3DXChat Community

Search for locations

AkiraS

Hello,

I did not scroll through all the posts and headlines, therefore excuse me if i open a topic which IMHO should be on top of the list or there should be thousands of similar topics.
I'm wondering if the developer who implemented the location panel did USE it once. I can not understand why it is not possible to search for a location. For example, my friend suggests: Let's meet at "The Lake" ... nice! And I have a real hard time to find that location! Sometimes I have to ask is it on top/middle/bottom. So please improve that panel as quickly as possible!

• Add a search field
  • make the list sortable (by adding some headers to each column)

Maybe you could add a teleport option as well, so when my friend is at "The Lake" she can invite me to meet her there and if i accept i would be teleported to the place where she currently is located on that location.

Thank you so much!

Akira

To answer your first question, for the first few years of 3DX the location panel was adequate as there was rarely enough worlds to make you scroll at all, then along came the World Builder and also a huge influx of new users over the past couple of years has made it so the interface is not fit for purpose anymore and needs a good overhaul. 

10 hours ago, AkiraS said:

Hello,

I did not scroll through all the posts and headlines, therefore excuse me if i open a topic which IMHO should be on top of the list or there should be thousands of similar topics.
I'm wondering if the developer who implemented the location panel did USE it once. I can not understand why it is not possible to search for a location. For example, my friend suggests: Let's meet at "The Lake" ... nice! And I have a real hard time to find that location! Sometimes I have to ask is it on top/middle/bottom. So please improve that panel as quickly as possible!

• Add a search field
  • make the list sortable (by adding some headers to each column)

Maybe you could add a teleport option as well, so when my friend is at "The Lake" she can invite me to meet her there and if i accept i would be teleported to the place where she currently is located on that location.

Thank you so much!

Akira

The option of teleporting from room to room seems to me a good solution. I've used it in other games before.

5 hours ago, Diana Prince said:

With this method (bump your room with xgold), the users may buy additional xgold (=money for the dev). I would be surprised if it gets changed, but it would help SO much for finding a room!

There are lots of possibilities to let the users spend xgold that come to my mind. I hope they rethink their strategy to make the experience better for the end users (those are finally the ones who spend the xgold) and even for the room promoters. For example tags. When you search matches a certain tag the promoted rooms could appear in a featured list or be highlighted with color symbols etc.

Thx to the developers of this nice metaworld.

I also agree that navigating locations is very inconvenient now.

I guess EvaMarie is right that developers will not drop the idea of leveling up.

But there are numerous ways to keep leveling up and still improve user experience.

In addition to what others suggest I can think of this:

1. If user opened location For All, add direct link to this location in this user's menu (where Slow Dance and other is located) or profile.
  2. If user is in some location, add direct link to this location in the menu or profile (it may be game option - whether user wants to disclose location to all / to friends / or to none).