3DXChat Community

A simple Font?

Janet

Hey :)

I think having a very simple default font with all numbers and letters would be really great.
It would avoid so many objects, smallering the file size and improving performance a lot also.
And there are a lot of people using fonts i see it in nearly every room.
Sadly they "eat" a lot of objects for no reason most of the time because a lot of description wouldn't need a very nice looking font, just a simple standart one. especially numbers.

🇫🇷 Ton idée est très bonne.
Je pense qu'il leur serait facile, de créer, dans le world editor, une section : Police d'écritures, avec différentes types d'écritures. Avec, bien évidement, la possibilité de pouvoir les redimensionner et d'en changer les couleurs et/ou textures.
Cela ferait des lettres beaucoup moins lourdes, puisque chaque lettre, ou caractère spécial, compterait comme un seul élément intégré.

🇺🇸 Your idea is very good.
I think it would be easy for them to create a section in the world editor: fonts, with different types of fonts. With, of course, the possibility to resize them and to change the colors and/or textures.
This would make the letters much lighter, since each letter, or special character, would count as a single integrated element.

Thank you 🙂

I think simple shapes would be enough and are also really easy to create, i mean who can do an heart or starshape can also do numbers and letters :)
I mean a Function to write a full sentence to be quickly done would be also nice of course, like some already developed in third party applications,  but that's not really a must have at all.
It is just sad to see that when i wanna build a room i know that probaly round about half of the filesize is only because of text and you could use the space for some really cool other things without making the whole room laggy just because of descriptions....

Not gonna lie, that feels really frustrating sometimes that you can't build like you want just because of numbers and letters😒

Edited by Janet

Halderim, qui est un utilisateur, a créé un petit programme super, qui permet d'écrire des mots, ou des phrases, avec des polices d'écritures existantes.
Il n'y a pas encore beaucoup de polices d'écritures, mais en tout cas, c'est très pratique !
De plus, tu n'as pas besoin de télécharger ou d'installer le programme. C'est un générateur de mots. C'est super.
Bien qu'il est vrai, qu'il serait mieux d'avoir des polices d'écritures dans le World Editor, ce petit programme aide bien ;)

Halderim, who is a user, has created a great little program, which allows you to write words, or sentences, with existing fonts.
There are not many fonts yet, but it is very practical!
Moreover, you don't need to download or install the program. It's a word generator. That's great.
Although it's true, it would be better to have fonts in the World Editor, this little program helps ;)

I think i saw that one and its a good tool, easy to use and does what it has to. Sadly sometimes not "light enough" 🙄 when it comes to a lot of different descriptions.
But as eyecather always welcome when you use it wisely 🙂.

Edited by Janet

Maybe when enough people show their interest, they add a simple solution. Sadly i totally forgot to point at it as i filled out the recent survey 🙄
But i am glad that i am not alone with that thought!

And your font is currently one of the best solution so far, looks pretty light 🙂

As long as they find an useful way to add text with less objects i am happy, but yeah, that would be a very easy way to create text at least for the users. If it's possible without developing it over monthes i wouldn't say no to this.🙂

Edited by Janet