3DXChat Community

Transferring Xgold to others

SerenityWillow

It would be nice to be able to give Xgold to others directly instead of buying it for them.

I would really hate it, if the only reason it is setup like it is , is for them to make money off members.

Because sometimes you want to only give maybe 20 Xgold to someone and dnt want to spend $9.99 or what ever it is for it.

Or at the minimum make the purchase adjustable for the buyer, i.e. a box to determine the amount you want to buy.

I dont like this idea other sex games do this and it turned into where players would charge a fee  for sex like say they charge 600 gold for sex per pose  and friend adds. So not only you would be paying your membership but you'd probably have to pay someone gold just for sex. It would kill the game if this happened cause who would play if they had to pay for sex in game.

25 minutes ago, wolvie44 said:

I dont like this idea other sex games do this and it turned into where players would charge a fee  for sex like say they charge 600 gold for sex per pose  and friend adds. So not only you would be paying your membership but you'd probably have to pay someone gold just for sex. It would kill the game if this happened cause who would play if they had to pay for sex in game.

I had to re-read this again to make sure I didn't miss anything. 

This suggestion doesn't change anything in 3DX that isn't already there. The ability to buy other users gold was implemented quite some time ago, this suggestion differs in that it uses your own gold from what you have accumulated from logins or whatever.

@wolvie44I understand your point of view. But from my experience it would go out of fashion quickly for people and there would be no market in it and people would not be in the business of doing it. And I personally think that a lot more people would not be doing it anyway. 

@TwiggyAnd to your point, the Xgold is controlled by the game devs, for one to sell it on the net, they would have to go through them to do so.

I just think it would be cool to go to some club and see a hot girl dancing and be able to tip her 20-50 Xgold without having to buy her $9.99 worth.

On 12/9/2022 at 12:21 AM, Twiggy said:

It will never happen, people would start offering real money for gold and then sell it on the net at a cheaper price than 3DX sells it for.

how much will the money that can literally do nothing but buying  pictures, beers, gallery and boost the room worth anyway? we don't even have market, so xgolds are literally... worthless for somehow  reason and won't change until devs find a better use for it

It's funny. I also think that never will happen but the double moral is real when the devs wanna have player opinion about that on discord. When you don't wanna add it, then don't ask for player oppinion. It's clearly seeable that the most wanna have it. Gold Transfer means i give some of my gold to others, not that i have to buy it in store for someone else like you added it.
I mean, i don't care at all about Xgold anyway but that made my day!  You could at least delete that poll to avoid false hopes!

Screenshot_2.jpg

Edited by Janet

4 hours ago, Lunarelf said:

how much will the money that can literally do nothing but buying  pictures, beers, gallery and boost the room worth anyway? we don't even have market, so xgolds are literally... worthless for somehow  reason and won't change until devs find a better use for it

If you have it so any decent amount of gold can be transferred to another player then there will be lots you can do with gold. People will setup things in the game to earn gold like brothels and such. People like DJs and builders will start asking for payment, not all but some will. Then you will have people in the game buying gold from players who have found a way to make it and then selling it to others. People in the game will create new uses for gold and the game will change. Some changes will be for the better and others won't.

For it to work there would need to be restrictions and 3DX would likely need to offer a buyback system.

4 hours ago, SerenityWillow said:

@wolvie44I understand your point of view. But from my experience it would go out of fashion quickly for people and there would be no market in it and people would not be in the business of doing it. And I personally think that a lot more people would not be doing it anyway. 

@TwiggyAnd to your point, the Xgold is controlled by the game devs, for one to sell it on the net, they would have to go through them to do so.

I just think it would be cool to go to some club and see a hot girl dancing and be able to tip her 20-50 Xgold without having to buy her $9.99 worth.

I agree with you that it would be great if people could be tipped in the game, I actually use to push for that in this forum. What I have said is what was pointed out to me in those threads where I tried to push for tipping. 

If 3DX makes it so you can transfer gold to another player then they will no longer have that control over the Gold in the game. If a player can transfer gold in the game then they can sell it. When someone pays real money for it then all they have to do is transfer it in the game. Even if there was caps put on the amount they would just do multiple transfers. 

It is not just a matter of making it so a player can transfer gold to any other player, far from it. It needs to be well worked out so it doesn't get abused.

