3DXChat Community

conniction lost

TheMia12

For a couple of years after I joined 3DXChat, I was constantly getting DCed. A friend with many years experience in IT told me that most games don't like WiFi and that I should wire my PC to my router. This has worked amazingly well until the last two updates (439 and 440) Now I'm back to being disconnected every 10-15 minutes. The strange thing is, that if I play on another computer through WiFi, I don't have that problem. Next step: Go back to Wifi and see if it works on my PC until the devs here can solve the problem.

i too have played this game for awhile and up until the last build i had  no connection problems.   now I'm lucky if i can last 15 minutes before losing connection.  Its really 

annoying when your interacting with someone and the red box of death appears "connection lost" 

Also sometimes the user interfaces will not load correctly ...i cant read profiles , or  friends list does not come up (shows all are offline).   Im on a pc that is connected directly to the router and not using wi-fi     I ran the test program and it said that the DNS FOR 3DXCHAT API  failed ..ill try changing the DNS but i really think its a build problem as nothing has changed in my system .