3DXChat Community

Aller dans l'éditeur d'avatar et revenir dans la room / Go to the avatar editor and return to the room

Khallum Troy

🇫🇷 Bonjour @Gizmo et @Lisa

Cette proposition à déjà été faite, mais je pense qu'il est bon de la remettre de nouveau.
S'il vous plait, chers concepteurs, vous serait-il possible de ne pas nous faire revenir, à chaque fois, sur le point d'entrée de la room, lorsque l'on va dans notre clothing?
Je suis dans la chambre avec ma copine, je dois retirer un accessoire, qu'on ne peut uniquement enlever dans l'éditeur d'avatar (comme les glowie sticks), et en revenant, je me retrouve à poils en bas de l'immeuble !
Alors s'il vous plait. Il serait temps de remédier à ce problème, de nous faire revenir de l'éditeur d'avatar, à l'endroit où nous étions dans la room, et non à l'entrée de la room.
Par avance, merci. Je pense que cela ferait grand plaisir à tous vos utilisateurs.

🇺🇸 Hello @Gizmo and @Lisa

This proposal has already been made, but I think it's good to put it again.
Please, dear designers, would it be possible for you not to make us come back to the entry point of the room every time we go to our clothing?
I'm in the room with my girlfriend, I have to remove an accessory, which can only be removed in the avatar editor (like the glowie sticks), and when I come back, I find myself naked at the bottom of the building!
So please. It would be time to fix this problem, to make us come back from the avatar editor, to the place where we were in the room, and not at the entrance of the room.
Thanks in advance. I think it would make all your users very happy.

41 minutes ago, EvaMarie said:

Wouldn't it be a much simpler solution here to be able to simply take off accessories such as items of clothing?

🇫🇷 Ca, c'est un autre problème.

Là je parle, de pouvroir revenir là où on se trouvait dans une room, (que ce soit notre room, ou celle de quelqu'un d'autre), après être allé dans l'éditeur d'avatar, au lieu de revenir au point d'entrée.

🇺🇸 That's another problem.

I'm talking about being able to go back to where you were in a room, (whether it's your room, or someone else's room), after going to the avatar editor, instead of returning to the entry point.

12 hours ago, Khallum Troy said:

🇫🇷 Ca, c'est un autre problème.

Là je parle, de pouvroir revenir là où on se trouvait dans une room, (que ce soit notre room, ou celle de quelqu'un d'autre), après être allé dans l'éditeur d'avatar, au lieu de revenir au point d'entrée.

🇺🇸 That's another problem.

I'm talking about being able to go back to where you were in a room, (whether it's your room, or someone else's room), after going to the avatar editor, instead of returning to the entry point.

I'm confused, how is "That another problem"? Seems the same to me as you describe... coming and going between worlds and avatar editor? And I'm no builder, nor techy but thought the "portal pads" to be the only way to teleport into rooms. Becoming the "Point of Entry".  And what @EvaMariementions would eliminate the need to leave a location and add a valuable time saving very cool feature, all while adding to realism. 😉 Though i have no clue how simple or difficult this request would be to implement.

Perhaps your request would be the simpler. .. if we could each be equipped with our own personal teleportation pad. Placing it like a homing PIN. This too would be a time saving feature, though i still prefer Eva's approach. It comes with bennies. 😊 

Edited by Kaitlyn1989
IN to PIN

6 hours ago, Kaitlyn1989 said:

I'm confused, how is "That another problem"? Seems the same to me as you describe... coming and going between worlds and avatar editor? And I'm no builder, nor techy but thought the "portal pads" to be the only way to teleport into rooms. Becoming the "Point of Entry".  And what @EvaMariementions would eliminate the need to leave a location and add a valuable time saving very cool feature, all while adding to realism. 😉 Though i have no clue how simple or difficult this request would be to implement.

Perhaps your request would be the simpler. .. if we could each be equipped with our own personal teleportation pad. Placing it like a homing PIN. This too would be a time saving feature, though i still prefer Eva's approach. It comes with bennies. 😊 

🇫🇷 Bonjour Kaitlyn,

EvaMarie a parlé du fait de pouvoir retirer des accessoires directement dans le clothing, sans aller dans l'éditeur d'avatar. Là c'est un autre sujet.
C'est un autre problème à prendre en compte. Bien entendu, il est évident, qu'il serait plus pratique de pouvoir retirer des accessoires, comme le glowie stick, sans avoir à aller dans l'éditeur d'avatar. C'est un fait et je suis tout à fait d'accord avec ce qu'elle dit.

Mon approche est différente. C'est un autre sujet.
Moi je parle de : quand tu es quelque part. Ta room, ou la room de quelqu'un d'autre, et que tu veux te changer. Changer de vêtements, ou (retirer ou ajouter un accessoire, peut importe). De pouvoir le faire, sans que ton avatar n'ai à revenir au point d'entrée de la room, en sortant du world editor.