Unrestricted xgold exchange will lead to an unofficial xgold market which will reduce the amount of money devs earning by selling xgold, because people who have stacked dozens or even hundreds of thousands xgold can sell it cheaper than official price. Yes its risky, yes it might be bannable - and it will stop some people, but not all. Look at World of Warcraft or any other big MMORPG where you can transfer currency. People trade it.

I see two options which could probably make it work though:

First, devs could turn off daily xgold earning. And its a terrible solution, because it basically means that new player have to pay for gallery and anything else from their pocket, basically forcing people to pay on top of their subscription. I hope it will never come to this. And old-time players still can sell tons of xgold some of them have. 

Second option, devs could limit the amount of xgold that person can transfer per day. For example - only letting people to transfer 1.000 xgold per day. It will be enough for tipping and roleplay purposes, but it will not be enough to trade xgold. It would be very inconvenient for people to sell xgold in such a little portions, especially if selling xgold for real money will be bannable offence and because of it more risky. 

2 hours ago, Xizi said:

Second option, devs could limit the amount of xgold that person can transfer per day. For example - only letting people to transfer 1.000 xgold per day. It will be enough for tipping and roleplay purposes, but it will not be enough to trade xgold. It would be very inconvenient for people to sell xgold in such a little portions, especially if selling xgold for real money will be bannable offence and because of it more risky. 

I actually suggested that once, I think I said 3k a day. But someone pointed out that people could setup an account just to get gold and sell the account with heaps of gold. For example:

A player creates an account and gets say 3 prostitutes to work for him. Each one gives him 1k a day for 30 days. He pays them at the end of the month for the 30k. Thats 90k in his account. He sells that account with the 90k in it. Not as bad as having no restrictions but could still be abused. Especially if the game goes in the direction where having Gold is an advantage, which it likely would.

From memory I suggested also putting a limit on how much each person could receive each day, but someone also pointed out there was also something wrong with that, I can't remember what that was though.

Looking at the prices of things now, if you could even just give 500 gold a day to another player then people could recommend a friend, get a month free on their main account and get a second account for a month with 10k gold for $9. They could do that every month and transfer the 10k to their main account.

As I said there are a lot of things they would have to look in to.

Plus now I understand why so many assholes had multiple accounts.

Edited by Twiggy

🇫🇷 Je suis sur RLC depuis 2010. La monnaie virtuelle là bas est le rayon. Sur cette plateforme, il y a une place de marché.
Vous pouvez :
- Acheter des rayons avec de l'argent réel. Si mes souvenirs sont bons : 20$ = 250 rayons.
- Acheter un VIP mensuel (Abonnement) avec les rayons. Ainsi vous avez accès à toutes les options de la plateforme (magasin de vêtement, pm, place de marché, sexe etc)
- Transférer de l'argent virtuel aux joueurs. La somme que vous voulez. Sans restriction.
- Vous pouvez offrir des cadeaux à des gens, qui seront visibles sur leur profile (comme dans 3DXChat)
- Vous pouvez offrir en plus des cadeaux, un cadeau physique comme une tenue. Cela peut se faire de deux façons. Ou en offrant un cadeau et vous ajoutez une tenue, ou alors en allant dans la liste de souhaits du magasins et l'acheter directement pour la personne, à qui vous souhaitez l'offrir.
- Vous pouvez donc, acheter des objets dans la plateforme. (Maisons, objets personnalisé pour la décoration de vos pièces)
- Vous pouvez payer votre mariage / Divorce
- Donner des pourboires dans une soirée. Jusqu'à présent cela n'est pas obligatoire. Si un DJ ou quelqu'un viendrait à bloquer des gens parce qu'ils ne donnaient pas de pourboire, il se retrouverait avec peu de monde en soirée. Cela pourrait être une contraire, car dans cette plateforme, on gagne très très peu de rayons par jour. (Mions de 5 rayons par jour.)
- Vous pouvez être prostitué et faire payer vos prestations. (Comme dans la vie réelle). Et là bas, il n'y a pas de proxénètes. (En tout cas je n'en ait jamais rencontré.) C'est une pratique libre. Les gens préfèrent gagner leur argent, plutôt que d'être sous la coupe de quelqu'un et de devoir lui donner une commission.
A noter que : mettre un vêtement en vente dans le magasin, transférer un vêtement à quelqu'un, transférer une propriété (une mise en page pour une pièce), à quelqu'un, coûte environ 20 rayons, reversé directement à la plateforme. C'est leur commission.
Tout cela est devenu habituel et n'empêche pas la plateforme de fonctionner correctement.

