3DXChat Community

Validated Gender for avatars / accounts

ZzRedzZ

Hello all.

Im almost sure that this sugestion can be polemic for lot of people, but also veyr ussefull for others.

I should like that developers add some option to the account / avatar, that allow people to show some status about the genther that is showing is real (no caring if the avi is male or female).

So, as we have now blue and pink avis, as something optional for the people that can be interested on it, stablish some procedure of identity proof, only for the people that want to specify clearly and trully that they are the genther that they say (and this can be linked to the gender of the avi or not), and can appear as some option of the profile, or appearing for example on golden color when we check a profile (in place of blue or pink).

There are lot of apps and public or private entitys with some stablished procedure for proof identity.

I can imagine that manage this can incresse the dificulty of some registrations for the delevopers, but also I think that lot of people can be gratefull about it.

Then, people that are only interested on RP or fantasy purposes can stay with it, and the people that, for whatever reson want to be clearly identified respect to the gender, can do it (and then avoid dramas and trolling, or simply doubts).

I know that lot of people see this only as some "sex game", but whatever people think, we all know, that things goes far than a game, and not little few times. 

We all are real people, and we do, or can stablish real relations with people on the 3dx. The gender (or the "not gender" as some people preffer to be related to not binary sexuality), can be something irrelevant, or can be important.

I firmly think that have this option is a very nice plus. What do you think? (always that can be performed with the requiered privacy of the personal information, that yoiu can share or not, but of course should not be shared cause some accidental or not allowed access to the personal information... it means ... privacy and security well applyed)

I agree that this suggestion can be polemic to a lot of people, but I doubt it would be useful to others as I try to explain below.

Probably many people see this only as a "sex game" because... it is a sex game.

Many people make their avi according to their gender. Some others don't do it but make a warning in their profile (I have seen several profiles mentioning a female avi "driven by a male"). Others don't follow their gender and simply omit it.

People who value the matching with their real gender can do it here by choosing the corresponding avi type. People who don't value it, do whatever they want. I don't see how your gender proof methods, being not mandatory due to privacy concerns and common sense, would change this.

Just my two three cents (damn inflation)

Such a feature sure can improve the quality of game-experience for some part of community for who its really important, but there are some big issues with it also...

I am not sure how exactly you view the process of gender verification, but I tried for a bit one other sex-game with such a feature - and there to get gender verified, person should have send a pic of their face with them holding a piece paper with a name of the game and automatically generated code. Which is... Very sensitive kind of data. If such kind of date would be leaked - 3dxchat's reputation would be ruined beyond repair. Such kind of data requires a good security and on top of it - Devs can't just hire some person on outsource to work with these data. They would need either work with it themselves which would a decrease development speed of the game (and it DOES require some work, you can't just give verification to anyone who send the pic, you need to actually do some research and be able to detect montage) or hire a person who will do it, who can they reach and sue physically if something goes wrong. They also would require to make a legal documents to protect them and to make a right contract with said person.

What I am trying to say here - it would require great amount of money and work. And here we are getting to the question "Is it worth it?" Well, for the part of community for who RL gender is very important and who has no trust in others - maybe it is. But what about everyone else? Would others be happy with devs allocating so much resources to it? I personally would not. 

On top of it, such kind of feature would put additional pressure on every female in game who is not comfortable with sending her real pic to 3dxchat. And feeling not comfortable enough with it is kinda... pretty understandable, no? And I am pretty sure that some part of community, especially people with biggest trust-issues, would end up with a position like "you're fake if you're not verified". 

19 hours ago, Wizard said:

Why dont you just ask his/her to come up on a voice chat / webcam, and you can figure out fast if he is male or female.

Think that is some sense of false security if they're good at altering voices and dressing up, less you demand to see them naked which I doubt many would agree to out of the risk of it being recorded without their consent.

Just for those who think this is reliable means of identification: 

After all some are just here for escapism and not to get in all up personal with everyone past their avatars

Edited by TashaTight

I don't understand why so many people get so hung up on this topic. With 9 out of 10 female avis that are controlled by men, you can tell pretty quickly who you're writing to, even without this verification (how often in the past I already have laughed). And if you actually don't notice it with one of them, what's the problem?
  The fear of being lied to by someone who might be important to you? Such a verification (which, by the way, can easily be faked if you deal with image editing a bit) can never replace real trust and you should rather ask yourself why you then reduce such a person to his gender only.

Just my three four cents (yes, the inflation is real bad...)

On 8/20/2022 at 2:33 AM, CatKatW said:

I agree that this suggestion can be polemic to a lot of people, but I doubt it would be useful to others as I try to explain below.

Probably many people see this only as a "sex game" because... it is a sex game.

Many people make their avi according to their gender. Some others don't do it but make a warning in their profile (I have seen several profiles mentioning a female avi "driven by a male"). Others don't follow their gender and simply omit it.

