3DXChat Community

One way teleport

Janet

Hello 🙂

The idea of teleports was and is very cool and has much potential. I use them as doors very often because it allows you to decide how people spawn into the room so you dont need to use the camera like a steering wheel. But sadly, when you have placed a posefield on that teleport and you use it, it activates the teleport, so one avi always gets teleported. (I mean that also can be good when you wanna have a secret teleport).

I tried to avoid that with different levels of the height but that leads into glitches which i would love to avoid.

I think this problem is very easy to solve when you would simply add a one way teleport so you can always decide how the teleporter has to work.
For me at least it would increase the handling in rooms very much but maybe i am alone with that thought.
I wouldn't even point at it when teleporter wouldn't have found their way into the game, but there they are in already, the template is already given and it should be pretty easy to make a different version of it ( At least my "thought" as "non developer")
I would also love to have them scalable but that is more a bonus feature than a must have.

Edited by Janet

Teleports work fine when you can see the blue feet mark just above the ground when you are in World Editor.

You can simulate a one-way teleport by placing one of the teleports a bit below the floor so you are unable to see the blue feet mark. This teleport pad will work only as "destination".

17 minutes ago, CatKatW said:

Teleports work fine when you can see the blue feet mark just above the ground when you are in World Editor.

You can simulate a one-way teleport by placing one of the teleports a bit below the floor so you are unable to see the blue feet mark. This teleport pad will work only as "destination".

Thanks for the answer.

Yes and i already do this and it works in general but when you have placed a bedpose on it you will see that at least one avi will get teleported to the entrypoint when the field is in use and that is that what i want to avoid.

That's why i said i wouldn't even point at it when teleports wouldn't be there because it works in general so it's more a way to avoid bugs🙂.

Edited by Janet

well i played a little bit around and i guess i found a good compromise for myself even its not 100% like i want it but thanks for the post which motivated me to have another look on it 🙂

Edited by Janet