Dans le cadre de 3DXChat, la seule possibilité de transfert d'argent serait pas mal.
- Si vous voulez donner un pourboire
- Si vous voulez partager les frais de mariage et/ou de divorce
- Si vous désirez quitter la plateforme et ne pas perdre tous les XGold, vous les offrez à des amis. (Beaucoup le font sur RLC)
- Si vous voulez être prostitué et faire payer vos prestations. (Je rappel qu'il y en a qui le font déjà sous forme de payer une fente pour la galerie d'images, ou en acceptant des cadeaux en retour sur les profiles. Donc si vous allez offrir une fente sur la galerie de quelqu'un pour une fellation, imaginez 25000 XGold, voir plus, (car plus vous ajoutez de fentes), plus ça coute cher, ça fait cher la pipe!
- Si vous voulez offrir une customisation de nom à quelqu'un.
Comme il n'y a pas de place de marché, que vous ne pouvez rien faire d'autres avec les XGolds, cela s'arrêterait là. Vous ne pouvez pas payer un abonnement avec des XGold à quelqu'un. Vous n'avez pas de magasin pour offrir des vêtements. Ceux-ci étant gratuits.
Tout cela, sans avoir à acheter des XGolds avec de l'argent réel.
En conclusion, à mon avis, cela n'aurait pas un si gros impacte dans la plateforme. Cela mettrait juste un peu plus de réalisme.

🇺🇸 I've been on RLC since 2010. The virtual currency there is the ray. On this platform, there is a marketplace.
You can:
- Buy rays with real money. If I remember correctly: 20$ = 250 rays.
- Buy a monthly VIP (Subscription) with rays. This way you have access to all the options of the platform (clothing store, pm, marketplace, sex etc)
- Transfer virtual money to players. Any amount you want. No restrictions.
- You can offer gifts to people, which will be visible on their profile (like in 3DXChat)
- In addition to gifts, you can offer a physical gift such as an outfit. This can be done in two ways. Either by offering a gift and adding an outfit, or by going to the store's wishlist and buying it directly for the person, to whom you want to offer it.
- You can buy objects in the platform (houses, personalized objects for the decoration of your rooms)
- You can pay for your wedding / Divorce
- Give tips in a party. Until now this is not mandatory. If a DJ or someone would block people because they did not tip, he would end up with few people at the party. This could be an opposite, because in this platform, we earn very very few rays per day. (Less than 5 rays per day.)
- You can be a prostitute and charge for your services. (Like in real life). And there, there are no pimps. (At least I have never met one.) It is a free practice. People prefer to earn their own money, rather than being under someone's thumb and having to give them a commission.
Note that: putting a garment on sale in the store, transferring a garment to someone, transferring a property (a layout for a piece), to someone, costs about 20 rays, paid directly to the platform. This is their commission.
All this has become usual and does not prevent the platform from working properly.

In the context of 3DXChat, the only possibility to transfer money would be not bad.
- If you want to give a tip
- If you want to share wedding and/or divorce expenses
- If you want to leave the platform and not lose all the XGold, you offer it to friends (many do it on RLC)
- If you want to be a prostitute and charge for your services. (I remind you that there are some who already do this in the form of paying a slot for the image gallery, or accepting gifts in return on the profiles. So if you're going to offer a slot on someone's gallery for a blowjob, imagine 25000 XGold, or more, (because the more slots you add), the more it costs, it's expensive!
- If you want to offer a name customization to someone.
As there is no marketplace, you can't do anything else with XGolds, it would stop there. You can't pay a subscription with XGolds to someone. You don't have a store to offer clothes. These are free.
All this, without having to buy XGolds with real money.
In conclusion, in my opinion, this would not have such a big impact on the platform. It would just put some more realism.

Edited by Khallum Troy

@Khallum Troy I'm a little confused with the currency you mentioned that RLC uses, you said they use ray but then speak about spokes. Is spoke another name for ray or is ray like so many spokes? Not meaning to be picky, just want to know. Does RLC have a buy back system, like buying back spokes for a bit less than they sell them for? I know people make real money in RLC, just want to know how they do. 

From what I understand they don't have brothels in RLC like people set up in 3DX, if so then wouldn't it be more likely that 3DX could end up with pimps than RLC. Which is really not the problem but just thought I would mention it.

