3DXChat Community

Validated Gender for avatars / accounts

ZzRedzZ

34 minutes ago, Twiggy said:

It gets me whenever this subject comes up in these forums how so many people try to dismiss concerns by saying it is just a sex game, trying to make it sound ok for people who lie about their real life sex. 3DXChat, different to many other games is also a chat, you communicate with others more than most other Internet games. If in a chat website where it is just a chat site if someone was to lie about their gender it is not accepted, why should it be in sex chat game, and possibly even more so.

If it is just a game and ok to say you are a different gender in real life that you really are, then why is it that when someone gets caught doing so very much the majority of people in the game dump them. I saw that happen many times in the time I was in the game.

It doesn't matter if it is in a game, be a sex game or not, if people lie to others that is not a part of the game, it is not telling the truth about something that many people consider important. All of the many that I saw people caught out had lied to everyone. Do you really consider that should be accepted as part of how the game should be.

In my opinion the majority of people who played the game would very much prefer honest answers to the question, but for some reason the game has been forced to cater for the minority who believe they should be able to lie about it. What I witnessed over the time I played is that minority become the majority as many left because of it and the game has built a bad reputation with it.

3DXChat has become known to cater for men who want to not only play as women but also pretend to actually be a women, so that has become the majority of the player base and is what the devs have for some time now been catering for.

Even with all the trolling and cheating, that is not only thing of 3dx, all the virtual worlds are plenty of it with more or less % ... Since im using 3dx, from 2016 ... I see now much more honest profiles than when I started. I think this is a nice achievement for have a little hope.

Well internet is notorious for catfishing and people being disingenuous about who they really are, part probably out of fear from being rejected among things. For dating aps sometimes it about how they look, how old they really are, what they weight or in some cases about careers. List goes on, just wonder if this isn't going down some rabbit hole because where does the transparency end then, are people then allowed to know how to you look, you're social status etc. Some could claim things as establishing some in game marriage only to release person is married or in a relationship, could be as much damaging to them as other things like being disingenuous or secretive about stuff like gender. Young person dating someone they think is 20 here that turn out to maybe be 60 years old. Some may be wanting to explore fantasies here and find out people they do it with lie about other things, could be being black or having large penis. 

My question is to what point should transparency be considered and what cases should not, also is it companies responsibility to handle this if they're being very transparent about people being able be whatever type of user they want to be here, long as they're following the rules in place. I just think this will either be a rabbit hole, where one demand will follow another until were at point where transparency is becoming invasive.

Think having option for transparency is fine, but wonder how many will actually wish to use it, but also how much development type would go into that as someone above mentioned, also would it be followed by additional demands of transparency. Like I said above may start with gender verification, but then some who feel they're being hurt may ask to know person genuine age, race or maybe in some cases relationship status or cocksize too.

6 minutes ago, TashaTight said:

Well internet is notorious for catfishing and people being disingenuous about who they really are, part probably out of fear from being rejected among things. For dating aps sometimes it about how they look, how old they really are, what they weight or in some cases about careers. List goes on, just wonder if this isn't going down some rabbit hole because where does the transparency end then, are people then allowed to know how to you look, you're social status etc. Some could claim things as establishing some in game marriage only to release person is married or in a relationship, could be as much damaging to them as other things like being disingenuous or secretive about stuff like gender. Young person dating someone they think is 20 here that turn out to maybe be 60 years old. Some may be wanting to explore fantasies here and find out people they do it with lie about other things, could be being black or having large penis. 

My question is to what point should transparency be considered and what cases should not, also is it companies responsibility to handle this if they're being very transparent about people being able be whatever type of user they want to be here, long as they're following the rules in place. I just think this will either be a rabbit hole, where one demand will follow another until were at point where transparency is becoming invasive.

Think having option for transparency is fine, but wonder how many will actually wish to use it, but also how much development type would go into that as someone above mentioned, also would it be followed by additional demands of transparency. Like I said above may start with gender verification, but then some who feel they're being hurt may ask to know person genuine age, race or maybe in some cases relationship status or cocksize too.

At the end, this is a place built by people. We can prepare a place with options that can incresse the transparency.

