3DXChat Community

Network Error!

LFB

17 hours ago, LFB said:

Sorry but, this cant do anything it´s only a editor file... kept it open fo 10 minutes without any movement.

image.thumb.png.83e4dfb78c4e931a69f67fa6d296545c.png

It should be launched in powershell and not the editor, as the picture in the guide shows: Run with PowerShell

For Windows 11 users it's a bit further down on the list: image.png.0bf0ef76ead882e3b7bb50053341f4c5.png

Edited by MissD
Windows 11 picture added

• 10 months later...
7 hours ago, XLuciferxPrideX said:

this is what i get with self test but literally everything is running fine i've done net speed tests and i'm good but it's still giving me network error

Screenshot_5.png

As MeiLing said, your connection is being blocked either by your router or your ISP, try using a different VPN service, I have used ProtonVPN in the past and know that it works with 3DXChat.

This was discussed in discord and this is what Feuermond had this to say about it, may shed some light on this issue:

I guess it is not done by SexGameDevil themselves but by the DDoS defense system. DDoS is not easy to defend. They try to detect vectors and patterns of the attack and then block them mostly by letting them run into the void. The point is I think, they do not block just one IP but a whole address block or a whole route in the net. If you now are in the same IP block or route you get blocked too as collateral damage.

With 3DXChat I face the most IP blocks but already had that on the 3DXModz site too. What I wonder a bit about is that the number of blocked IP is highest for 3DXChat. I have Discord running even longer, nearly 24/7 and never had this problem. So I wonder a bit if 3DX or its datacenter really faces more attacks than others or if others have a better differentiated detection and defense system.

If you use VPN it’s easy to get another IP address but having had already 3 German IPs in a row blocked on the European entry point got me angry though, was like gambling to find a working IP. At times I see this as another issue SGD needs to work on. Not all disconnects might be caused by the DDoS defense but some show patterns that match to methods of DDoS defense too. (edited)
August 26, 2023

So trying different countries on your VPN may solve it, but if the IP of the VPN's proxy server you are connecting to itself may be in a block that is rejected by the DDoS scanner.

So a way to trouble shoot that is, try different VPN providers and see if that helps.