3DXChat Community

Searching for teleporter...

Byrkoff

Hello,

Last 2 days im searching to get/purchase teleport but no luck. Is here some good soul who can point me how to get...where to get or purchase and of course some instructions how to install it.

Thank you.

Byrkoff

Edited by Byrkoff

• Byrkoff changed the title to Searching for teleporter...

You can find the object in the World Editor, in the pose markers. Place the two connected objects and you can teleport from one to the other. Make sure that the footprints don't sink into the ground or another object, otherwise it will not work.

1190884457_2022-11-1718-57-25_140064.thumb.jpg.cd31e975fdf572561e1d1fbfbde7f4b9.jpg

yes i found them now...thank you. But still here are some things which i not understand. need to tell, that im comming from Second Life and im very familliar with building, but here i have so many problems. For example...how to walk around builded element...or how to zoom it from diffeent angles?

Specially i this teleporter i need to go to another place of land...so how to "simply" take second part and take with me...move to place....all those things makes me crazy and feeling like i don't know nothing and not that i work with this from 2007...in SL of course.

2 hours ago, Byrkoff said:

yes i found them now...thank you. But still here are some things which i not understand. need to tell, that im comming from Second Life and im very familliar with building, but here i have so many problems. For example...how to walk around builded element...or how to zoom it from diffeent angles?

Specially i this teleporter i need to go to another place of land...so how to "simply" take second part and take with me...move to place....all those things makes me crazy and feeling like i don't know nothing and not that i work with this from 2007...in SL of course.

when in the editor, press F6, then you are in 3rd person view. You can shift + click whererver you want your avi to stand.
You can move the camera with the wasd keys.
And you have to select the object you want, then move it with the according tool.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Probably hidden inside a mountain... or way up in the sky.

Suggestions: Edit just the object you downloaded and place a big (very BIG!) bright object near it; when you merge it it will be easier to spot where it is (then you can delete the auxiliary object). Alternatively you can edit the downloaded object and move to place it high in the sky to be easily visible (you can also add a big object near it to make it easier to see).

The landing point doesn't get moved when you merge worlds, that's why you should add a large glowing object to help you spot it, and the coordinates will remain the same of the object(s) you merged together, so they might be conflicting with other parts of your world

@ByrkoffLet me explain the world editor a little for you.

When an object or room is saved, it is saved at the exact coordinates the build was at no matter who loads it back into the game.

What you are experiencing is very common for new people, including myself when I started.

So depending where in the world it was saved at, will always load in the same spot.

So even if you load an object above the landing area, it may not be in the same place as the new build you are loading because the author of the work had the landing area in a different place and that is why it is not showing for you.

Here is the process I use to find stuff from others:

To save an object or room, select save to file - this will save your current position.

To delete EVERYTHING from the editor, select Clear props - select this after you have everything the way you like it.

To delete the current room and load a new one simply select Load from file, it will give you a conformation dialog and explain it can't be undone

To add just a single object or build to an existing build choose Merge from file.

First, I save my work when it is how I want it, and then Clear props.

Load the object I want to find and if it doesn't already have it add a huge colored object as CatKatW has mentioned earlier, save the file. I use Blinking bright red.

Once the object is saved, clear props and load the build back and then Merge the file and It will be very easy to find. 

I realize this sounds like a lot of work, cause it is, but this is the process I use.

Until the devs make a universal way to make all room conform to position we are stuck with this this way.

I hope this helps. 😃

• 1 month later...