3DXChat Community

Um, Gold please?

KellyMorris

If they lowered the price they would make more money and people would be a lot happier, supply and demand would make you a lot more money at a lower price than this tbh.

If I made my name the way I like it, I would pay 143,000xCoins, which would be the equivalent of €150 for one month.

But I don't see €150 a month, not that I don't have the money, but that's far from reality

Of course, not everyone has to use the feature, and whether you need it is an open question, but many just want something to look at.

It's up to you, but the prices are simply not related.

Of course you support the developers with it, but as I said, the price is up for debate.

It's simple marketing, but when you set the price so high, many may not be able to afford it either, as I said if the price were less you would make more money in bulk.

And you don't have to ask yourself whether you need it or not, every person is different, to each their own.

I know what I'm talking about, I run my own business and I'm self-employed, but pricing that high is the wrong way to generate money and I think it's in the interest of 3DX, it is no bad reproach just a little help, It's just my constructive opinion on the subject.

Edited by TaylorJ

1 hour ago, Xizi said:

I hope it's never going to come to this.

I wasn't really intending to encourage that idea, but it is a model used with some success by other competitors.

Value for money 3DxChat is far in advance of any other, and I wouldn't want them making such changes, but they do have to make money to give us  a  quality product.

And personally I think renting is the wrong way to go, especially more so when asking exorbitant prices ! for something that has no practical use in game.

As it seems quite unlikely (but I would love to be proven wrong) that the devs are going to change this, I've found my own to react to such insane pricing kodel:

I have started to put everyone with such customized name simply on ignore.

Maybe more will follow this idea, which might lead the devs to re-think what they have done and make some meaningful changes.

In case that they would continue, obviously there is the option to leave , which I will likely take - but I would assume here, the d evs don't care as one stupid person paying for such customised name is far more worth for the devs than several players leaving.

4 hours ago, Gypsy said:

What a silly excuse to put someone on ignore... I can imagine the reaction like: Wow ! she put me on ignore because i dared to use the color name feature." 🤣

So much complaint for something that we are not even forced to use. We can even decide to don't see the customized names in the options so ignoring peoples because they use customized names is just silly.

Edited by Leeloo

6 hours ago, Gypsy said:

2 hours ago, Leeloo said:

What a silly excuse to put someone on ignore... I can imagine the reaction like: Wow ! she put me on ignore because i dared to use the color name feature." 🤣

So much complaint for something that we are not even forced to use. We can even decide to don't see the customized names in the options so ignoring peoples because they use customized names is just silly.

Yeah, I kind of agree with putting everyone on ignore for having a custom name.... because if all your friends go coloured, what a boring life you will lead

17 hours ago, Gypsy said:

That feels kinda unfair, there is an option to not to see colourful names. But I think I understand your idea.

Colourful names are the first step in a direction the game could take... and a dangerous decision because of the, in my opinion, insane prices.

25 minutes ago, Xaufin said:

Settings -> Game -> Display other colored names: false
It's already there

While there's no need to yet as there is not that many, in the Beta everyone was given a million gold so almost everyone was using them to the max and a room that was full of flashing names on the dance floor became a technicolour blob mess that was illegible. 

On 9/2/2022 at 9:20 PM, Whimsy said:

So ? Could be a million for all i care. No one is forcing anyone to buy, rent or use it. If we had to pay to hide the names, that would be a different story.

So you're fine with being exclusive to Names but wait until it finds it way into clothes and the poses. I'm sure you'll care then because you can bet your last dollar that it's coming in the future. Just the first test of a cash grab.

13 hours ago, BellaGirl said:

So you're fine with being exclusive to Names but wait until it finds it way into clothes and the poses. I'm sure you'll care then because you can bet your last dollar that it's coming in the future. Just the first test of a cash grab.

Last time I made a bet, it was on whether Trump would be president or not, and I won almost a grand going against what "the rest of the world" knew to be true with absolute certainty.

I do not pretend to know what the developers are thinking and what they may or may not do, but I have seen the changes they have done to the game since I first launched it back in 2014, and they have for the better part been done in the spirit of improving it, rather than a "cash grab", but yes, you could be right. And if you are , and it becomes a "pay trough microtransactions to get things regular subscribers don`t have access to" I will deal with the issue then, and not in some hypothetical scenario, as I have serious doubts that it will happen.

4 hours ago, Whimsy said:

I will deal with the issue then, and not in some hypothetical scenario, as I have serious doubts that it will happen.

I'm saying this is a guaranteed scenario just to open your eyes to the possibility of it. Just like T***p there's a chance.

The thing is that nobody force anyone to buy xgold, you can just be patient and "buy" the name color with only free xgold. The basic colors are "only" 10000 so it can be earned in a bit more than one month if not less when connecting everyday.