But the people dont change when come to virtual. Some, of course we can spect that some not mandatory and nice tool (hard to implement properly) will bring lot of problems and the people can use it "devilish" (for own interests). This is not becuase the tool self is wrong or bad. Only will bring new chalenges that will make things harder at first times for some people, and will make things hateable for others (OMG is only a game, now to troll on others and to make then sad will be harder¡¡¡). And of course, lot of people will be happy. 

The things are on hands of the developers, and what they see more profitable (for good and for bad).

Our options is always to leave the please if we dont like how are. Or to stay and try to make the place better inside of our skills and oportunitys.

I am not saying they should have a strict method of verification, that would be hard to add and if they tried that they would loose a large amount of the player base they have.

I once asked for an addition to be added to the profile they have in the game, much the same as they have in this forum. "Real life sex" male, female or not telling. Knowing that there would still be a lot who would still lie. But there would also I feel be a good amount that when having to openly lie to answer that would not. They would likely as many do in this forum tick not telling. So it would at least reduce the amount of occurrences. They could also add that if you want to have 2 different gender avatars in the game you that you cannot select not telling which would reduce it even further. But nobody seemed to like that idea as it is not catering for what had become the majority in the game.

There are a number of ways they could make it harder for these people to do what they do, but they won't even try and in fact had taken things out of the game that when taken out made even it easier for them.

5 minutes ago, Twiggy said:

I am not saying they should have a strict method of verification, that would be hard to add and if they tried that they would loose a large amount of the player base they have.

I once asked for an addition to be added to the profile they have in the game, much the same as they have in this forum. "Real life sex" male, female or not telling. Knowing that there would still be a lot who would still lie. But there would also I feel be a good amount that when having to openly lie to answer that would not. They would likely as many do in this forum tick not telling. So it would at least reduce the amount of occurrences. They could also add that if you want to have 2 different gender avatars in the game you that you cannot select not telling which would reduce it even further. But nobody seemed to like that idea as it is not catering for what had become the majority in the game.

There are a number of ways they could make it harder for these people to do what they do, but they won't even try and in fact had taken things out of the game that when taken out made even it easier for them.

If they just add some option of "RL gender" that people can say whatever they want, it only will incress the options for trolling. 

About loose players ... really will be interesting to see how much players they can loose and how much they can gaine. 

Aswell, its needed to see the conmsecuences on on middle and long time term. 

May be adding some "vip" zone where only certified avatars can go will give some chance. the people that want to keep things will not go there and the ones that want this option will go. Making a beta will may be show what will happens.

3 minutes ago, ZzRedzZ said:

If they just add some option of "RL gender" that people can say whatever they want, it only will incress the options for trolling. 

About loose players ... really will be interesting to see how much players they can loose and how much they can gaine. 

Aswell, its needed to see the conmsecuences on on middle and long time term. 

May be adding some "vip" zone where only certified avatars can go will give some chance. the people that want to keep things will not go there and the ones that want this option will go. Making a beta will may be show what will happens.

The problem with having it so there are virtually 2 games, one verified and the other not, is that the game as it is needs to have the belief that there are players who do play their real gender. If it didn't most of who play even if they play as a different gender, need to at least believe there is a chance the person they are with is a woman in real life.

I don't see how what I suggested would increase the options for trolling. 

12 minutes ago, Twiggy said:

The problem with having it so there are virtually 2 games, one verified and the other not, is that the game as it is needs to have the belief that there are players who do play their real gender. If it didn't most of who play even if they play as a different gender, need to at least believe there is a chance the person they are with is a woman in real life.

I don't see how what I suggested would increase the options for trolling. 

The people already say what they want real or not about the gender, adding this male / female / no answer on the profile, are 3 "easy ways" to lie. if you cant force the people to say the reality ... is better to not have option, at least they need to take the efford of write on the edscription :D.

I mean, no sense on add some option that dont have behind any security that fit to the reality. For other side, certanly it make the profile nicer (from my pov)

46 minutes ago, ZzRedzZ said:

The people already say what they want real or not about the gender, adding this male / female / no answer on the profile, are 3 "easy ways" to lie. if you cant force the people to say the reality ... is better to not have option, at least they need to take the efford of write on the edscription :D.