I have only had a brief look at RLC a long time ago and spoken with different people who went there often. One thing that was mentioned often is that RLC is no where near as competitive as 3DX. Where I see possible problems is people creating things in the game where xgold starts to get used to pay for things, brothels are just one example. Other things would be ways people would come up with to make their room more popular and get to the top of the list. I think you would find people finding lots of ways to make xgold in the game, some would likely even offer it just to keep you in their rooms, like maybe competitions where xgold is a prize or just paying people to dance. That was a concern that was brought up before when I use to try getting currency exchange added. If it does go that way you will then have people finding ways to buy and sell it.

8 hours ago, Twiggy said:

@Khallum Troy I'm a little confused with the currency you mentioned that RLC uses, you said they use ray but then speak about spokes. Is spoke another name for ray or is ray like so many spokes? Not meaning to be picky, just want to know. Does RLC have a buy back system, like buying back spokes for a bit less than they sell them for? I know people make real money in RLC, just want to know how they do. 

From what I understand they don't have brothels in RLC like people set up in 3DX, if so then wouldn't it be more likely that 3DX could end up with pimps than RLC. Which is really not the problem but just thought I would mention it.

I have only had a brief look at RLC a long time ago and spoken with different people who went there often. One thing that was mentioned often is that RLC is no where near as competitive as 3DX. Where I see possible problems is people creating things in the game where xgold starts to get used to pay for things, brothels are just one example. Other things would be ways people would come up with to make their room more popular and get to the top of the list. I think you would find people finding lots of ways to make xgold in the game, some would likely even offer it just to keep you in their rooms, like maybe competitions where xgold is a prize or just paying people to dance. That was a concern that was brought up before when I use to try getting currency exchange added. If it does go that way you will then have people finding ways to buy and sell it.

🇫🇷 Bonjour,
D'accord excuses moi... J'ai mal relu quand j'ai posté hier. C'est une erreur de ma part et de traducteur. Désolé.
La monnaie virtuelle s'appelle bien "rayons".
Je vais éditer mon post et corriger cette erreur.

Alors pour répondre à ta question :
Tu peux acheter des rayons. Il y a un cours des rayons, puisqu'il y a une place de marché.
Tu peux aussi échanger des rayons, contre de l'argent réel et lors du rachat sur la place du marché, le prix de rachat est inférieur aux prix acheté. Je ne me souviens plus exactement.
J'ai accès à mon profile et la plateforme, mais je n'ai pas d'abonnement en cours en ce moment, donc je n'ai pas accès à la place de marché, pour être précis, mais il me semble que c'est légèrement inférieur.
Les gens se font beaucoup d'argent parce qu'ils peuvent :
- faire des vêtements et les vendre
- faire des mise en page pour les pièces et les vendre (maisons, clubs, bar etc)
- être prostitué (fille qui travail, ou mec qui travail = "WG")
- voter les profiles, les photos, les blogs des autres (il y a le système de notation étoiles), deux connexions par jour, éditer un blog tous les deux jours, mettre des photos sur son profile (20 par mois). Cela rapporte environ 5 à 6 rayons . Par mois cela peut faire 250 rayons (si on fait cela tous les jours). C'est la façon la plus longue et fastidieuse.

Alors il y a un bordel que tout le monde connait. La plateforme possède aussi des pièces générales, comme un bordel, une rue, avec place, il y a un club etc. Comme 3DX chat à des clubs, bar, le yacht, la plage etc.
Les gens font beaucoup de clubs, de bar et autres. Mais tu peux aussi avoir des bordels oui. Il ne faut pas oublier que c'est l'une des premières grandes plateformes, (peut être même la première), à caractère sexuel connue. Je rappel que cette plateforme existe depuis 2006.
Je pense en suite que RLC reste très très compétitif. Certes 3DXChat, graphiquement, bat RLC. C'est inéluctable. Mais RLC a plus de clients et plus de fonctionnalités ouvertes aux clients. Les gens peuvent faire plus de choses.
Les deux plateformes ont leurs avantages et leur inconvénients.

En suite, oui les gens peuvent faire des bordels, et ce genres de choses, ce n'est pas interdit. Après, comme je t'ai dit, être WG est une option et activité libre, propre à chaque utilisateurs. Je n'ai jamais vu de proxénètes comme je l'ai dit, mais il est possible, que des gens se mettent d'accord pour avoir ce types de relations et transactions. Je parle bien sûr, d'un propriétaire qui aurait un bordel et qui ferait appel à des WG, pour des prestations avec des clients et qu'il toucherait une commission. Je ne l'ai jamais vu mais c'est possible.
De ce que je sais, c'est une activité libre et les gens préfèrent être indépendant à ce niveau. En tout cas c'est que m'ont la plus part des WG que je connais.
Tu sais c'est comme tout, il suffit de se mettre d'accord, de faire un contrat avec quelqu'un et de faire. Donc c'est possible. Je n'ai jamais vu, mais c'est possible.