People who value the matching with their real gender can do it here by choosing the corresponding avi type. People who don't value it, do whatever they want. I don't see how your gender proof methods, being not mandatory due to privacy concerns and common sense, would change this.

Just my two three cents (damn inflation)

Helloes Cat. 

if this is a sex game or not, is somethign discusable. 

12 hours ago, Toposecreto77 said:

Helloes Cat. 

if this is a sex game or not, is somethign discusable. 

Just curious since you say its open for interpretation if its a sex game or not, what would you then define it as then assuming someone had to be explained what the product was?

1 hour ago, TashaTight said:

Just curious since you say its open for interpretation if its a sex game or not, what would you then define it as then assuming someone had to be explained what the product was?

Virtual world is different concept to Game. 

On a game you interact with bots and with  NPJs. Aswell, you can interact with other players, but the focus is on the topics of the game (tasks, missions, leveling, lore of the game...).

On A virtual world you interact with people, and the main of the game is this social interaction. 

So, of course there are "sex games" where you interact with the software for reproduce sex enviroments, actitudes actions. 

Here is all about the people. Anf the people do what they wantr to do with other people. And, they can have sex or not. 

Mainly us sell as some sex plataform. But, if you goes to Second Life that is not propmoted as sexual place, but at the end, is the adult content (and the market place what keep it alive). 

May be some people can define Second Life as a game. But is not, is a virtual world, or how now is called ... "metaverse". 

3DX Is exactly the same. The conmcept is same, some place for allow social interaction. 

21 hours ago, Wizard said:

Why dont you just ask his/her to come up on a voice chat / webcam, and you can figure out fast if he is male or female.

Is about add to the platafoprm some option for perform this verification, then people dont need to use external options, or to share personal accounts.

Of course, people will be not much inclined to do a correctly ID verification as some bank, or some Cripto exchange or some whatever other "serious" platform will ask, that can include the official ID, and some copy of bill related to some fisical address, and plus of course aa picture of the person taht can be related to the official ID. 

Yes, this staff is so much complicated, tedios for such a thing as 3DX. But is decision of people if wana do or not. So, better to say ... pff, people can dislike or this can be or that can be ... why if you allow people to get this option or to not use, and done.

17 hours ago, EvaMarie said:

I don't understand why so many people get so hung up on this topic. With 9 out of 10 female avis that are controlled by men, you can tell pretty quickly who you're writing to, even without this verification (how often in the past I already have laughed). And if you actually don't notice it with one of them, what's the problem?
  The fear of being lied to by someone who might be important to you? Such a verification (which, by the way, can easily be faked if you deal with image editing a bit) can never replace real trust and you should rather ask yourself why you then reduce such a person to his gender only.

Just my three four cents (yes, the inflation is real bad...)

Sometimes can be important and sometimes can be not important. The importance is linked to the person and their achioevements.

Troling is very profitable, cause the people likes a lot the impunity, and they can pay a lot just for troll on others.

The ID verification can help with trolling. What problem on it ?

To have the option of use this service, dont means to make it mandatory. Where is the problem on can use this posivility?

The verification can be well performed. Other thing is if the people and the devs will want to do this process

The issue with such a feature is, that soon you will have the "either you verify yourself or we riot you" mentality in the community.
That happend with Pandora as well couple of years ago. I experienced first hand, what it means to get hunted by fake hunters, because of this mentality.

I personally are highly against this. Its not that I wouldnt verify myself. I would do it. But there are many others who just dont want it, for whatever reason.
And those people will get be discriminated and excluded because of this mentality.

This is a game, and if you want to get into real relationships, you can use discord, cam or whatever to confirm it all and verify. But some other use this game for escaping reality. I know many guys and also girls, who play the other sex just because out of fun. They dont want to harm anyone, just enjoying time. And if people get to close to them, they tell what sex they are.

I am aware, that there are many idiots causing harm with stuff like this. My advice here would be: Dont trust directly anyone and most importantly, dont let people into your RL fast. Usually trolls lose their interest after 1 or 2 months. There are exceptions and some last a bit longer, but usually 1 or 2 months, in my experience.

Those are just my 10 cents... yea... inflation did hit me critical...

Edited by Loruna

I think it is a good idea, just hard and expensive to implement, sniff.

Just wondering why do you hate futas and futa rooms, you know they will disappear as soon as everyone see 99% of them are male controlled? Hehehe.

I will be happy to be 100% sure if the man I am talking to is a man, sometimes it is hard to know, they should identify.

Edit: Oh and remember if you had virtual sex with a person of your same sex you are gay/lesbian forever! (no, sorry no bi! :P ).

Edited by Shara

On 8/21/2022 at 2:43 PM, Wizard said:

I have software that allows me to speak like a man, woman or a child for that matter if i so choose, so it is not as easy as it once was.

