

Edit:

And i also think it is the best decision to let it like that. Add some useless stuff where you can spend your xgold. what ever it is (Customize your name visually was a nice idea, maybe a bit expensive but people can turn it off when it bugs them and people who enjoy it have fun, nice idea.)

Edit2: Or maybe different Interface Layouts...

Possibilities are limitless for them.

They could open:

a Casino, Bingo, add the ability to add images to props and "rent" a few megs storage space for XGold (doubt they would ever offer that feature for free),  offer a video plug-in, offer comercial free streams, etc.

*If I was them I'd do a Casino for sure with or without XGold transfers.

*Added And with XGold transfers anyone who had an XGold gambling addiction could pay an Xgold gambling counselor for treatement at my new facility:

XGold Anonymous and Orgy Fuckery. "Where Treatment is Fucking Good."

Edited by xTHXx