3DXChat Community

Radio stream for all in my shared room

Auryyn

• 1 month later...
On 12/13/2022 at 6:27 PM, Ica said:

I am sorry Diana but WInamp ...well that is...welll kinda old? Standard nowadys is 320kb streaming. And if you do want a 320kb streaming you will need to spent a little bit of money - yes I know..there a ways to prevent this.

One of the cheapes streaming host is still:

https://streamerr.co/

That Premium plan is a good deal if service is reliable.

320Kbps

20 gig AutoDj.

For those in the paid worlds, there are options that you ca pay in Ray's and Lindens and negotiate better deals for six month terms with above 320 kbps (.flac), but this is very comparable.  

Nice share.

Edited by THX Builder

I don't understand why people pay a hosting site for their streaming needs.

It is way cheaper to rent a vps with unlimited bandwidth and setup an icecast server and encoder.

I pay $17 dollars a month for a VPS (VPS stands for - Virtual Private Server) with unlimited bandwidth 4 cpu 8Gb ram 100Gb SSD

I have no other costs other then the rent for the server.

I can stream 320Kbps any codec have as many concurrent simultaneous listeners I want.

I can live DJ, monetise my streams if I want ........

The possibilities are endless and I am not tied to any hosting site.

If anyone needs some help setting it up, or would like some suggestions on providers, I would be glad to help you get started. 😀

10 hours ago, SerenityWillow said:

I don't understand why people pay a hosting site for their streaming needs.

It is way cheaper to rent a vps with unlimited bandwidth and setup an icecast server and encoder.

I pay $17 dollars a month for a VPS (VPS stands for - Virtual Private Server) with unlimited bandwidth 4 cpu 8Gb ram 100Gb SSD

I have no other costs other then the rent for the server.

I can stream 320Kbps any codec have as many concurrent simultaneous listeners I want.

I can live DJ, monetise my streams if I want ........

The possibilities are endless and I am not tied to any hosting site.

If anyone needs some help setting it up, or would like some suggestions on providers, I would be glad to help you get started. 😀

Not everyone has the skill set to have a VPS and install and config icecast in a way it allows autoDJ and what not

Thats why I wanted to add a service to 3DXTools for simple radio streaming, so far no one seems to be interested in such a service as I did not get a single response, those who are DJs here already have their station setup, those wanting to stream once in a while a bit music to their room dont want to pay for it which I can understand. 

51 minutes ago, Halderim said:

Not everyone has the skill set to have a VPS and install and config icecast in a way it allows autoDJ and what not

Thats why I wanted to add a service to 3DXTools for simple radio streaming, so far no one seems to be interested in such a service as I did not get a single response, those who are DJs here already have their station setup, those wanting to stream once in a while a bit music to their room dont want to pay for it which I can understand. 

Liquidsoap on winamp even Mixx are good tool. Auto DJ is only one of the option. A free solution is Zeno

https://zeno.fm/

They even help you to set up all 

5 hours ago, MeiLing said:

Liquidsoap on winamp even Mixx are good tool. Auto DJ is only one of the option. A free solution is Zeno

I have my own server and don't need any provider for this I wanted to offer a simple and easy solution for the community here to have their own small or bigger radio station for their own room.

8 hours ago, Halderim said:

As I said I am more then happy to help others with this, and once they learn will find it really is not that difficult.

Icecast has nothing to do with setting up the DJ part of it, all icecast does is serve the stream to the internet.

The Auto DJ and Live DJ is setup in the encoder.

And again I will be happy to help anyone get started.

4 hours ago, SerenityWillow said:

As I said I am more then happy to help others with this, and once they learn will find it really is not that difficult.

Icecast has nothing to do with setting up the DJ part of it, all icecast does is serve the stream to the internet.

The Auto DJ and Live DJ is setup in the encoder.

And again I will be happy to help anyone get started.

You can setup Ices on your server upload the files and put them in a playlist and Ices streams those files directly to your Icecast server in a loop 

On 12/18/2022 at 9:02 PM, MeiLing said:

there is a icecast for windows

https://icecast.org/download/

You can stream from your own computer

Yes you are precisely right @MeiLing

If your personal computer is reachable from outside of your network.
I have Xfinity and they lock all ports down even tho they claim they don't, and I am sure many other members are in the same situation.

And the reason I suggest a server with unlimited bandwidth plan because unlike a consumer internet provider, the connection is truly unlimited.

Yes technically it is capped, but the cap is so high that the average user accounts would never be able to use as much data in 1 day so legally they can say truly unlimited.

My home unlimited internet is capped @ 1 Terabyte data usage.

From my experience from streaming music the data usage is very high especially if you stream in 320 kbps or use a lossless codec such as .flac or .wav.

But if one doesn't care about data usage and is reachable I would suggest that serving from your own computer is the best decision.

On 12/18/2022 at 10:49 AM, MeiLing said:

I use Zeno.FM | Free streaming and listening to your favorite radio stations from around the world. Sport, News, Talk, Politics and Music.

http://stream.zeno.fm/nng2gbp5wv8uv
Edited by AlexaDarkness