Le fait qu'il y ait un point d'entrée dans la pièce, ne dérange pas. Il s'agit de l'accès à l'éditeur d'avatar et de sa sortie. Ce sont deux choses différentes, dans le sens où, tu ne changes pas de room.

Ce n'est pas logique, ni pratique, d'être, par exemple, dans la chambre à coucher, de vouloir se changer, puis quand on sort de l'éditeur d'avatar, de se retrouver dans le jardin... Il me semble...

Ce dont je parle existe sur bien d'autres plateformes, comme SL ou RLC.
Ce n'est pas nouveau et ce n'est pas extraordinaire, ni surprenant. C'est logique.

Si je me change dans un endroit d'une room, qui est un vestiaire se trouvant dans un bâtiment, comme un club de gym, (autre exemple), pourquoi quand je vais revenir, je vais être dans la rue, ou à la réception du club de gym?
C'est de ça que je parle.

🇺🇸 Hello Kaitlyn,

EvaMaria talked about being able to remove accessories directly in the clothing, without going to the avatar editor. That's another topic.
This is another issue to consider. Of course, it is obvious that it would be more convenient to be able to remove accessories, like the glowie stick, without having to go to the avatar editor. This is a fact and I totally agree with what she says.

My approach is different. That's a different topic.
I'm talking about: when you are somewhere. Your room, or someone else's room, and you want to change. Change your clothes, or (remove or add an accessory, whatever). To be able to do this, without your avatar having to go back to the room's entry point, by leaving the world editor.

The fact that there is an entry point into the room, does not bother. It is the access to the avatar editor and its exit. They are two different things, in the sense that you don't change rooms.

It's not logical, nor practical, to be, for example, in the bedroom, to want to change, and then when you exit the avatar editor, to be in the garden... It seems to me...

What I'm talking about exists on many other platforms, like SL or RLC.
It's not new and it's not extraordinary or surprising. It is logical.

If I change in a room, which is a locker room in a building, like a gym, (another example), why when I come back, I'm going to be on the street, or at the gym reception?
That's what I'm talking about.

11 minutes ago, AHT said:

Yeah but you could abuse that. Leave my home, spend hours in the changing room and then jump back to catch me with somebody.

🇫🇷 Je crois que cela te regarde hahaha
Mais il me semble que: les gens qui sont dans leur éditeur d'avatar, sont notés comme en étant en ligne et non hors ligne et qu'ils peuvent toujours parler en chat privé. Donc si tu te fait prendre, alors que tu es avec quelqu'un d'autre, c'est ton problème je dirais et non de la faute de cette hypothétique option. Il te faudra juste être prudent hahaha

🇺🇸 I think that's your business hahaha
But it seems to me that : people who are in their avatar editor, are noted as being online and not offline and they can still talk in private chat. So if you get caught, while you are with someone else, that's your problem I would say and not the fault of this hypothetical option. You just have to be careful hahaha

The idea is quite nice, but also complicated to implement. If we were to enter a room at the point where we left it, this would immediately bring up the desire for the previous system for many. So you would need the option to start at different points in the room.

A nice idea, but difficult to implement and certainly very error-prone. The servers would have to remember each player's last visited room with all possible entry points and query them each time. At the moment (at least I think), something like that is not even really in the future. Working with teleporters in your own room, or possibly get extended clothing options for accessories would be the simplest solution in my eyes.

23 hours ago, EvaMarie said:

The idea is quite nice, but also complicated to implement. If we were to enter a room at the point where we left it, this would immediately bring up the desire for the previous system for many. So you would need the option to start at different points in the room.

A nice idea, but difficult to implement and certainly very error-prone. The servers would have to remember each player's last visited room with all possible entry points and query them each time. At the moment (at least I think), something like that is not even really in the future. Working with teleporters in your own room, or possibly get extended clothing options for accessories would be the simplest solution in my eyes.

🇫🇷 Juste deux questions.
Comment ça se fait, que ce soit possible sur d'autres plateformes, encore plus anciennes ?
Tu appuies sur un petit bouton et pouf, tu es dans ton éditeur d'avatar. Une fois que tu as fini, tu sauvegardes, tu quittes, et pouf, tu reviens à l'emplacement où tu étais dans la pièce.

Donc, en quoi, ils ne pourraient pas l'appliquer ici ?
Le plus de ce système, fini le chargement. Ce serait la suppression de l'écran de chargement, à chaque fois que tu vas dans ton éditeur, ou que tu en sors. Ca serait encore plus fluide, plus rapide, donc plus pratique.

Enfin, sur quoi je me base pour dire cela ? Si on regarde ce qu'ils ont réussit à faire, dans l'éditeur de monde, à savoir que : avant quand tu chargeais une room, tu avais l'écran de chargement, maintenant, c'est fini. Ils l'ont supprimé. Le chargement d'une room, ou d'un objet, est instantané.
Je pense donc que ça serait tout à fait possible, dans ce cas là.