I mean, no sense on add some option that dont have behind any security that fit to the reality. For other side, certanly it make the profile nicer (from my pov)

The way it is now people don't have to lie, they see it as the gender on their profile is the gender they are playing, the gender of the avatar. As I said there would still be people that would check the female box when they are male, but not all would. There would be a number of people not prepared to have to actually lie. So in my opinion, that would mean less people doing so. Most who are not prepared to lie would check the "not telling" box, as they do in this forum. Which would at least give players who choose to be more sure about the gender of the person they are with a better chance of it being true. The problem with it is, the ones who do want to deceive people about their real life gender aren't going to like it, it means they cannot do it without openly lying. Or they would get less people interested in them if they chose to check the "not telling" box.

The idea is to make it harder for them to do so, and easier for the people who want to at least know there is a better chance of them being the gender they say they are. Also they would know that the person has had to openly lie to deceive them. I know there would still be a good number of people doing that, but it would make a difference if they had to openly lie about. At the moment they hide behind it is just a game and nobodies business and that the game does not call for them to reveal their gender. And that is what has left it open to what has happened, full of men playing as women and claiming they women in real life.

Edited by Twiggy

9 minutes ago, Twiggy said:

The way it is now people don't have to lie, they see it as the gender on their profile is the gender they are playing, the gender of the avatar. As I said there would still be people that would check the female box when they are male, but not all would. There would be a number of people not prepared to have to actually lie. So in my opinion, that would mean less people doing so. Most who are not prepared to lie would check the "not telling" box, as they do in this forum. Which would at least give players who choose to be more sure about the gender of the person they are with a better chance of it being true. The problem with it is, the ones who do want to deceive people about their real life gender aren't going to like it, it means they cannot do it without openly lying. Or they would get less people interested in them if they chose to check the "not telling" box.

The idea is to make it harder for them to do so, and easier for the people who want to at least know there is a better chance of them being the gender they say they are. Also they would know that the person has had to openly lie to deceive them. I know there would still be a good number of people doing that, but it would make a difference if they had to openly lie about. At the moment they hide behind it is just a game and nobodies business and that the game does not call for them to reveal their gender. And that is what has left it open to what has happened, full of men playing as women and claiming they women in real life.

I see your point, but one thing not need to be againt the other.

To add this check on the profile, certanly will make the prifle better, and I agree that some people will not use the check cheating so ovbiously. Of course is much more easy to apply.

But Aswell the verification option can be applyed (on any case in case to do it, better to do it well, then if will be a wrong solition, better we are like we are now, or like you sugest).

I like the idea of a VIP zone where only members whose age and gender have been verified could access and why not with a webcam capture. Maybe it would make the game more exciting.

Or maybe just a non-mandatory option in the profile that will indicate that the identity has been verified

Edited by TonyFrx

3 hours ago, TonyFrx said:

and why not with a webcam capture. 

"A primary school teacher pretended to be a teenage girl to make young boys perform sex acts on webcam"

"I posed as a girl of 14 online. What followed will sicken you"

"School official posed as boy to lure girls into webcam strip shows"

"A young man posed as a teenage girl on Facebook in order to get a 13 year old boy to strip and expose himself over a web cam"

"Children's Panel member posed as teenage girl on webcam to get boys to undress"

"Man who posed as teenage girl on Facebook to be sentenced"

That is why. This is just a few headlines after a search using the term "posed as a girl on webcam". It would not be hard to fool the gender check if anyone wanted to.

20 minutes ago, Whimsy said:

"A primary school teacher pretended to be a teenage girl to make young boys perform sex acts on webcam"

"I posed as a girl of 14 online. What followed will sicken you"

"School official posed as boy to lure girls into webcam strip shows"

"A young man posed as a teenage girl on Facebook in order to get a 13 year old boy to strip and expose himself over a web cam"

"Children's Panel member posed as teenage girl on webcam to get boys to undress"

"Man who posed as teenage girl on Facebook to be sentenced"

That is why. This is just a few headlines after a search using the term "posed as a girl on webcam". It would not be hard to fool the gender check if anyone wanted to.

