3DXChat Community

Clothing Tutorial- 3dx 2.9 Basics

Caren

Hey there 3dxers!
Here's a little tutorial I've put together to help demystify some of the awesome new clothing options that are headed our way. Please note that this is only current to the 3dx 2.9 version and is totally subject to change! Please keep in mind that I do not work for 3dx, so this is in no way official - it's from me experimenting with the new tools and discovering functionality. ♡

1. The general interface. You have to choose clothing that's been set up for the new options (pink arrow). There are multiple fabric options (125!) for each garment. Sometimes, you get more than one option, called "layers." (yellow and green arrows) I've selected the long-sleeve leotard.

image.thumb.png.82001518524d51d074972244bfe5f473.png

2. Choose your first fabric under "Layer 1" I'm going with a foil glitter.

image.thumb.png.dfa5e4cf9bfcdaf3a2c24f6333db2d4b.png

3. You can change the scale of the fabric texture or pattern with the slider labeled "Layer 1 Scale." All the way to the right is the smallest option...

image.png.0aef4b2853c15be17497421e0ade6d14.png

...while all the way to the left is the largest!

image.png.607e0581e3051bed222cfad84ced65df.png

4. Choose your color options. Sometimes you are able to blend more than one color per fabric. I chose purple and white, then changed the size to something smaller.

image.png.0366a6e789fb353982544c810e605641.png

5. Now it's time to choose your second fabric! I chose a heart pattern, then repeated the above steps to complement the first pattern. The arrows show the fabric, scale, and color options.

image.png.ed57a0ed42246d31e8bea4e7f9f2ef9c.png

6. 3dx already allows you to include a print or graphic add-on, so this might look familiar if you've already used the interface in the current version. If you click the "Print" button you can choose the color too. Here I've opted for a teddy bear in white.

image.png.c6ac6cb90fa50b2cc153ba0261a3416f.png

7. The "Layer Mask" is an exciting addition for clothing customization! You can select different parts of the garment (for example, sleeves, bust, neckline et al) in favor of one fabric or the other. Note that the body of the leotard is now fully sparkled, while the sleeves show the heart pattern! Compare that with the look in step 6 to see how the mask changed things up!

image.png.3ea45b71fa36617b82d294e7d6b4dd7b.png

8. The "Layer Blend" slider allows you to move back and forth, using your earlier choices to favor one fabric over another in different combinations. Here is my current look favoring layer one (and the current mask setting)...

image.png.02cadc45bca21899fab6e6c210d68793.png

... and now with the slider all the way the other way. Of course, any point in between is available!

image.png.b6ef5dd32a0ce4d15df64584660afd3a.png

9. Finally, some garments include a "Hider" option. This is to remove elements of the garment for a greater range of options. Here's a skirt with a bow and lace hem.

image.png.b5c07d7d6dd850cba114fae45c4df3a0.png

Using the "Hider" option, I can remove the bow, the lace hem, or both!

image.png.4695c9cd63a70c2ba4556ee679f2d663.png

That's all for now. There may be other variations for other garments or for the men's clothing. My best advice is to dig into the newc3dx version and play around with looks. 

Have fun!

Caren 😁

Edited by Caren
Edited for clarity b/c I'm good at creating confusion :D

• Caren changed the title to Tutorial - 2.9 Beta Clothing Basics

I didn't know about the hider part, but it probably does nothing for the guys anyway. But good to know! Thx. 🙂As far as the layers go, I would tend to use the mask setting as first port of call, so I can choose where the layers appear, that's before I even start choosing which patterns. That's just my preference. Currently the only mask setting I'm using though is the one where I have all the same pattern all over as I only want the one check on my shirt.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2022 at 10:06 AM, Rockster said:

I didn't know about the hider part, but it probably does nothing for the guys anyway. But good to know! Thx. 🙂As far as the layers go, I would tend to use the mask setting as first port of call, so I can choose where the layers appear, that's before I even start choosing which patterns. That's just my preference. Currently the only mask setting I'm using though is the one where I have all the same pattern all over as I only want the one check on my shirt.

Mhm, I just kind of went with defining things as they were presented in the interface left to right and top to bottom. Your workflow is totally legit too ♡

I know I've seen guys with stylized gloves in beta; was there anything else there that men can get excited about, please?

Have an awesome day! 

Caren 🙂

• Caren changed the title to Tutorial - 3dx 2.9 Clothing Basics
  • Caren changed the title to Clothing Tutorial- 3dx 2.9 Basics
  • 1 month later...

I have a silly question, how do you layer clothes? I keep seeing shorts with the garter straps, both items in the "bottoms" category. And the jacket with the bra showing like in Akeli's picture above. 

14 hours ago, Lixy said:

I have a silly question, how do you layer clothes? I keep seeing shorts with the garter straps, both items in the "bottoms" category. And the jacket with the bra showing like in Akeli's picture above. 

Yes it's true i saw this kind of thing appear after the last update which has just been done on 3DX some people take the opportunity to modify the DLL of the game linked to the clothes because they also add color to their caps or shoes that are not supposed to have custom colors and that kind of thing only the modification of the Assembly.Dll which allows this kind of thing, but suddenly is it legal? According to my memory 2 years ago Gyzmo had to close the site which gives free DLL for the game, but since I can be crack easily this kind of practice we stopped and now it's back but only for some privileged person to touch to the game code.

2022-10-12 20-10-15_120407.png

Edited by Akeli

2 hours ago, Akeli said:

Yes it's true i saw this kind of thing appear after the last update which has just been done on 3DX some people take the opportunity to modify the DLL of the game linked to the clothes because they also add color to their caps or shoes that are not supposed to have custom colors and that kind of thing only the modification of the Assembly.Dll which allows this kind of thing, but suddenly is it legal? According to my memory 2 years ago Gyzmo had to close the site which gives free DLL for the game, but since I can be crack easily this kind of practice we stopped and now it's back but only for some privileged person to touch to the game code.

2022-10-12 20-10-15_120407.png

They play with fire... editing avi save. Probably the reason of so many reset

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...