3DXChat Community

Um, Gold please?

KellyMorris

I'm sure I'm not the only one that is wondering "what the hell are the people at 3dx thinking?" 

~$90 US to make my name "wave"?
~$15 to change the color?
~$15 to put a little symbol above?
~$8 just to make the lettering "bold"?

I'm not gonna say desperate money grab attempt but damn.. A bit over the top for those of us that don't have piles of days laying around to accumulate that amount. 

2 hours ago, MeiLing said:

Do you need this?

That's not really relevant when the the prices are stupid levels of exorbitant and prohibitive.

Do any of us need it?  No.  I personally think the feature is dumb.  But that doesn't mean the pricing isn't pure lunacy.

If im to be honest here.. charging more than the price of a brand new AAA game for something as trivial as a nameplate is already kind of.. greedy.. to stay polite.. what i find the most offensive in that new feature is that its not even a permanent purchase..  its a monthly subscription over the subscription we already pay to for access.

31 minutes ago, Gypsy said:

More a reason to leave this here than to stay.

You are overreacting. Yeah, the pricing is absolutely unreasonable but its just colorful names, not something serious. They dropped a very good update aside of all that colorful names for crazy money bullshit. 

I hope its not a start of new tendency though. Getting more monetization in game is not a good thing, for a user at least, especially if it comes with such an insane prices. 

It`s a feature you don`t need. Everything we need in the game is included in the subscription, we also have the possibility to make stuff our self.

I say kudos to the dev`s for being creative and thinking outside the box when it comes to a new way of making some extra coins. If someone is willing to pay to be different and have their name in colourful lettering, good. It is good for the dev`s and in turn good for us, since this game will only exist as a game as long as it is generating profit. It is not a hobby. It is not something they do out of charity. It is a business.

And how is this any different from people using a lot of real money on XGold to spam their rooms ? The only thing i don`t like about that is that it is not fair, as some can get a very long time on top and other a mere seconds before someone else spam their room and drop the previous down the list again. When you pay, you should have a fixed time where you stay promoted, but other than that, it is a good idea, and it generates money for them. So is this, and at least here everyone get what they paid for.

And before you start to think that i argue because i want it. Let`s put it this way, i would not use it even if it was free.

The one with the colorful names is pretty to look at and that's about it. In very crowded rooms you can now see even less of the people, but instead you see little hearts and other symbols. Well, you can also hide them. For those who want to afford these luxury gimmicks, there will soon be a new highlight, a stove that only burns if you feed it with xGold (rumor has it)  ROFL

After all, for years there was no way to effectively reduce the fat XGold savings accounts, even if you gave all your friends Christmas presents and Easter eggs. And you didn't stand a chance with beer alone.

Let's see what else is to come

1 hour ago, Isabelle said:

The price was silly in beta but at least we had a million free gold to test it, but to maintain the same price scale in this update where you need to spend almost $90 to buy gold or save your 300 per day for 320 days to rent a simple colour  name for a year is really over the top.

I had the idea of transferring the leftover xGold from the beta test as a fee, but the idea probably won't go down well LOL

37 minutes ago, Whimsy said:

It`s a feature you don`t need. Everything we need in the game is included in the subscription, we also have the possibility to make stuff our self.

I say kudos to the dev`s for being creative and thinking outside the box when it comes to a new way of making some extra coins. If someone is willing to pay to be different and have their name in colourful lettering, good. It is good for the dev`s and in turn good for us, since this game will only exist as a game as long as it is generating profit. It is not a hobby. It is not something they do out of charity. It is a business.

And how is this any different from people using a lot of real money on XGold to spam their rooms ? The only thing i don`t like about that is that it is not fair, as some can get a very long time on top and other a mere seconds before someone else spam their room and drop the previous down the list again. When you pay, you should have a fixed time where you stay promoted, but other than that, it is a good idea, and it generates money for them. So is this, and at least here everyone get what they paid for.

And before you start to think that i argue because i want it. Let`s put it this way, i would not use it even if it was free.

I am not against them coming up with ways to monetize and finance further development with a little profit on the side, but let's be real here.. i'll buy the lastest AAA game for PS5 for that, 90$,  i will have it forever to play whenever i decide to..  so charging that amount for an animated nameplate is really exhorbitant, without forgetting its only a sub over a sub you already pay.. at that price.. at the VERY LEAST it should be a permanent purchase with the the possibility to toggle it on/off at will.. and even then its still way out of price for a nameplate. 