Si les gens faisaient payer l'accès à une room, même 3DXChat, au bout d'un moment ils seraient perdant. Ca marcherait pendant un moment, puis les gens qui vienent se lasseraient.
Ou alors tout le monde ferait payer ses clubs puis au final tu te retrouverais sans personne dans tes rooms parce que les gens en auraient marre de payer et resteraient dans leur room privé.
T'imagines, tu pop dans un club, pour entrer tu dois payer. Tu n'aimes pas l'ambiance, tu vas ailleurs, tu dois payer... C'est ingérable. Tu pop dans un club sans le faire exprès, parce que tu t'es trompé dans la liste et tu dois payer alors que tu ne restes pas ? Ca serait fou de faire ça. Les gens ne seraient pas contents, car c'est le problème qui risquerait de se poser, à mon sens.
Ceux qui ne feraient pas payer verraient leurs rooms remplis.
Les gens seraient peut être plus enclin à payer un WG que payer l'accès à une room. Ils seraient plus ok de donner un pourboire à un Dj, et/ou des danseurs, par exemple pour l'encourager (bien sûr sans que ce soit une obligation), que de payer l'accès à une room. Ca resterait au bon vouloir des clients et surtout ça aurait un coté marrant, et ludique.

Enfin, faire des jeux dans tes rooms pour les clients. Comme faire gagner des prix, ça se fait déjà sur RLC. Tu es propriétaire de club. Tu passes des partenariat avec des architects et des stylistes. Tu affiches leurs logos, tu fais leurs publicité et eux te disent : "pour ta soirée j'offre une maison". Ou "j'offre un vêtement." Ou "deux vêtements à 20 rayons max". Ou "j'offre un coupon de réduction de 50%." Par exemple. Et en fonction de ça, tu organises ta soirée et tu fais gagner les prix. Premier prix, deuxième prix etc...
Que ce soit une mise en page pour ta pièce, un objet customisé, un vêtement fait par un styliste, de la monnaie virtuel, ou même un vip pour un mois. Ou des coupons de réductions émis par les stylistes pour acheter dans leur magasins.
Et tu fais des jeux et tu fais gagner des trucs. Mais encore une fois c'est pas obligatoires. C'est bien mais en même temps c'est pas bien. Les gens ne viennent que pour gagner tes cadeaux. Si cela prend deux heures sur une soirée qui fait toute la nuit, t'as intérêt à étaler sur la durée, sinon une fois que la période de jeu fini et les prix gagnés, ta room se vide à une vitesse et c'est fini. Tu as des avantages mais aussi des inconvénients. C'est très marrant de faire ça. Moi je l'ai fait, j'avais un club et tout. C'était marrant. Mais y a toujours un revers.
Mais même si tout le monde se met à faire ça. Les gens auront toujours le choix  des soirées et des ambiances qu'ils veulent. C'est comme tu as le choix de choisir le resto où tu veux aller manger. C'est la diversité. Et il ne faut pas oublier que : même si tu fais des jeux etc, les gens vont venir et rester pour l'ambiance, s'ils se sentent bien. S'ils ne se sentent pas bien dans ta soirée, tu auras beau faire gagner tous les prix que du veux ils vont pas rester. Enfin il faut savoir ce que tu veux aussi. Est ce que tu veux que les gens viennent juste parce que tu offres des cadeaux, ou est ce que tu veux qu'ils viennent parce que, ce que tu proposes c'est bien, et surtout est ce que il n'y a que le chiffre, c'est à dire le nombre de personnes dans une room qui compte ?

Il m'est arrivé de faire de soirées, ou on n'était que 10, ou 20. Les gens venaient, restaient un moment puis partaient, mais à 10, ou 20, on s'est amusé comme si on était 50 et ça durait des nuits entières. Et pour moi c'était les meilleurs soirées super drôles.

