3DXChat Community

Falling thru the floor

PeterHard

Probably a known issue but i can not fidn it easy. I made a room. Started with an empty floor. Later i put on lockers with doors. Some open most not. Lockers stand on a recatangle higher than the floor. The moment i walk to the locker with the door open I fall thru the floor in front of the locker... Is this a well known bug ? what did I do wrong?  

• 2 weeks later...

I did group all objects below this "falling" object and did export it... then I did group all the little object and did export it. Then I did delete both groups in the room and did save the room. Then I did reload the room and did import both groups and it was fixed :)

How I do understand...this "falling" happens cause you have tiny objects close together and you did turn it.

• 5 months later...
On 9/12/2022 at 9:21 AM, Ica said:

I did group all objects below this "falling" object and did export it... then I did group all the little object and did export it. Then I did delete both groups in the room and did save the room. Then I did reload the room and did import both groups and it was fixed :)

How I do understand...this "falling" happens cause you have tiny objects close together and you did turn it.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here. Are you saying that you grouped some of the smaller object together then exported and then grouped together another section of smaller objects and then exported them? Because a lot of us can't do that. For example, this started for ME when the update came out that has the layering system last year. I REALLY wish they would fix this @Gizmo please and thank you. A lot of club owners that have dj decks have this issue right where the djs would stand and pose while they're djing. Like myself.

I can't take apart the dj deck and do what you suggested, @Ica. It's ALL grouped together. And no offense, but I'll be damned if I try to ungrouped that and then section it off like you suggested. That would be a nightmare. As you can see by the screen shot I took, yeah, that's not happening. And it's the only deck that I have. soooo many people are having this issue. Someone suggested using an invisible wall underneath and that's NOT working.. as you can see by the first screen shot I posted. I fell RIGHT through the floor. :( @GizmoDo we have an ETA as to when this glitch will be fixed. It's a big one a lot of people are having issues with. :) Thanks. :) 

FALLING THROUGH FLOOR GLITCH.png

2023-03-01 04-25-23_227757.png

11 hours ago, MaraWinterdyde said:

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here. Are you saying that you grouped some of the smaller object together then exported and then grouped together another section of smaller objects and then exported them? Because a lot of us can't do that. For example, this started for ME when the update came out that has the layering system last year. I REALLY wish they would fix this @Gizmo please and thank you. A lot of club owners that have dj decks have this issue right where the djs would stand and pose while they're djing. Like myself.

I can't take apart the dj deck and do what you suggested, @Ica. It's ALL grouped together. And no offense, but I'll be damned if I try to ungrouped that and then section it off like you suggested. That would be a nightmare. As you can see by the screen shot I took, yeah, that's not happening. And it's the only deck that I have. soooo many people are having this issue. Someone suggested using an invisible wall underneath and that's NOT working.. as you can see by the first screen shot I posted. I fell RIGHT through the floor. :( @GizmoDo we have an ETA as to when this glitch will be fixed. It's a big one a lot of people are having issues with. :) Thanks. :) 

FALLING THROUGH FLOOR GLITCH.png

2023-03-01 04-25-23_227757.png

What you can try is to export the Dj Controller design and then group all object which are below it (all pieces of the floor) and export it. Then delete in your room the dj controller and the pieces of the floor below and save the room. Load the saved room again and import the djcontroller and the pieces of the floor. This did help me once.