3DXChat Community

Hello 3dxchat,

What if we started a store that you could buy clothing, accessories, gadgets, gear, furniture, jewelry, shoes, different dance moves, different moans, and the all time favorite bundle packages? The guys are very limited on personalizing their Avatars to make them be themselves. The woman have a better variety to look sexy in all rooms. Now lets not get crazy on the prices either. So instead of just using your gold to gift someone. Now you can personalize yourself and give your own personal swag. I chatted with some friends in game and they liked my idea. but lets keep the gold prices from 500 to 1000 for bundles. Any thoughts and ideas to make this happen? Please apply to this chat forum and lets make this happen. Thank you for reading my post.

How about no?

Its awful idea. Let's not turn this to SL, Achat etc.

20euro if you pay by month should be quite enough.

Do I have to go around and find reply where devs said that poses, clothes and essentials like that are not going to be premium ever?

If you were referring to user content, Devs gave up on that as it was more trouble for them than anything and I don't want to pay anything whats so ever for few updates once in month or so...

Also if this gets implemented what does prevent devs to add poses exclusively there? now 1000g for one pose, half year later 5000 because of some " quality " excuse or something ...

2 years later you have achat and community that fucks for money only so they can afford new poses.

I played way too many f2p games and 99% of them turned this way even some once big giants in industry.

I also been talking to people who been here year or longer and everyone agrees with me that people should have 100 + posts till they can submit requests or features because it feels like every month new person comes and suggest something that's been suggested for 2 years each month...no you aren't first...

What?

I don't want to sound rude but I think that what we pay every month is already enough. Yes I understand that we could use the gold and the gold is free, in theory... However if they decreased the price for each gift, to like 50 or 100 gold... well that would be great.

I like the idea of having more items though. But free.

I don't really think this is a good idea, the game currently is more expensive than the subscription of your average MMO yet their is missing so much I can't justify paying this price anymore right now.

I was in here for 2 weeks, already bored out of my skull and not supported in what I want to be in game.

Frankly the game is nice and all but it currently tries to pretend to be something it clearly is not.

So cash shops aren't going to help it but harm it even more.

I know it's a small team, they are working very hard but how much longer is the game going to sport the "beta" banner?

How about no?

Its awful idea. Let's not turn this to SL, Achat etc.

20euro if you pay by month should be quite enough.

Do I have to go around and find reply where devs said that poses, clothes and essentials like that are not going to be premium ever?

If you were referring to user content, Devs gave up on that as it was more trouble for them than anything and I don't want to pay anything whats so ever for few updates once in month or so...

Also if this gets implemented what does prevent devs to add poses exclusively there? now 1000g for one pose, half year later 5000 because of some " quality " excuse or something ...

2 years later you have achat and community that fucks for money only so they can afford new poses.

I played way too many f2p games and 99% of them turned this way even some once big giants in industry.

I also been talking to people who been here year or longer and everyone agrees with me that people should have 100 + posts till they can submit requests or features because it feels like every month new person comes and suggest something that's been suggested for 2 years each month...no you aren't first...

Valid point. But Paloma has a good idea too. The more you play the more gold you get anyways. so why not 50 or 100? If this shop idea is not a good idea then we should have more clothing and accessories available to us. We are all basically generalized Avatars. That gets boring after a while. And yes I know I'm not the first to come up with that Idea. Playstation had their own version of f2p and they had a shop. Granted it's nothing like this but Don't you want to be yourself on here? So if I have a bad Idea than propose to 3dxchat a better idea or stuff that should be available. It's easy to knock a man down with criticism but do you have a solution?

Because it is this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slippery_slope

It's called Slippery Slope

Do you trust devs that prices will stay always same?

Ever played any F2P game? or B2P game?  There are games that were once popular and turned into PAY2WIN because of greedy stores, at first it started okay then it got worse and worse.

Your argument is, if they make it cheap

Ok, what does prevent them to make it expensive later on, or stop with normal updates and focus on cash store entirely?

Do I have to drop 500 euro per half year to keep up to date with clothes or all sex poses, colours, make up, tattoos, face changes etc later on on top of subscription price?

And who will guarantee to me this won't happen?

Word from few indie developers? EULA that can change overnight and you only can accept and if you decline no refunds, all friends all gone.

Did you know how much we bitched and complained to get free gold? after they introduced drinks? before that you had to buy gold  at rate 1000 gold / 2.5 euro.

Go look into forums its all somewhere as most topics were not deleted.

In modern gaming, you have Dota / LoL and few others with fair price models, then SEA of games that are made to hook you, get all money you can before realizing you can't do anything else than spent money and move on.

When talking about Dota, it was stated that while Dota is profitable, valve could care less about the profit from the game, since steam is getting massive, and that's where mosttheir profit comes from.

Can Indie game with 300 too what 700? players total sustain FAIR pay model / cash store without subscription?? Many people doesn't realize this, but in most cases answer is no.

In sex games >

I raise you Achat. Go google it. you pay subscription and you get similar currency as Xgold each month you pay. the issue?

you can purchase very few poses or clothes or character customization with that amount of currency you get.

So if you want more, you end up paying lots of money,

that's why most community there isn't about social aspect and meeting new people like it is here but about prostitution where people pay for sex with tuned up avatars and unlocked poses instead.

For more information go google another term called whales, F2P models are based on this, few people who are " whales" makes like 85% of revenue total in this kind of games.