🇺🇸 Just two questions.
How is it possible that this is possible on other, even older platforms?
You press a little button and poof, you are in your avatar editor. Once you're done, you save, you quit, and poof, you're back where you were in the room.

So how could they not apply it here?
The best thing about this system is that there's no more loading. It would be the removal of the loading screen, every time you go into your editor, or come out of it. It would be even smoother, faster, and therefore more convenient.

I mean, what am I basing this on? Well, if you look at what they've managed to do in the world editor, which is: before when you loaded a room you had the loading screen, now you don't. They've removed it. They have removed it. Loading a room, or an item, is instantaneous.
So I think it would be quite possible, in that case.

I hate to say it but i don't think that this kind of feature is so necessary that it will have any priority.
I would wish myself more the possibility to change my clothes inside the location on a certain spot. that would make more sense also when it comes to RP.
And when such a feature find his way into the game i would highly recommend that room owner can turn that off, otherwise the bug paradise get started the more people are in the room.
"As far i know"... when you develop something and it has to be "livesynced" between game clients (like changing position) it becomes more difficult to make it bug free for everyone so it would need way more ressources (=time to develop) to make it work.

The "teleport to player" function sounds more promising as long as that only works with restrictions (f.e the person is in the same groupchat or you accepted a partner invitation) and the room owner also should be able to turn that off.

Another thought is, the room owner can teleport people to locations, that also can be very cool when its used wisely but also can end in a disaster :)

Edited by Janet

23 hours ago, Janet said:

I hate to say it but i don't think that this kind of feature is so necessary that it will have any priority.
I would wish myself more the possibility to change my clothes inside the location on a certain spot. that would make more sense also when it comes to RP.
And when such a feature find his way into the game i would highly recommend that room owner can turn that off, otherwise the bug paradise get started the more people are in the room.
"As far i know"... when you develop something and it has to be "livesynced" between game clients (like changing position) it becomes more difficult to make it bug free for everyone so it would need way more ressources (=time to develop) to make it work.

The "teleport to player" function sounds more promising as long as that only works with restrictions (f.e the person is in the same groupchat or you accepted a partner invitation) and the room owner also should be able to turn that off.

Another thought is, the room owner can teleport people to locations, that also can be very cool when its used wisely but also can end in a disaster :)

🇫🇷 Cela n'a rien à voir avec la téléportation, cette suggestion que je propose.
De plus, cela n'a aucun effet de bugs, ou de synchro sur les personnages dans une pièce. Cela existe sur plein d'autres plateformes. Ce n'est pas nouveau. Et cela n'entraine aucun bug, ou de problème de chargements d'un client, dans une pièce.
Au contraire même.

Quand tu es dans une pièce. Actuellement, tu arrives sur le point d'éntrée principale de la room. D'accord ?
Plus il va y avoir du monde à arriver, plus ton entrée dans la room sera ralenti. Là, tu auras du bug.
Si tu es déjà dans la pièce. Que tu veux aller dans ton éditeur d'avatar, pour changer de vêtements. Ajouter ou retirer un accessoire. Quand tu vas revenir, tu vas revenir sur le point d'entrée. D'accord ? S'il y a du monde, qui arrive en même temps, ton temps de chargement et d'arrivée dans la pièce sera plus longue.

Avec ce système, d'accès plus rapide à ton éditeur d'avatar, depuis le point où tu te trouves dans une pièce et ton retour à cet endroit. Tu mettras beaucoup moins de temps, moins de lag, et pas d'écran de chargement. Cela sera plus fluide.
Cela ne va en rien, altérer ou gêner les gens qui arrivent par le point d'entrée principal de la pièce.

Cela n'a rien à voir avec les propriétaires non plus. Un propriétaire d'une room, ne peut pas, depuis sa room, bloquer cette fonctionnalité et t'empêcher d'accéder à ton propre éditeur d'avatar pour te changer... Je ne comprends pas la logique. Cela voudrais dire, que tu dois quitter la pièce, aller chez toi, pour accéder à ton éditeur... Si c'est bien ce que tu as suggéré, cela serait une grosse perte de temps, pas, pratique et désavantageux.