Je trouve, que les gens sont trop orientés "nombre de personnes", plutôt que de penser au côté fun et léger. Ce qui casse un peu l'intérêt. Tu vas dans une room, le proprio va regarder son compteur et dire : "super j'ai 100 personnes". C'est bien. Ok. Mais vous pouvez être 100 et vous faire chier, alors que je peux avoir une room avvec 15 personnes et on n'arrête pas de rigoler dans un cadre sympa. Donc qu'est ce qui compte vraiment? C'est à chacun de le déterminer.

🇺🇸 Hello,
Ok excuse me... I misread when I posted yesterday. This is an error on my part and of the translator. Sorry. Virtual currency is indeed called "rays". I will edit my post and correct this error.

So to answer your question:
You can buy rays. There is a price for the rays, since there is a market place.
You can also exchange rays for real money and when you buy them back on the market place, the buyback price is lower than the purchased price. I don't remember exactly.
I have access to my profile and the platform, but I don't have a current subscription at the moment, so I don't have access to the marketplace, to be precise, but it seems to me that it is slightly lower.
People are making a lot of money because they can :
- make clothes and sell them
- make layouts for rooms and sell them (houses, clubs, bars etc)
- be a prostitute (working girl, or working guy = "WG")
- vote the profiles, the pictures, the blogs of the others (there is the star rating system), two connections per day, edit a blog every two days, put pictures on their profile (20 per month). This brings about 5 to 6 rays. Per month this can make 250 rays (if you do this every day). This is the most time consuming way.

So there is a brothel that everyone knows. The platform also has general rooms, like a brothel, a street, with a place, there is a club etc. Like 3DX chat to clubs, bar, yacht, beach etc.
People do a lot of clubs, bar and other. But you can also have brothels yes. We must not forget that this is one of the first big platforms, (maybe even the first), with sexual character known. I remind you that this platform exists since 2006.
I think that RLC remains very very competitive. Certainly 3DXChat, graphically speaking.
Then, yes, people can make brothels, and this kind of things, it is not forbidden. After that, as I told you, being a WG is a free option and activity, specific to each user. I have never seen pimps as I said, but it is possible, that people agree to have these types of relationships and transactions. I'm talking about an owner who has a brothel and uses WG's for services with clients and gets a commission. I have never seen it but it is possible.
From what I know, it is a free activity and people prefer to be independent at this level. At least that's what most of the WGs I know have told me.
You know it's like anything, you just have to agree, make a contract with someone and do it. So it's possible. I've never seen it, but it's possible.

If people charged for access to a room, even 3DXChat, after a while they would lose out. It would work for a while, then the people who come would get bored.
Or everyone would charge for their clubs and then you would end up with no one in your rooms because people would get tired of paying and stay in their private rooms.
Imagine, you pop into a club, to get in you have to pay. You don't like the atmosphere, you go somewhere else, you have to pay... It's unmanageable. You pop in a club without doing it on purpose, because you made a mistake in the list and you have to pay when you don't stay? It would be crazy to do that. People wouldn't be happy, because that's the problem that would arise, in my opinion.
Those who don't charge would have their rooms filled.
People might be more willing to pay for a WG than to pay for access to a room. They would be more ok to tip a DJ, and/or dancers, for example to encourage him (of course it's not an obligation), than to pay for access to a room. It would be up to the customers and it would be fun and playful.

Finally, make games in your rooms for customers. Like winning prizes, it's already done on RLC. You are a club owner. You partner with architects and stylists. You display their logos, you advertise them and they tell you: "for your evening I offer a house". Or "I offer a garment." Or "two garments at 20 spokes max". Or "I'm offering a 50% off coupon." For instance. And based on that, you organize your party and you win the prizes. First prize, second prize, etc.
Whether it's a layout for your room, a customized object, a garment made by a stylist, virtual currency, or even a vip for a month. Or discount coupons issued by stylists to buy in their stores.
And you play games and you win stuff. But again, it's not mandatory. It's good but at the same time it's not good. People only come to win your gifts. If it takes two hours on an evening that lasts all night, you better spread it over the duration, otherwise once the game period is over and the prizes are won, your room empties quickly and it's over . You have advantages but also disadvantages. It's really fun to do that. I did it, I had a club and everything. It was funny. But there is always a downside.

But even if everyone starts doing that. People will always have the choice of the evenings and atmospheres they want. It's like you have the choice of choosing the restaurant where you want to eat. It's diversity. And we must not forget that: even if you play games etc, people will come and stay for the atmosphere, if they feel good. If they don't feel good at your party, you can win all the prizes they want they won't stay. Finally, you have to know what you want too. Do you want people to come just because you're giving gifts, or do you want them to come because what you're offering is good, and above all, is there only the number, ie the number of people in a room that counts?