About the clothes, i don't think they will make us to pay for them because the politics of the game is to pay the fee and have access to all clothes and poses for free after that. If they change this, they will lose a big big big part of the customers. 

Edited by Leeloo

1 hour ago, Leeloo said:

The thing is that nobody force anyone to buy xgold, you can just be patient and "buy" the name color with only free xgold.

The problem with this logic is that it can be used to justify anything related to xgold. Even adding clothes / poses for xgold. Like... "Oh? You want this dress that costs 20k? No one forces you to invest any money aside of your subscription fee! Just wait 2 months and its yours! Oh, you also want these new sexy heels? Well I am sorry its 50k, so yeah, 5 months waiting... But hey, no one forces you to pay!"

I mean it works same way in many mobile games where you can instantly get something that others need months to achieve. 

So I really hope that this microtransactions system not going to be extended further.  

Its already enough to pay for gallery slots in geometric progression. I really never going to understand why its SO pricy while the final quality of images in our galleries are so low (Our pics getting compressed VERY hard). 

To save storage on server? What a bullshit, places like MEGA and some other file servers providing a few GBs of space for people for FREE, and here we, while being paying customers, cant even load our images in a good quality (which probably anyway would not take more than 100mb of space for the whole gallery. Hell, they could at least keep the original quality of the images, if its not bigger than 2-3 mbs which is only like 20-30 mbs for a 10 slot gallery!). And its all while to get a 11th slot (for example) we need to pay fucking 76800 xgold!!

Honestly, I love 3dxchat, I play this game for almost 4 years, sometimes less, sometimes more, but generally its a very nice game/metaverse (call it how you prefer) and I love the idea of subscription/p2p - because its just much more fair than "free" to play games, but... The monetization in 3dxchat was always so weird. Insane prices on a shitty quality gallery slots, now insane prices to RENT, not even to get, but just to RENT, colorful names, room boosts that stop working the second when another person boost their room so you can spend 300 xgold for a few seconds of boost. 

4 hours ago, Xizi said:

To save storage on server? (...) is only like 20-30 mbs for a 10 slot gallery!

Don't forget that the gallery is kept for *all* players, even those not playing anymore (accounts are not deleted, as far as I know). Thus you will need to multiply that storage amount by 5000? 10000? 50000? maybe more.

I know games that allow you to post 100+ pics (free), others that allow only 1 at a time (and not free!). So, 3DX policy seems reasonable for me.

4 hours ago, Xizi said:

Honestly, I love 3dxchat, (...) insane prices to RENT, not even to get, but just to RENT, colorful names, room boosts that stop working the second when another person boost their room so you can spend 300 xgold for a few seconds of boost. 

Totally in agreement about this. I only think calling it "insane" is too mild 

1 hour ago, CatKatW said:

Don't forget that the gallery is kept for *all* players, even those not playing anymore (accounts are not deleted, as far as I know). Thus you will need to multiply that storage amount by 5000? 10000? 50000? maybe more.

Lets say its even 100.000

How much pics an average players has in their gallery? Yes, there can be some very old players who also maybe love making alts and they may have like 3 avatars and everyone has 10 pics and they have like 30 pics in total or even more. But its very little amount of people like this I guess. There is also can be someone who was playing just one month and all they have is 5 pics. There also can be an old player, but who don't do alts and just play one avi. Many different scenarios, but I don't think that if we take an average numbers - it will be more than 15 or so pics per person. So... 2 mbs per pic. 30 mbs per person in average. 0.03 GB. 0.03 GB x 100.000 = 3000 GB = 3 TB. Plus lets say a couple terabytes more for future. Is it too much? 5 TB is too much?

Okay if its too much, there are other options. They can for example make a script that deletes gallery pics if person had no active subscription for year. It will limit the numbers very much. Down to like 20.000 I guess if not less.  So it will be 0.6 TB for current people and maybe 1 TB in case online going to grow. 

1 TB is also too much? Well if ONE additional TB of space is too much to spend to give more comfort and joy to paying customers... I dunno... That's just weird. 

I am, like many people here, using discord. Without nitro, I have a basic free version. Do you know how much space I used to upload pics and gifs there over the few years I use it? I honestly have no idea, but probably several GBs at best, maybe 10+ GBs or even more. It allows 8mb per one picture. For a free user.

But in the same time I pay for 3dxchat - and asking to give me 2mb per pic in gallery where slots after 10th one cost terrible amounts of xgold is... too much? 

I thought the whole point of the subscription, per Gizmo's own words was that with the subscription to play, "all in-game content comes with the subscription," or something to that effect. The photo slots were just one-time xGold sinks that get progressively more expensive, but players can easily obtain a pretty decent amount of slots.

It seems not only has he changed his tune since, but the name thing is a massive cash grab, since even the most basic color change would require you to sign in for 300 consecutive days or so just to keep the name color change year over year. Just about anything more is coming out-of-pocket.