Un simple exemple. Un propriétaire de room, qui a un club. Qui fait une fête, avec des danseurs sur scène. Un danseurs doit arranger sa tenue de scène, mais le propriétaire à bloquer l'option de se changer... Le danseur, doit sortir de la room, aller chez lui, (chargement), aller dans son éditeur d'avatar, (chargement), revenir dans sa room, ou dans la room du propriétaire (chargement)... C'est interminable.
Tandis qu'avec cette nouvelle option : il est près de la scène. Il va directe dans son éditeur d'avar, (pas d'écran de chargement), il se change. Il revient dans la pièce, (pas d'écran de chargement), il revient près de la scène où il était. Il ne revient pas sur le point d'entrée, où des gens arrivent en même temps. Moins de monde, moins de lag, moins de bug de chargement. ;)

🇺🇸 This has nothing to do with teleportation, this suggestion I am making.
Also, it has no effect on bugs, or synchro on characters in a room. This exists on many other platforms. It's not a new thing. And it doesn't cause any bug, or any problem of loading a client, in a room.
On the contrary.

When you are in a room. Currently, you arrive at the main entry point of the room. Right?
The more people that arrive, the slower your entry into the room will be. Now you will have a bug.
If you are already in the room. If you want to go to your avatar editor, to change your clothes. Add or remove an accessory. When you come back, you will come back to the entry point. Right? If there are people, who arrive at the same time, your loading time and arrival in the room will be longer.

With this system, faster access to your avatar editor, from the point where you are in a room and your return to this place. You will take much less time, less lag, and no loading screen. It will be more fluid.
This will not in any way, shape or form interfere with people arriving through the main entry point of the room.

It has nothing to do with the owners either. A room owner, from his room, can't block this feature and prevent you from accessing your own avatar editor to change yourself... I don't understand the logic. That would mean, that you have to leave the room, go to your home, to access your editor... If this is what you suggested, it would be a big waste of time, not practical and disadvantageous.

A simple example. A room owner, who has a club. Who has a party, with dancers on stage. One of the dancers has to arrange his stage outfit, but the owner has blocked the option to change... The dancer, has to leave the room, go to his home, (load), go to his avatar editor, (load), come back to his room, or to the owner's room (load)... It's endless.
Whereas with this new option: he is close to the stage. He goes straight to his avatar editor, (no loading screen), he changes. He comes back in the room, (no loading screen), he comes back near the scene where he was. He doesn't come back to the point of entry, where people arrive at the same time. Less people, less lag, less loading bug. ;)

Edited by Khallum Troy

But wouldn't it make much more sense especially because your example seems to be for a show where you need to change clothes that the people can change their dress inside the room instead of leaving and joining again?

I mean i don't care at all if it all would be so easy to do like you say it's a cool thing in some cases.

Nevertheless it also can be very annyoing when you are on a certain place and someone comes back to the location after a while and spawns right into your face f.e while you play with someone. i wouldnt like that at all, but when you can avoid that anyhow and that easy, i mean, why not.. 🤷‍♀️

13 minutes ago, Janet said:

But wouldn't it make much more sense especially because your example seems to be for a show where you need to change clothes that the people can change their dress inside the room instead of leaving and joining again?

I mean i don't care at all if it all would be so easy to do like you say it's a cool thing in some cases.

Nevertheless it also can be very annyoing when you are on a certain place and someone comes back to the location after a while and spawns right into your face f.e while you play with someone. i wouldnt like that at all, but when you can avoid that anyhow and that easy, i mean, why not.. 🤷‍♀️

🇫🇷 Cela peut arriver, mais ce n'est pas différent, quand tu es sur le point d'entrée d'une pièce et que quelqu'un arrive en même temps que toi, et saute sur toi.
Quand tu es dans une pièce. Tu es là, debout. Les gens te voient. Ok ? Ils sont à côté de toi.
Avec cette nouvelle façon d'aller dans ton éditeur, les gens te voient disparaitre un instant. Ce n'est pas pour autant qu'ils vont bouger. Quand tu vas revenir, tu seras à ta place et personne sera sur toi. Tu ne restes pas des heures, à te changer, ou à arranger un vêtement.
Je suis sur une autre plateforme depuis des années et c'est comme ça. Cela ne dérange personne. Il n'y a jamais eut de soucis, par rapport à ça. ;)

🇺🇸 It can happen, but it's no different when you're about to enter a room and someone comes in at the same time as you, and jumps on you.
When you are in a room. You're standing there. People see you. Okay? They're standing next to you.
With this new way of going into your editor, people see you disappear for a moment. That doesn't mean they'll move. When you come back, you'll be in your place and no one will be on you. You don't stay for hours, changing your clothes, or fixing an item of clothing.
I've been on a different platform for years and that's the way it is. Nobody minds. There's never been any worries about it. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mind a testing phase at all. Maybe it works also on 3DX. IDK. My personal feeling says no, it doesn't, but well. lets experiment around so give the tool and people give feedback after it :)

It's nothing where i would say i would leave the game when it comes in so i would be fine nevertheless.

It's different with the "I jump to someone" feature, that should be developed well and also needs a turn off function for me because on "Chathouse" it was awful that people jumped straight to me. That gave myself a stalker feeling and felt so creepy. (That was a reason for quitting)

Core idea was nice but the end result wasn't.

Edited by Janet