People will use webcam if want or not, I think is not needed to add it to the game.

Voice is more usual on all virtual worlds / MMORPGs.

I Think develores should focus on improve the game and fix the bugs, even first than think on add whatever of this tools.

On 8/21/2022 at 6:26 PM, EvaMarie said:

I don't understand why so many people get so hung up on this topic. With 9 out of 10 female avis that are controlled by men, you can tell pretty quickly who you're writing to, even without this verification (how often in the past I already have laughed). And if you actually don't notice it with one of them, what's the problem?
  The fear of being lied to by someone who might be important to you? Such a verification (which, by the way, can easily be faked if you deal with image editing a bit) can never replace real trust and you should rather ask yourself why you then reduce such a person to his gender only.

Just my three four cents (yes, the inflation is real bad...)

How would you ever validate someone who is born Intersex..?  We do exist... plus most of us are just here to Role Play as the gender we relate too, rather than what some doctor decided we were when we were born.

image.png.2b5d6a68c85dfa50aafc03672883f47c.pngIntersex-.jpg

Edited by AlexaDarkness

7 minutes ago, AlexaDarkness said:

How would you ever validate someone who is born Intersex..?  We do exist... plus most of us are just here to Role Play as the gender we relate too, rather than what some doctor decided we were when we were born.

image.png.2b5d6a68c85dfa50aafc03672883f47c.pngIntersex-.jpg

I mentioned Intersex, cause is something OFICIAL AND LEGAL at some countrys, and aswell, people can feel identified with this and not with male or female. So if some people is intersex of course will be able to validate it (other question is if want to do). it can make things harder? yes, sure. May be much complicated. But I did not want to avoid this, only cause is harder to do.

About this aseveration: "plus most of us are just here to Role Play"; More time pass, I more see that this is some excuse for do whatever want no caring the consecuences. "Hei I was only doing RP sorry is not my problem if your feelings were real or if you thought that was my real and not a simply character invented for me" (not saying that is your case)

May be there are people doing RP, but also, are people that is not focused on RP (or not exclusibelly). I dont know what part of the pie is bigger, and honestly I dont care. Both people have the rights. to enjoy the place peacefull and with freedom.

Of course, there are people that is only doing RP and doing it healthy taking care about what can happens with other people, and being clear about it on the profiles.

For be myself, means not doing RP, I was accused of "destroy the game, cuase this place is only about RP and fantasys and I dont have the right to be myself, cause this spoil the game for others". Radicalism are not good.

Dr. (or your parents)  may be decide on a moment what you are but dont decide what you want to be or what manners you have. Transpararence and honestity, is not related to the gender or the the decision of other people. (thanks to the gods)

1 hour ago, AlexaDarkness said:

For the all the intelligent players (the ones that read profiles), everyone has the option to state which gender they prefer to have sex with.  And I do state on my profile what I am, if you prefer not to investigate a players profile & what they are into, then that is your problem

image.thumb.png.ffb405d777c0b64412e0aa0904540330.png

Players can say whatever they want on their profiles, as well then can use the avar that they want. You have a full RP profile.

What you put there Is some usual example of Roleplayer profile.

What with this ? 

image.png.3ef9f1ec4e23063eba541e68978457cf.png

Thats a piece of mine (very long cant show all :D).

Your profile can be an example of a completelly RP, and mien about completelly no RP.

But I dont see the point on this. 

Looks for you is not interested the verification cause you are full with RP. fine for me. Respect others, play with care understanding that you are rounded by people (even the ones that play roles) and all can be fine.

Do you realize it is illegal to ask even for a photo for the curriculum in some countries and you are asking for that verification stuff? What do you want that they have to close the game? Haha

More than a VIP club you need to talk with Hitler and how he created his "club", because you ppl are remembering me how history says he thought.

What will be next? DNA test? Colonoscopy data? Leave internet and go to a bar in real life, you sillies.

Or just grow up and overcome it, yes you have had RP sex with a person of the same/different sex what makes you gay/straight for life. That is what you are now!

Seriously, you ppl are ridiculous, but please keep this topic alive makes me laugh a lot.

P.S: Just in case you do not know I am Alice in the game.