It is a sex game, not a social meet and greet app, although many seem to treat it like one, and I think a friend of mine had the right approach, and a rather easy solution to the issue. that went something like this :

" I don`t think i had any dudes, but i guess a female avatar in the hands of a man, can be more attractive to many than a real woman. The best of both worlds so to speak. The female shape combined with someone that knows what most men wants in a woman, usually straight to the point and none of the bs men only put up with in the hopes of getting some. And honestly... if it got me off, and i didn`t know it was a guy, why would i care ?"

19 hours ago, Whimsy said:

It is a sex game, not a social meet and greet app, although many seem to treat it like one, and I think a friend of mine had the right approach, and a rather easy solution to the issue. that went something like this :

" I don`t think i had any dudes, but i guess a female avatar in the hands of a man, can be more attractive to many than a real woman. The best of both worlds so to speak. The female shape combined with someone that knows what most men wants in a woman, usually straight to the point and none of the bs men only put up with in the hopes of getting some. And honestly... if it got me off, and i didn`t know it was a guy, why would i care ?"

I would not really call it a "solution".

I mean its basically like saying to people who care about RL gender of their partner something like "Just stop caring about it!". It does not work like this.

Not saying I am supporting gender validation though, I think it will be hard, potentially pricy and can bring new problems instead of old ones. 

On 8/29/2022 at 10:31 PM, Whimsy said:

A yes sex game. Tell me where are the boses, the task, the levelups, the inventory, the bots, the NPGs, he different levels, the professions, the mosters and all this that make a game, "a game" :D. For this, I dont call here a game.

It`s a game, a sex game, with 3d avatars. It is meant to be a fun way to escape for a moment, like any game. To explore, to do and experience something you would never do outside of this place. To fulfil your fantasies with out fear of being forced to do things you never wanted to or waking up having your naked ass plastered all over the net ? If that`s not enough, go somewhere else. No one is forcing anyone to stay if they don`t like what this game is and how it is run. 

I left IMVU with over 8k us in profit still in my account as i got so pissed over their changes. It took me close to 15 years to leave WoW, and way to long to leave FFXIV, but i don`t regret it and are still friends with many i got to know there.

If you want friends in here, wait until the people you talk to let you in and talks about their real life, and if one of them turns out to be a different gender, deal with it then, or don`t, i could care less either way. If you want something else, go to a cam site, or do what the rest of us does, pick up the phone or simply go out and get some.

Oh wait ... there are girls that used to be guys, and vice versa in real life too, some that will tell you their history upfront, and some that don`t. What will they do then, demand a complete medical history from everyone they meet ?

A wise and cheaper choice, is to be a bit more picky, and check where you are sticking your stick. So you don't get post sex traumas for just beeing horny. :P

The other suggested methodes, is sad to say but people always find a way to avoid/ignore/lie. So it's like a waste of time. Made the rule, made the cheat. Also maybe they don't want you to know their gender. 

Edited by Alys

1 hour ago, Toposecreto77 said:

A yes sex game. Tell me where are the boses, the task, the levelups, the inventory, the bots, the NPGs, he different levels, the professions, the mosters and all this that make a game, "a game" :D. For this, I dont call here a game.

The dictionary video game: [noun] an electronic game in which players control images on a screen.

Wiki : A video game[a] or computer game is an electronic game that involves interaction with a user interface or input device – such as a joystick, controller, keyboard, or motion sensing device – to generate visual feedback. This feedback mostly commonly is shown on a video display device, such as a TV set, monitor, touchscreen, or virtual reality headset. Video games are classified into a wide range of genres based on their type of gameplay and purpose.

Sexual content has been found in video games since the early days of the industry and games featuring sexual content can be found on most platforms and can be of any video game genre.

It gets me whenever this subject comes up in these forums how so many people try to dismiss concerns by saying it is just a sex game, trying to make it sound ok for people who lie about their real life sex. 3DXChat, different to many other games is also a chat, you communicate with others more than most other Internet games. If in a chat website where it is just a chat site if someone was to lie about their gender it is not accepted, why should it be in sex chat game, and possibly even more so.

If it is just a game and ok to say you are a different gender in real life that you really are, then why is it that when someone gets caught doing so very much the majority of people in the game dump them. I saw that happen many times in the time I was in the game.

It doesn't matter if it is in a game, be a sex game or not, if people lie to others that is not a part of the game, it is not telling the truth about something that many people consider important. All of the many that I saw people caught out had lied to everyone. Do you really consider that should be accepted as part of how the game should be.

In my opinion the majority of people who played the game would very much prefer honest answers to the question, but for some reason the game has been forced to cater for the minority who believe they should be able to lie about it. What I witnessed over the time I played is that minority become the majority as many left because of it and the game has built a bad reputation with it.

3DXChat has become known to cater for men who want to not only play as women but also pretend to actually be a women, so that has become the majority of the player base and is what the devs have for some time now been catering for.

Edited by Twiggy