3DXChat Community

some "normal" street vehicles as objects

Paulinus

What would be really nice would be a few different types of hood, roofs, trunks, and doors we could combine to make our own cars. All those premade props never really quite seems to fit in 3DX. The same thing for boats we need boat part so we can make more custom stylized stuff some things are just impossible to make properly with the current objects we have.

Edited by Niblette

🇫🇷 Bonjour tout le monde,

J'ai eut cette voiture, en prenant une room en partage gratuit. Il me semble qu'elle n'a pas de détails intérieur comme celles qui sont proposées dans le world editor.
Alors ça va si on ne s'approche pas trop, mais une fois à coté, ça casse un peu le plaisir de l'avoir ou la regarder.
Cependant, si c'est juste pour une déco de rue, avec différentes voitures, ça fait l'affaire oui.

🇺🇸 Hi everyone,

I got this car, by taking a room in free sharing. It seems to me that it doesn't have interior details like the ones offered in the world editor.
So it's ok if you don't get too close, but once you're next to it, it breaks the pleasure of having it or looking at it.
However, if it's just for a street decoration, with different cars, it does the trick.

2 hours ago, Xizi said:

@Diana Prince

Thanks! I am kinda curious though, where did you get it? I understand if you don't want to share your sources, no pressure here, but if its not a secret - I would love to know. 

Someone posted the names of the "hidden objects" a while ago.

''bar_stool_3''
''bar_stool_1''
''luster_1''
''Car_7''
''6_colored''
''6m_colored''
''Gr1S''
''Gr1Q''
''door_1''
''door_2''

33 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

Someone posted the names of the "hidden objects" a while ago.

''bar_stool_3''
''bar_stool_1''
''luster_1''
''Car_7''
''6_colored''
''6m_colored''
''Gr1S''
''Gr1Q''
''door_1''
''door_2''

So is there a way to use them somehow? I mean aside of the car? I could not click on the doors for example.

the doors are not movable in the world editor.
You need to edit the world file itself and change the position and rotation manually.
This is how the door object looks in the world file:
{"n":"Door_2","p":[-8.741791,6.59511662,-40.1683426],"r":[0.0,0.0,0.0]}
Edit the x, y, z values for "p" (position) and "r" (rotation) and save the file. Unfortunately that's the only way to use the doors.

6 hours ago, Paulinus said:

would be sufficiant lowclass, midclass, hiclass, van, suv, truck ... lets say 2-3 each .. than you could vary with the colurs to get a rich selection ...

I made a creepy van before, but due to the limited objects we have... it could be a challenge to file size. if there's more input vehicles in game it would be a lot easier for lower the sizes 

16 hours ago, Xizi said:

Well I don't think they can really add a real existing cars, it may lead to legal troubles for them. But something looking close to them like GTA does, yeah. 

Would imagine something like that since aren't all that many games that uses real life cars with their names inside.

• 1 month later...

question to the game developers:
is there any reason why the object "car7" is hidden and not available in the object list?  Its looking very useful to me. What happens when using these hidden objects?
and: are theer some more useful hidden objects? (except the onces already named a few postes before)

Edited by Paulinus