3DXChat Community

Can't broadcast music

Voing

I have been following tutorials on how to broadcast and queue up my own music in rooms, however Winamp will no cooperate with me. I've downloaded winamp and got a listen2myradio.com account but winamp keeps giving me an error saying i am missing a dll file for the mp3 encoder. I downloaded the file and installed in the file it asks but I get the same error. The file is literally in every folder in the winamp directory so i have no idea why it does not find it. None of the tutorials I have read through even talk about this, so I am at an impasse and don't have a clue where to go and anything I try to search up is outdated information. I must have downloaded 4 different encoders and none of them seem to fix the issue.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas on how I can mitigate this I would greatly appreciate it!

• 10 months later...

Your problem is more than likely Winamp. Winamp sucks for what you are trying to use it for. You would have better luck using something like Mixxx.

It is the only free alternative that I know of besides Fubar 2000. Fubar 2000 is very difficult to setup for streaming online radio.

I use a paid version called Radio Boss and works very well and very easy to configure. It even has a built-in encoder as well which eliminates the need for Shoutcast or Icecast.