3DXChat Community

Gift Prostitutes

AlphaKing

What a sad topic... as usual.

Β 

If prostitution is your kink then I guess it's fine.

I don't mind as long as this doesn't turn into Achat where whole game is one big prostitution service.

If it start to turn into that then, I hope devs out right ban it. As it will change whole community and attitude of almost everyone and every newcomer.

Β 

I am here a year, I would never pay any girl or guy here gift for sex.

You should be happy I let you come with me and not ask me for gift LOL.

Β 

If I pay you 1 - 3 gifts? How do I know your RP is good?

Where's my refund if I didn't like it?

Β 

Cus honestly one of the people who is self proclaimed prostitute here (with huge amount of gifts)

Her RP is on level of average colder.

I would be struck down by lightning first than pay for that.

Β 

Β 

Β 

One colourful popcorn Twiggy!

Thank you!

Prostitution is like any other job. In most jurisdictions it is perfectly legal, and in those fundamentalist societies that is not, it is always tolerated in one form or another, understanding its necessity.

Β 

In game though, there is no material gain from being a "prostitute", so even technically it does not qualify as such. Unless everyone who plays call of duty is a terrorist, and half the counter-strike players terrorists.

Β 

This is not real life, how hard is it to understand?

I think my friend Jessika put it the best. I've been here since September, so not as long as a lot of people but I feel I've been around long enough to have seen my fair share of things. As a whole the community is pretty good, but there always seem to be very vocal people about the way that they play, and the way they feel others should be forced to play.

Β 

Nothing is as polar in a society as sex. One person may have a sexual fetish that repulses another. Is it right for the person that finds it repulsive to dictate how the other person should act? Why is one person entitled to their sexual fantasy while the other is not? I remember there being so much vitriol over people editing their bodies with CE to get larger breasts/arms/etc than was currently allowed. I mean people were really upset over this. Why? If someone wants large arms or a large chest (just using the most common examples) why can't they? Does it have a detrimental affect on anyone else?

Β 

It doesn't, just like gift prostitution has no effect on anyone that doesn't participate in it. I think brothels are a novel idea, and although I don't participate in them, I have friends that do and I don't judge them just because they find something attractive that I don't. I'm not into bondage and dom/sub play but I know a lot of people in the community are, I support all of them and wouldn't for a second want to stop them from acting out their fantasies.

Β 

The other point I would like to touch on are gifts. Not talking to someone just because the have large number of gifts is only hurting you. You can tell a lot by a person by looking at their gifts. It's quite easy to differentiate a person who received their gifts from sexual conquests or from genuine friends. Realistically the number of gifts is more just a measure of how long you've been around, as just about any person will begin to accrue gifts as they make friends and relationships.

Β 

I would love to see people just generally be more accepting of others. Understand that people have different sexual fetishes and as small as our community is, we need to be more inclusive as a whole. We're all here together and the more pleasant everyone is, the more likely people will stay and slowly our community will grow.

Yay! Well said Amanada and Bai and several others in this thread.

Β 

I wish to each their own fun, as long as it isn't directly hurting, taking advantage of, or otherwise mistreating anyone else that isn't a consenting informed participant.

Β 

For those that wish to profit from their own talents, whatever their product might be, if it follows the above, why not? Especially here in this virtual playground?

Yay! Well said Amanada and Bai and several others in this thread.

Β 

I wish to each their own fun, as long as it isn't directly hurting, taking advantage of, or otherwise mistreating anyone else that isn't a consenting informed participant.

Β 

For those that wish to profit from their own talents, whatever their product might be, if it follows the above, why not? Especially here in this virtual playground?

Agreed, as long as they don't turn the game into another RLC or others with VoIP, blogs with pics IRL, etc. Not because there is anything wrong with that, but rather because there are better places for that.

It is an acknowledged fact in the game that women with more gifts are harder so get to bed. So before I approach a woman, I see her profile and also see the number of gifts received. If she has a lot, I will not approach her. This means that women with less number of gifts get approached more often which is liked by some but is disliked by others as they get too many requests.

Β 

If someone is allowed to show how many gifts he has given, then that will lead him to having an easier time to bed women than the non gifting fellows out there.

Β 

I'm basically cursed for having friends who appreciate everything I do for them and because of this a lot of people are afraid to even talk to me. I really do wish people did not see the amount of gifts I have because I can be out there for hours without anyone talking to me and this encourages me to make a new character or delete my gifts because the amount of gifts I have is just too damn intimidating.

Β 

I really really hate this "fact" >.<

Never knew the amount of gifts someone had was such a big deal for some people.

Β 

It would be nice however to have the option of sending a public or private gift. Since there are times when you want to send a more personal message with your gift and don't want the rest of 3dx reading it

if people want to gift you they can , most of my gifts are usally from people who are trying to locate me in the game or talk to me (not sex related) , makes it a little harder to talk to your friends without having a private message feature from your friends list without seeing them in the same room

Β 

i think gifts were a great idea

Guest Twiggy

I'm basically cursed for having friends who appreciate everything I do for them and because of this a lot of people are afraid to even talk to me. I really do wish people did not see the amount of gifts I have because I can be out there for hours without anyone talking to me and this encourages me to make a new character or delete my gifts because the amount of gifts I have is just too damn intimidating.

Β 

I really really hate this "fact" >.<

Β 

Believe me, loosing all your gifts makes very little difference, except for when you have none or just a few and new people think you are new as well.

I am very new to this game and already I have seen 4-5 female characters claiming to be gift prostitutes. They didn't tell me this in chat, they were bold enough to put this in their profile which is accessible to everyone.

Β 

In a game where prostitution is not allowed, how did this happen?