7 hours ago, Shara said:

Do you realize it is illegal to ask even for a photo for the curriculum in some countries and you are asking for that verification stuff? What do you want that they have to close the game? Haha

More than a VIP club you need to talk with Hitler and how he created his "club", because you ppl are remembering me how history says he thought.

What will be next? DNA test? Colonoscopy data? Leave internet and go to a bar in real life, you sillies.

Or just grow up and overcome it, yes you have had RP sex with a person of the same/different sex what makes you gay/straight for life. That is what you are now!

Seriously, you ppl are ridiculous, but please keep this topic alive makes me laugh a lot.

P.S: Just in case you do not know I am Alice in the game.

"Do you realize it is illegal to ask even for a photo for the curriculum in some countries and you are asking for that verification stuff? What do you want that they have to close the game? Haha"; I bet that on this countrys there are some verification staff. Im not saying that this is easy, may be some good idea to add. 

"More than a VIP club you need to talk with Hitler and how he created his "club", because you ppl are remembering me how history says he thought.

Or just grow up and overcome it, yes you have had RP sex with a person of the same/different sex what makes you gay/straight for life. That is what you are now!"; Well, this is the radical and intolerant position that i was exposing on my previously entrance. If you think this, better you left from the 3dx as self is a VIP club. No all people can pay the suscription. 

And more than you dont agree for about add this too, is there a reason for insult people and be so disrispectable? I ask you to stop to comment here on this way. Right now all people was very respectable with others, even with the diference of opinion that we can have.

Have a great day.

Edited by ZzRedzZ

1 hour ago, Twiggy said:

I find it hilarious how so many people who are obviously men playing as women and keeping it secret come in these threads on the subject trying to defend what they do.

Of course, will be very innocent to think that this will not happens :D. Is good to know what people think.

Only keep on mind that not all the people that play "undercover virtual trasgender" are trollers or cheaters. I know you know it :P

Reading all these posts, it is clear that there is no simple and secure solution to this problem. The ideal is to know your partner in real life, which is my case. For the rest, let's not be naive, everyone must be responsible and let's have fun. This is what this game was created for. As far as bugs are concerned, perfection is not of this world and I don't know of a game without them. 🙂

20 minutes ago, TonyFrx said:

Reading all these posts, it is clear that there is no simple and secure solution to this problem. The ideal is to know your partner in real life, which is my case. For the rest, let's not be naive, everyone must be responsible and let's have fun. This is what this game was created for. As far as bugs are concerned, perfection is not of this world and I don't know of a game without them. 🙂

I think I agree, but till this wonderfull world come, we can talk about things :D.

As on RL, we need to deal here with responsable andnot responsable people, mature an unmature, tolerant and not tolerant. From different countrys, history and cultures.

What can be valid for one is not for other. But certanly, there are lot of things that nooone talk or even sugest cause think are some utopy or that "mostly people dont want".

Even if this things are the reality (discusable) no reason for avoid to talk :P.

Edited by ZzRedzZ

5 hours ago, ZzRedzZ said:

"Do you realize it is illegal to ask even for a photo for the curriculum in some countries and you are asking for that verification stuff? What do you want that they have to close the game? Haha"; I bet that on this countrys there are some verification staff. Im not saying that this is easy, may be some good idea to add. 

"More than a VIP club you need to talk with Hitler and how he created his "club", because you ppl are remembering me how history says he thought.

Or just grow up and overcome it, yes you have had RP sex with a person of the same/different sex what makes you gay/straight for life. That is what you are now!"; Well, this is the radical and intolerant position that i was exposing on my previously entrance. If you think this, better you left from the 3dx as self is a VIP club. No all people can pay the suscription. 

And more than you dont agree for about add this too, is there a reason for insult people and be so disrispectable? I ask you to stop to comment here on this way. Right now all people was very respectable with others, even with the diference of opinion that we can have.

Have a great day.

I do agree to add the verification and I would love to have it and I already told it in another message in this topic! Read all the messages!

I am just telling: You guys are asking for something illegal and talking like nazis. Even more, how can we know you are men or women? I have no proofs, maybe you are a giraffe, how can we know? Proof us what you are, then ask others to proof it.

Have a great day you too.