I happened to have parties, where there were only 10 or 20 of us. People came, stayed for a while then left, but at 10 or 20, we had fun as if we were 50 and that lasted entire nights. And for me it was the best super funny evenings.

I find that people are too "number of people" oriented, rather than thinking about fun and lightness. Which breaks the interest a bit. You go to a room, the owner will look at his counter and say: "great, I have 100 people". It's good. Ok. But you can be 100 and piss off, whereas I can have a room with 15 people and we can't stop laughing in a nice setting. So what really matters? It is up to each individual to determine.

@Twiggy What you described in my opinion is not very sensible.

For every account there is a membership fee, I don't believe there would be incentive for someone to make an account just for transferring gold around, much less several.

For 1 there is only so much you can do with XGold and it is worthless outside of game, so to go through all the hassle to scam gold as you suggest would not be worth it for people.

I will use Second Life as an example since I have been playing that game as well for many years.

Yes, there are brothels and prostitutes selling sex, but the market for that in Second Life is so low because of the market.

They have an economy such as RLC as Khallum Troy has described, and you can exchange their virtual currency for real cash at the going rate.

You can also create things and buy and sell things on their Market Place.

And how does one trade, give away or sell an account? It is tied to a credit card.

At the end of the day I am sure the devs had a good reason for the way it is setup, but I would sure like to hear from them why it is the way it is as I am sure they have breached this conversation quite a bit in their 10 years.

Oh my... 

All your ideas about what could happen scared me! Since long it is just a game to have fun and meet silly ppl for most of us. But yeah... since clubs and other stuff  showed up... game has changed. Big things bring big changes. Let's hope the next one is a good one :) 

On 12/7/2022 at 7:29 PM, SerenityWillow said:

It would be nice to be able to give Xgold to others directly instead of buying it for them.

I would really hate it, if the only reason it is setup like it is , is for them to make money off members.

Because sometimes you want to only give maybe 20 Xgold to someone and dnt want to spend $9.99 or what ever it is for it.

Or at the minimum make the purchase adjustable for the buyer, i.e. a box to determine the amount you want to buy.

I agree. along with over 3000 people since this poll was started on Discord, and since many don't use it, the actual number for is at least double.

There really is no good arguement against it.

https://discord.com/channels/537730036485193748/633627618075344897/641619926552936458

Edited by NightStorm

10 hours ago, Khallum Troy said:

I find that people are too "number of people" oriented, rather than thinking about fun and lightness. Which breaks the interest a bit. You go to a room, the owner will look at his counter and say: "great, I have 100 people". It's good. Ok. But you can be 100 and piss off, whereas I can have a room with 15 people and we can't stop laughing in a nice setting. So what really matters? It is up to each individual to determine.

@Khallum TroyHello again, thanks for letting us know more about how it works in RLC. So RLC has a buy back system, I think 3DX would have to do the same or someone else would set that up and 3DX would lose revenue. That is if a lot was set up in the game by players where xgold gets used.

When I said people were saying it is a lot more competitive in 3DX I meant people in the 3DX environment itself, like you showed yourself when you talked about how people want big numbers in their rooms. I don't think people would start charging for room entry but I do think people would start paying people to get numbers up in their rooms, as you have stated above. One thing that has always amazed me in 3DX is the creativity of people, the ideas they come with. Put currency transfer into the game and I think a lot will be surprised with what people dream up to get numbers in their rooms. They will likely be fun things and designed to keep people there but will cost the owner quite a bit to do so. 

I would not be against currency transfer and even use to try push for it, I am just trying to let people know why it hasn't been added in the past and that it is not as simple as people seem to think. If done wrong it could completely change the game and have it so people with money to burn have a huge advantage, and that is what I think the devs don't want.

Edited by Twiggy

Not to be rude Twiggy, but you don't make sense.

Xgold unlike lindens or Rays Xgold  can't be converted to RL money. So most of yuor argument doesn't make sense.

3DX is a "token Economy" (look it up if you don't understand the term.) That means xgold has no value outside it.

It means, that giving a "star" on a kids good behavior chart is worth as much as someone talking to you dirty. 

Not busting on you Twiggy, but imo you are out of touch. Are you even in 3DX anymore?

Edited by THX Builder

26 minutes ago, THX Builder said:

Xgold unlike lindens or Rays Xgold  can't be converted to RL money. So most of yuor argument doesn't make sense.

