3DXChat Community

New Feature: Nameless Volumes

Xaufin

While I appreciate the effort put into fixing bugs, some of the bugs enabled things in this game that are now no longer possible.
Names being hidden below 0 elevation was useful to have, even if not an intended feature.

What I would suggest is adding a new World Editor object called a Nameless Volume, or perhaps Bedroom Volume.
A simple resizable cube-shaped trigger collider that hides the nametags of those who walk inside. This would be no more difficult or performance-intensive than culling names by distance or portal triggers, both of which are already in the game!

The primary application would be in giving more privacy to occupied bedroom spaces, as well as other hidden areas that certain rooms make use of.

It's important that room owners have more flexibility in the type of environment they provide, rather than just assuming all players want the same settings.

On 9/5/2022 at 12:57 AM, Xizi said:

I like that idea. 

I think it also would be nice to add an option to disable flying camera in the room's settings to create a more immersive, realistic and private experience. I know that some people probably would dislike it, but hey... no one forcing them to stay in such a room. 

On 9/5/2022 at 3:01 AM, Xaufin said:

Yeah. Rooms could use a lot of settings to tailor their experiences.

Yes please.