This isn't a good look, whether people want the flashy names or not.

🇫🇷 Encore une option que je n'ai pas l'intention d'utiliser, tant que cela ne sera pas à un prix raisonnable.

Si encore, payer 40 000 XGold, pour une customisation de nom (petit logos, brillance, couleur etc) était pour six mois, ou un an, avec la possibilité de pouvoir changer la couleur à notre convenance durant ce temps là, histoire de changer un peu, je dirais, pourquoi pas. Cela me paraitrait un peu plus juste.
Là, je trouve cela juste fou et surréaliste. Mais il y a des gens qui  aiment ça, et qui l'utilisent !! (c'est ça le plus fou). A mon avis, les devs ne sont pas prêts de le changer du coup.

C'est un point qui a été relevé et exposé aux devs durant l'ouverture de la béta pour le test. Ils n'en n'ont rien fait. Ils l'ont quand même appliqué. A mon sens, c'est stupide, mais bon. Tout le monde ne pense pas comme moi.
De plus, bon, ce n'est qu'une option. Ce n'est pas obligatoire. (Heureusement).

Alors à moins que personne, je dis bien, personne n'utilise cette option, ce qui serait la seule façon de leur faire comprendre qu'ils se sont trompés et qu'ils doivent changer certaines choses à ce niveau là, tant qu'il y aura des personnes pour l'utiliser, ils ne la changeront pas.

C'est un peu comme le mariage dans 3DXChat. Un mariage cheap, en mode Les Sims. (J'adore les sims au passage).
On nous donne cette option, (qui n'est pas obligatoire), sans les vêtements et ou accessoires pour ça !

Ce n'est que depuis peu que les femmes ont une robe de mariée, mais les hommes, (enfin pour ceux qui utilisent des avatars hommes), on n'a pas un vrai smoking ou costume cravate digne de ce nom !!!

Beaucoup me disent : "vous avez le pantalon, la veste et la chemise." Oui d'accord, et ? Cela n'est toujours pas un smoking ou un vrai costume cravate. En plus, je dois me taper le luxe, de porter des chaussures, sans chaussettes... Super...
On m'a même dit : "vous avez le noeud papillon." Qui a déjà mis le noeud papillon de strip teaseurs, sur la chemise et la veste que l'on a ? Franchement, c'est moche et c'est juste ridicule. Si je dois me marier, j'ai envie d'être beau et élégant pour la mariée ! Ce qui est bien normal ! Enfin je pense...

Là où je veux en venir, c'est que s'il y a bien un jour, où l'on doit faire un effort vestimentaire, c'est bien jour comme celui-là ! Surtout si c'est vous qui devez vous marier !
De ce fait, j'ai aussi décidé, à contre coeur, de ne pas me marier, tant que quelque chose ne serait pas pour nous les hommes. En tout cas ceux qui utilisent des avatars hommes. Cela n'est bien entendu, pas du goût de ma petite amie, mais j'assume.

🇺🇸 This is another option that I don't intend to use, as long as it is not at a reasonable price.

If paying 40 000 XGold, for a name customization (small logos, gloss, color etc) was for six months, or one year, with the possibility to change the color at our convenience during this time, just to change a little, I would say, why not. That would seem a little more fair to me.
Right now, I just find it crazy and surreal. But there are people who like it, and who use it! (that's the crazy part). In my opinion, the devs are not going to change it now.

This is a point that was raised and exposed to the devs during the opening of the beta for testing. They didn't do anything about it. They did it anyway. In my opinion, it's stupid, but hey. Not everyone thinks like me.
Besides, well, it's only an option. It's not mandatory. (Fortunately).

So unless nobody, I mean nobody, uses this option, which would be the only way to make them realize that they've made a mistake and that they need to change some things about it, as long as there are people using it, they won't change it.

It's a bit like the wedding in 3DXChat. A cheap wedding, in The Sims mode (I love The Sims by the way).
We are given this option, (which is not mandatory), without the clothes and or accessories for that!

It is only recently that women have a wedding dress, but men, (well for those who use male avatars), we do not have a real tuxedo or suit and tie worthy of the name!

Many tell me, "you have the pants, jacket and shirt." Yeah right, and...? That's still not a tuxedo or a real suit and tie. Plus, I have the luxury, of wearing shoes, without socks.... Great...
I was even told, "you have the bow tie." Who ever put the stripper bow tie on, over the shirt and jacket you have? Frankly, it's ugly and it's just ridiculous. If I'm going to get married, I want to be beautiful and elegant for the bride! What is quite normal! I think...

What I'm getting at is that if there is a day when you have to make an effort to dress up, it's a day like this one! Especially if you are the one who has to get married!
Therefore, I also decided, against my heart, not to get married, as long as something would not be for us men. At least those who use male avatars. This is of course not to my girlfriend's taste, but I assume.

• 2 weeks later...