3DX is a "token Economy" (look it up if you don't understand the term.) That means xgold has no value outside it.

It means, that giving a "star" on a kids good behavior chart is worth as much as someone talking to you dirty. 

Not busting on you Twiggy, but imo you are out of touch. Are you even in 3DX anymore?

Just because xgold cant be directly converted into real money does not mean that xgold will not be sold for real money unofficially if there will unlimited xgold exchange. Almost any solid MMORPG where you can transfer ingame currency have an unofficial market to buy/sell that currency for real money. Of course no one going to risk doing it for little amounts (if it will be forbidden by ToS), but when we talk about big numbers like 50, 100, 200 k xgold...  Some people who need tons of xgold (competing for the top spot in the room list for whatever reason) may prefer to buy it from someone, for example 2 times cheaper than xgold's official price. 

If devs don't wat to lose a significant part of their income and add direct xgold transfer between the players, they have to restrict the amount that can be sent (and maybe received as well) daily. The lower the limitation - the more safe it is for game's income but also less convenient for players. So its important to find a good balance. I would say that 1k/day for transfer (per person you transfer to), and 5k/day to transfer/receive (in total for your account per day) would be a good number, it would be enough for tips and also new loving couples could accumulate money for marriage by sending their money in portions each day till they have 10k. And if you really want to give someone more - you can do it day by day. But its just my opinion on the matter, I understand that some people will see such kind of limitations as too tight/too low.

There also could be some special conditions. For example - rising the send limit to 5k/day to single person if you sending it to your spouse and you are married for 3+ months (to not let people abuse it easily for real money trade)

2 minutes ago, Xizi said:

Just because xgold cant be directly converted into real money does not mean that xgold will not be sold for real money unofficially if there will unlimited xgold exchange. Almost any solid MMORPG where you can transfer ingame currency have an unofficial market to buy/sell that currency for real money. Of course no one going to risk doing it for little amounts (if it will be forbidden by ToS), but when we talk about big numbers like 50, 100, 200 k xgold...  Some people who need tons of xgold (competing for the top spot in the room list for whatever reason) may prefer to buy it from someone, for example 2 times cheaper than xgold's official price. 

If devs don't wat to lose a significant part of their income and add direct xgold transfer between the players, they have to restrict the amount that can be sent (and maybe received as well) daily. The lower the limitation - the more safe it is for game's income but also less convenient for players. So its important to find a good balance. I would say that 1k/day for transfer (per person you transfer to), and 5k/day to transfer/receive (in total for your account per day) would be a good number, it would be enough for tips and also new loving couples could accumulate money for marriage by sending their money in portions each day till they have 10k. And if you really want to give someone more - you can do it day by day. But its just my opinion on the matter, I understand that some people will see such kind of limitations as too tight/too low.

There also could be some special conditions. For example - rising the send limit to 5k/day to single person if you sending it to your spouse and you are married for 3+ months (to not let people abuse it easily for real money trade)

Who cares it it is or isn't?  It would only benefit the consumer.

18 minutes ago, THX Builder said:

Who cares it it is or isn't?  It would only benefit the consumer.

Devs probably care, because its their business and they are probably not very eager to lose part of their income.
Game is not only about benefiting consumer. Of course giving consumer a pleasant experience is mandatory, or people will not play/pay for the game. But game is also should bring income to its owners, and its mandatory as well - what the point for them to support the game if it does not earn enough for them. Its all about balance, about finding a compromise solution that will work for each party - player community and game owners. 
Me and Twiggy offer some compromise solutions here that could actually work, maybe not perfectly well, but still.
You and your "I don't care" attitude will lead to nothing. It's just childish.

1 hour ago, THX Builder said:

It gets ne when someone says they aren't looking to be rude then are, especially when they are accusing someone of being out of touch when in fact they are doing that.

Ok, let's say 3DX adds currency transfer with no restrictions, you can transfer as much as you want to anyone you want. I who yes has not played for quite a while but still has something like 100k xgold can offer my 100k for say half the price that 3DX sells it for, around $50, and when I find a buyer go back in and sell it. Hell I could even sell it on ebay. And that is just me, there are lots could do the same. How much would 3DX lose out on then. Then there are people who have made huge amounts of real money from other games selling the in game currency for real money, do you think they won't do the same in 3DX. So before you go accusing someone of being out of touch, which is an insult and being rude, do a little bit of thinking and get in touch yourself.