3DXChat Community

porte à mi hauteur / half-height door

Khallum Troy

🇫🇷 Bonsoir,

J'ai fait une petite douche d'extérieur pour la plage, et j'aimerais faire une petite porte à mi hauteur. Vous voyez le genre ? Juste pour cacher le corps.
J'ai utilisé l'élément "rideau". J'ai fais mes petites planches de bois avec. Jusque là, tout va bien.
Problème, je n'arrive pas à passer à travers...
Quelqu'un aurait une idée, de la façon dont je pourrais faire ça ?

🇺🇸 Good evening,

I made a small outdoor shower for the beach, and I would like to make a small door at half height. Can you see the type? Just to hide the body.
I used the "curtain" element. I made my little wooden boards with it. So far, so good.
Problem, I can't get through...
Does anyone have any idea how I could do this?

The "curtains" must have full height to allow going though (above the height of the avi, especially for women due to the heels, I guess).

Les "rideaux" doivent avoir l'hauteur complet pour passer à travers (un morceau plus que l'hauteur de l'avi, surtout pour les femmes, a cause des talons, je crois)

15 hours ago, CatKatW said:

The "curtains" must have full height to allow going though (above the height of the avi, especially for women due to the heels, I guess).

Les "rideaux" doivent avoir l'hauteur complet pour passer à travers (un morceau plus que l'hauteur de l'avi, surtout pour les femmes, a cause des talons, je crois)

🇫🇷 Bonjour,

C'est dommage. Merci pour ton aide.

🇺🇸 Good afternoon,

That's too bad... Thanks for your help.

On 9/14/2022 at 8:30 AM, Ica said:

Use one of the curtain object`s and scale it to 0.001 thickness :)

Screenshot 2022-09-14 083008.png

Bonjour,

Oh ça a l'air super! Je vais essayer alors. Merci beaucoup pour le conseil.

Hello,

Oh that sounds great! I'll give it a try then. Thanks a lot for the advice.

15 hours ago, Ica said:

Screenshot 2022-09-17 013616.png

🇫🇷 Oui, c'est ce que j'ai fait. J'ai déjà utilisé des rideaux pour faire des portes.
Mais là, avec mon modèle de porte, ça ne fonctionne pas... Je ne sais pas pourquoi...
J'ai utilisé la même valeur de 0.001 d'épaisseur et ça ne fonctionne pas. La preuve en photo.

🇺🇸 Yes, that's what I did. I've used curtains to make doors before.
But here, with my door model, it doesn't work... I don't know why...
I used the same value of 0.001 thickness and it doesn't work. The proof is in the picture.

1 hour ago, Ica said:

Did you try it with a other room like I did? I did test it with an old room before the update and yesterday with a new room... It should work. There is nothing grouped or any other object?

🇫🇷 Cette room, est une room que j'ai eut il y a quelques mois. Depuis, j'y ai apporté des modifications, pour mon usage personnel, avant et après la mise à jour.
Donc non, je n'ai pas essayé de faire ma porte dans une room. Je ne sais pas quelle incidence cela pourrait avoir...
D'autre part, oui il y a d'autres objets groupés, mais là encore, je ne vois pas quelle incidence cela pourrait avoir.
J'ai déjà fait des portes, avant, notamment une dans ma maison et cela n'a pas posé de problème.

🇺🇸 This room, is a room I got a few months ago. Since then, I have made some modifications, for my own use, before and after the upgrade.
So no, I did not try to make my door in a room. I don't know what impact that would have...
On the other hand, yes there are other grouped items, but again, I don't see what impact that would have.
I've made doors before, including one in my house, and it was no problem.

56 minutes ago, EvaMarie said:

I use a lot of curtains in my room instead of "doors", and some flat ones to make real doors too. Everything is scaled and adapted to my needs and still works without problems after the update. There must be another reason for your problem

🇫🇷"J'utilise beaucoup de rideaux dans ma chambre au lieu de "portes", et quelques plats pour faire de vraies portes aussi. Tout est mis à l'échelle et adapté à mes besoins et fonctionne toujours sans problème après la mise à jour."
Oui, moi aussi, jusqu'à présent.

"Il doit y avoir une autre raison à votre problème."
Oui, en effet, c'est pour cela que j'ai ouvert ce sujet. Afin de voir si d'autres personnes ont été confrontés à ce problème et s'ils auraient des solutions à m'apporter. Pour le moment, je suis coincé.

🇺🇸 "I use a lot of curtains in my room instead of "doors", and some flats to make real doors too. Everything is scaled and tailored to my needs and still works flawlessly after the upgrade."
Yeah, me too, so far.

"There must be another reason for your problem."
Yes, indeed, that's why I opened this topic. To see if other people have faced this problem and if they would have any solutions for me. Right now, I'm stuck.

15 minutes ago, MeiLing said:

Try to put the top of the curtain on the wall. Rotate 90°. It should work. Be sure that the top is inside the wall

image.thumb.jpeg.d908a0639f87447f252de3527c99db3d.jpeg

🇫🇷 Regarde le modèle de ma porte, un peu plus haut. Celle-ci, ce n'est pas ma porte. J'ai mis une photo.
Je pense que ta suggestion, ça ne sera pas possible.

🇺🇸 Look at the model of my door, a little higher. This one is not my door. I put a picture of it.
I think your suggestion, it's not going to be possible.

48 minutes ago, Ica said:

Maybe your room is broken. Well...dunno. You should set up a new room with two objects and try in general if you are able to walk through (exclusion method)

🇫🇷 Je vais essayer de la faire dans une autre room. On verra bien.

🇺🇸 I will try to do it in another room. We'll see.

Had a play around with this and worked out what was happening. 

The curtain has a part in it that is solid, it probably has from the start but most people wouldnt come across this as your placing that solid part out of the way so it doesnt become a problem.

To show this, I placed a curtain in the world, this is untouched, just clicked from the editor and placed, it cannot be walked through if placed  like this.

door4.JPG

If you flip the the curtain around 180 degrees, it can be walked through, so as its placed, the top of the curtain has the solid part in it.

door5.JPG

The pic below shows approx size of the solid part... This is a curtain flattened a little and turned on its side, and this is how you fix your problem.  You need to  make sure the solid part is placed so it doesnt get in the way of your walk through.

door6.JPG

Edited by JenC

4 hours ago, CatKatW said:

As Khallum wants a door that doesn't touch neither the floor or the ceiling, I guess a 90º rotation (as suggested by MeiLing) would work, as long as the "solid" parts are hidden in the walls.

Yes, MeiLing is correct, I am just repeating what she said with a bit more details. )