I agree that it is expensive, but anything is only worth what people are willing to pay and nothing else.

And it all comes down to priorities. For example, i live in one of the most expensive countries in the world, in a pretty big house, but it is far away from anything fun, so it is cheap to live in compared to the city. That meant i needed a car, so I have a real junk car i use in the wintertime, just so i can afford to use my Hayabusa in the summer ... priorities.

Any video game i can think of have microtransactions, where you can buy additional items you don`t need to play the game for real money. And a lot buy them to be special, some for the look, that it fits the character and so on, some buy them to level up, and on and on and on. There are just as many loot boxes and microtransactions as there are ideas to make them. If it sells, it stays, if not it goes away. I once bought a dress in PWI ( an old MMO ) and used hundreds of dollars on loot boxes just to get the white dye to colour it, before i snapped out of it and came to my senses. And i am not alone, according to data from Statista and Juniper Research, loot boxes, as a sub-sector of gaming, will be worth $20 billion by 2025. 

So my advice is simply this, if you want something, think about why you want it, and then pay or don`t pay. That is up to you. Complaining about the price does very little as long as there are others that buys it. And they do

Edited by Whimsy

6 hours ago, Xizi said:

Do they really? I see very little amount of people with colorful names. 

I have mine but that's because I have enough accumulated xgold, but I certainly will not buy Xgold to just rent a color for a while. 

4 hours ago, AlexaDarkness said:

You will be billed in US Dollar ($298.80)  for 12 months coloured font, that is like 6 times as much as it cost me to me to get 12 months of game play

So ? Could be a million for all i care. No one is forcing anyone to buy, rent or use it. If we had to pay to hide the names, that would be a different story.

6 minutes ago, Whimsy said:

So ? Could be a million for all i care. No one is forcing anyone to buy, rent or use it. If we had to pay to hide the names, that would be a different story.

Just because YOU dont care, or YOU wont use it is your business.. Dont use it... Some of us like the idea and would love to use it, but since 3dx owner/operators seem to be overly greedy charging some stupid amount is a problem which they need to address. I think many people including myself would opt to use a feature if it were fairly priced.

The amount they are charging for ONE month of a minor visual change, it should be a single payment for the life of the character.. 

So buy it then, and contribute to the price staying or don`t, and maybe it will drop at one point. Or maybe they set the price to empty some of the gold reserves some of us have so we have to buy more at a later point. Or just stay here and complain about it, maybe that works too.

" look! this person has a colorful nic-nick! I want it too! suatmm!"

are we some kind of dragons in medieval tales...?It's neither a unique lingerie/dress you have to pay to unlock it, nor a special power that makes your avatar special. It's just a shiny name effect.  can't make you look classy, or make you stand on a higher level than others... so why it should be that expensive?

Devs surely have the ability to put xgolds in a better use than beers and nicks. it could be a shop system that sells fancy clothing or high-qual worlds made by official. Or some basic requirements such like eating food/buy beer to make game more active or at least Sims-like.

Does that easy? Yuup!

Do they want to do that? Nuuh!

what could you expect that better than someone sends you money just for a useless colorful name? Or this is meant to wake up some roblox vibes...?

Edited by Lunarelf

Versioning things that can be purchased is common in digital formats like software to create revenue. From software to virtual gaming.

Thinks, maybe should use baby steps 3DX. Is smart to do it as a business, but maybe go in baby steps, just saying. None of my business though, just a suggestion.

Certainly you can pay or not if you want, but what your being offered has no real use in the game other than being pretty. Sure I have a reasonable store of gold I might chose to spend it on a gallery picture frame at ever increasing prices, at least they are mine and not rented, and I can change and use as I wish.

If the aim is to create more income via buying gold direct, then surely having useful items like additional clothes and even poses. That you can buy would stimulate and be a more practical way to increase purchase of gold direct.

I like the coloured names but to spend real money on renting just doesn't make sense, if the price was more reasonable and not for rent, then I would perhaps use some gold to do so. But spending  more than the price of playing here for a year, to rent a simple colour name tag No Way.