In most of these games, instead of paying 60 euro and getting all content for full game, you end up with lots of small but usually needed or not needed but better than everything else in game purchases, that over large span of time adds lot more money strain than normal game + subscription price. It is made that way because people don't notice small purchases over span of time as one big, or as something saying X per month.

More read on that with mobile games:

http://venturebeat.com/2014/02/26/only-0-15-of-mobile-gamers-account-for-50-percent-of-all-in-game-revenue-exclusive/

20 euro per month is already luxury in most countries, when WoW is 12 for example. FF is about same.

I got this subscription gifted during sale at last xmas which cost me roughly 4euro per month for year, WHICH is totally amazing deal and lots of players bought it.

However before that I did paid 20 per month for long long time.

Yes my solution was posted here, alongside with other game developers who made many valid points. which is why I said new people shouldn't be allowed to make suggestion since they don't know about what was suggested and what MOST liked post on forums from someone else than devs.

1000000000000000000x better solution than what do you propose:

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/560-regarding-development/

So, that means locking content behind paywall.

No, thank you. I rather have access to everything. I have enough friends that I can get likely all content gifted but where is stopping. If furniture can be gifted then likely it wont be available for all in other way. which mean taking content from everyone and locking it behind another paywall after subscription.

I just kinda wish when people make suggestion like this, they think about what does it mean and what consequences it would bring to this game as whole, because I don't think people realizes what they are asking.

To give example:

If clothing / furniture can be given then it won't be available to everyone instantly and we have to spent xgold to get it. So let's say 10 000 xgold for 1 piece of clothing.

Where is assurance now that this one furniture won't take time from developers to make content to main game? Like the dances we got recently.

Where is assurance that they will hire another 2 or 3 people that will work on xgold content only and it won't take time from main game updates again?

There's exactly none. Which is point I am trying to make here.

Making content locked from other people gives us exactly nothing except spending more money, without assurance things won't move from main game or they will hire more people.

If you do want to invest into game, sent them money to paypal or something but please don't change game payment model.

that would affect everyone and in the end force us to leave or spent money to get new stuff.

Not everyone here can afford to spent more than subscription cost, I know I would lose at least half of my friends if that would happen, some very dear and close friends I know over year.

Edit: I have no idea what's with my grammar today I do apologize. eww..

• 1 year later...

Well or creators they have to know about this game first to check it out but yes but since we have to pay for membership they could make so could download clothes or make are own don't have to sell it or earn the clothes or have different fabric we can load are self's. I have only made stuff on imvu but it was already made but arm and a leg to buy and sell so it could just come out of membership we do get credits or they could make fare price so everyone could have stuff. I do like to have some things but will see.

The only thing that would be good with Xgold is if we was able to tip other peoples ( dancers , barmen , barmaid , DJs , protitutes ( yes there is some yet )) . Anything else would just divide the players in groups , the rich in one side and the less rich appart .

I don't think he was talking of pay more for content , but to pay content with Xgold

And how does one get xgold? I dont want to wait a week to use a clothing item. 

in any case, this will never happen because content comes at a snails pace at best. There's 1 person hacking a DLL and providing more frequent updates and content than the devs.

LOL, if I wouldn't know better, I would think that this is a great marketing maneuver to distract all those complaining people from the not coming updates... :ph34r:

But that would mean that the devs are professional marketeers....

This could be a great idea, because we wouldn't need to depend on the devs for delivering content anymore. Let's face it, they have done FUCK ALL on that account and have consistently underdelivered.

Something tells me this was one of the ideas they played with themselves. Why do we have the largely useless xgold otherwise?

HOWEVER, looking at the confusing mess Second Life and IMVU have become, this would need to be TIGHTLY controlled by the devs for quality and compatibility. Please no avatars, if the devs can't even be bothered to fix their poses for the bigger-boobed models they allow the users sure won't.

This could be a great way to add furniture or clothing, but ONLY if the price per item is low and the monthly fee for the game is lowered significantly.

I think it would be a good idea to make some stuff for XGold. Not all, but some exclusive stuff. And make the possibility to give gold as a gift to other players. That would rise prostitution and also inject real money for the developers, so they can make more stuff / hire more artists, etc.

I think it would be a good idea to make some stuff for XGold. Not all, but some exclusive stuff. And make the possibility to give gold as a gift to other players. That would rise prostitution and also inject real money for the developers, so they can make more stuff / hire more artists, etc.

Yes as if the subscription price wasn't already highly overpriced x) Also I think at this point its pretty clear they ain't going to hire anyone :P

Also that prostitution thing, you'll just see a bunch of guys making a female alt to prostitute themselves.

Guest Twiggy

I know I have said this before but I would like to see a way for tips to be able to be given to dancers in SC.

As it is often you will see or use to anyway, people roleplaying giving tips to the dancers.

I am sure they can make it so only a certain amount can be given, like say 20, 50 and 100 so people don't go nuts with it.

And also can be done so the tips can only be given to people on the stage.

It may still be abused and used to pay for prostitutes but I don't think it would be that often.

I just think it would add a little something to SC and get more people doing acts on the stage and participation from people around the stage watching.

Yes as if the subscription price wasn't already highly overpriced x) Also I think at this point its pretty clear they ain't going to hire anyone :P

Also that prostitution thing, you'll just see a bunch of guys making a female alt to prostitute themselves.

90% of the girls are already guys, so it won't make a big difference :D