3DXChat Community

Favorite Quotes

Guest Mattttt

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”

Dr. Seuss

Great quote, Caine.

Here's one of my favourites:

"One word frees us from all the weight and pain of life, that word is love."

― Sophocles

“You may not be her first, her last, or her only. She loved before she may love again. But if she loves you now, what else matters? She's not perfect—you aren't either, and the two of you may never be perfect together but if she can make you laugh, cause you to think twice, and admit to being human and making mistakes, hold onto her and give her the most you can. She may not be thinking about you every second of the day, but she will give you a part of her that she knows you can break—her heart. So don't hurt her, don't change her, don't analyze and don't expect more than she can give. Smile when she makes you happy, let her know when she makes you mad, and miss her when she's not there.”

"Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse."

Inquisitor Titus Drake

For the Emperor (Novel) - Ciaphas Cain: Hero of the Imperium (Omnibus) by Sandy Mitchell, Ch. 9, p. 155

Those who are faithless know the pleasures of love; it is the faithful who know love's tragedies.  --  Oscar Wilde

This is absolute truth right there...very well said.

Here is one that I like:

"A pair of powerful spectacles has sometimes sufficed to cure a person in love." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Guest Suikazura

Korben Dallas: Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English.

[Leeloo continues to talk in divine language]

Korben Dallas: Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all for conversation, but maybe you could just shut up for a moment?

The Fifth Element.

Guest Suikazura

Ron White: If I could offer one piece of advice to the planet, it would be this: Don't marry for looks alone, and I'll tell you why. In a few years, when Barbara's boobs start sagging, she can get plastic surgery, have them lifted, move the nipple wherever. You can actually go to a titty bar, pick out a set of titties and say, "I want those titties on that woman." If her belly gets too big, she can get a tummy tuck and have a belly like a cheerleader. If her vision goes bad, you can have LASIK surgery and have 20/20 vision. If her hearing goes bad, they can install a device in her ear that will give you hearing as clear as it was the day you were born. But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever.

Ron White, You Can't Fix Stupid

You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

Abraham Lincoln  (no it is not from a book or movie but I still like it)

There are two kinds of scientific progress: the methodical experimentation and categorization which gradually extend the boundaries of knowledge, and the revolutionary leap of genius which redefines and transcends those boundaries. Acknowledging our debt to the former, we yearn, nonetheless, for the latter.Academician Prokhor Zakharov