Β 

I'm aware that long before I joined xgold transfer was allowed in the game and then banned because it led to prostitution. Now gifts are being used instead, so the problem hasn't really gone away has it?

Β 

I like to study social behavior and happen to know that prostitution has been known to occur in every stage of human development where an incentive has been provided to have sex. It can be anything: coins, fish and something even as unusable in real life as a gift in 3DXChat.

Β 

While I have starting reporting (with screenshots) profiles of Gift Prostitutes, I know it's not really a solution. The solution is to take away the incentive for having sex.

Β 

My suggestion for doing this:

Β 

Do not show the number of gifts given or received to anyone except the owner of the profile. A gift given/received is an exchange between 2 individuals, let it be that way and let's not make it something to show off to the world.

Β 

It is an acknowledged fact in the game that women with more gifts are harder so get to bed. So before I approach a woman, I see her profile and also see the number of gifts received. If she has a lot, I will not approach her. This means that women with less number of gifts get approached more often which is liked by some but is disliked by others as they get too many requests.

Β 

If someone is allowed to show how many gifts he has given, then that will lead him to having an easier time to bed women than the non gifting fellows out there.

Β 

Another solution is to make all gifts free:Β 

Β 

Gifts are a way to show appreciation for your partner. If I have to spend money to give them that gift, isn't that in some way the same as me giving them money? It's a little difficult for those to understand who have never paid for XGold, I get that.

All gifts should be free, but if given/received figures are available to anyone except the account holder, it will lead to prostitution.

Β 

Β 

We all pay the same amount for the game, all I'm asking for is a level playing field.

LOL

Β its a SEX game, you know SEX, that's whyΒ  we are here SEX, whether it is SEX with aΒ GF or BF or god forbid for a gift, its SEX in a SEX game!

Β 

who's bought the POPCORN ?? as I just ran out!!!!!

Β 

Β 

Β 

JUST SAYIN

So I just read the rules and I would like to know which of them is being violated.

Β 

Closest I can come up with is:

Β 

2.05. All types of exchange, or other options for the transfer of accounts from one user to another are forbidden, in all game channels.

Β 

Honestly, that smacks more of things being done with accounts themselves being transferred or traded between players. There's nothing in the rules that I can see actually makes the trading of any sort of virtual currency for virtual sex or sexual favors a violation. There is the mention of not encouraging illegal activities, but trading money for virtual sex is not actally illegal anywhere I know of. That's how these sex chat phone lines continue to operate and even advertise publically on television.

Β 

I guess maybe it'd be a good idea to actually get clarification on what official rule(s) Gift Prostitution, or any sort of prostitution, violates here. Because, honestly, I'm not seeing it.

I am pretty confident that it doesn't break any rule really. At least, if the person is getting gift for a service. It not really. It really more symbolic and for the roleplay then a actual income.Β 

Is it something I am into ? No, but that is not the matter here. :) Personal taste, values and rules are two different things that shouldn't be mixes.Β 

Β 

I just wish personally that the prostitution in 3dxChat stay a fantasy to indulge and that it doesn't turn into a trend by implementing ways to get real value item or actual income. It not the kind of thing you can do lightly and I think it would hurt the general mood of the community. Β Β 

I am very new to this game and already I have seen 4-5 female characters claiming to be gift prostitutes. They didn't tell me this in chat, they were bold enough to put this in their profile which is accessible to everyone.

Β 

In a game where prostitution is not allowed, how did this happen?

Β 

I'm aware that long before I joined xgold transfer was allowed in the game and then banned because it led to prostitution. Now gifts are being used instead, so the problem hasn't really gone away has it?

Β 

I like to study social behavior and happen to know that prostitution has been known to occur in every stage of human development where an incentive has been provided to have sex. It can be anything: coins, fish and something even as unusable in real life as a gift in 3DXChat.

Β 

While I have starting reporting (with screenshots) profiles of Gift Prostitutes, I know it's not really a solution. The solution is to take away the incentive for having sex.

Β 

My suggestion for doing this:

Β 

Do not show the number of gifts given or received to anyone except the owner of the profile. A gift given/received is an exchange between 2 individuals, let it be that way and let's not make it something to show off to the world.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Another solution is to make all gifts free:Β 

Β 

Gifts are a way to show appreciation for your partner. If I have to spend money to give them that gift, isn't that in some way the same as me giving them money? It's a little difficult for those to understand who have never paid for XGold, I get that.

All gifts should be free, but if given/received figures are available to anyone except the account holder, it will lead to prostitution.

Β 

Β 

We all pay the same amount for the game, all I'm asking for is a level playing field.

Thank you, now we know what busy bodies we need to put on ignore because they can't mind their business and let other people have their own fantasy.

Where will it stop ?

Puuuh...what is this ? The holy inquisition reloaded ?

You guys pointing the fingers... just look out of your window, or even better, go out and see the world...maybe in your neighbours house...there is some violence going on...look what ugly things just happen every day in the news...disgusting.

And you point the finger against 3dxchat role players who just want to have fun and feel a bit kinky -Β  doing nothing bad to no one in here (no real money deals in here as far i can see...just simply symbolic gifts)

Come back to reality pls...let's be serious, then this issue here is just ridiculous...

Sorry for beeing so rough, but in these times where violence and terrorism is a daily fact, my reaction to such point of views is quite a hard one.

i don't want to point my finger against you aswell...but let's give a break and let people enjoy - in the name of tolerance.

Enjoy - make love and not war - peace

:)

Guest Kitty

I personally think this is a silly thread it's a game have fun with it some like to live out some fantasies let them do it the way thery want no one is forcing them to pay for sex thery get an offer is just a matter of them saying yes or no... you get xgold for free every day you sign in so how much are you really paying and if you are really paying for more xgold just means you are supporting the devs more in making more content by giving them the extra credit