3DXChat Community

Giving the right room name to your room

housestationlive

hello 3dx lovers

I created a topic on this topic cause, surprisingly, that was the most trickiest part of my room creation. you can have pink or green chairs, at the end of the day what generates the click is the room title. you have that 30 characters limitation, no room description available, and because of that it's so tricky to give 2 or 3 reasons to click in just a few symbols. I tried 29 different names, and the ones that generated the most curiosity wasn't the ones I expected to.

So let me share my experience here, it might be a good start for advices exchange or more testimonies. The first room names was super cool and fun. I used "the end of the world" or "celebrate the apocalypse". Sounds like an intriguing theme... but too mysterious to stimulate curiosity. Then I went for more "conventional" names, like keyword to describe what's inside. Don't forget your reader is blind and absolutely don't know what you're talking about, there is no such thumbnail of your room or anything like this. I went for names like "dancefloor", "smply music", "EDM café", with the second part of the name for a secondary information "no sex room". giving multiple informations is the key.

At this point I started to get much more visits, with visitors complimenting "this is the only no sex room of the game, why ?". unexpected feedbacks. I had to rebuild my room because of thoses feedbacks. Visitors don't came only to enjoy the music, but enjoying a place to date without being asked to get f... So the available space was used as a café / speed dating. And I have to figure a more casual and precise name, even more precise than it already was. I tryed for name such as "house music café" but way too long, and I needed a 3rd information in that name area. If you want 3 informations in 30 characters, each info shouldn't be longer than 10 characters for each. I needed to use cool symbols as separators for each idea, which uses spaces too. I had another awesome name in mind "don't f*ck me i'm not famous", but too abstract and without any "additionnal informations".

Because i'm organised, I needed to describe the room somewhere. So I have this character, ValeriaC, which is permanently inside the room, and also the owner of the room. I used the profile description of ValeriaC to describe the room in details. It's very useful for visitors, but I have to tell visitors to read that profile, so it must appear somewhere in that room name too ! "read my profile", "read me!", "readme". Saving space is so puzzly. like a tetris you want it to perfectly fits in the available spot. Also I cheated on the "nosex" mention, removing the space between the two words. Then that left me almost 15 symbols for the remaining (and main) information. I'm a Dj and I want people come for the music style too. Most 3dx players love rock'n'roll, and I only play house music, so it must appear somewhere that it's a dancefloor in addition to that "family friendly speed dating". Don't forget it's only a bonus feature of the room, that I made for providing an additional reason to stay in the room once you're in.

With that said, using keywords is not creative enough to me, so I used that 15 symbols to be the most creative possible, without being abstract. I went for "live djs", but was kind of lying, cause I don't have hundread DJs to play continuously (room is opened 24/7), and that wasn't descripting very weel the location. "Café" refers to speed dating, and speed dating is already mentionned in the 15 remaining characters, so I had to be more focused on the dancefloor/music feature of the room. Then I came up with this "Electro Party" which perfectly suits my requirement, cause that's descriptive of the music style, of the event playing inside, and it's really something attractive for people. Indeed, players come for fun, and party is fun by definition. It's 2 short words, but enough to uses 13 characters spaces, and the 2 remaining are necessaries for symbols. Here again, instead of being basic putting some music notes, I used a sun (☼) to describe the party, and an arrow to point the owner name (→) near the "readme" mention.

In definitive, I used 29 different names. Searching for something unique and extraordinary at the begging, meanwhile simple ideas was what players was looking for, then I digged into that simple idea to make it more creative... I don't know how many writing mistake I made : I'm not an english-native, so please do not point me all my grammar errors.

Michael D 😉

Edited by housestationlive

• housestationlive changed the title to Giving the right room name to your room

I like the idea of having a character place din the room whose profile describes the room. Good one.

And yes, room names with "cum" "slut" "dirty" "whore" "colds" and so on generate the most traffic. But also there will always be a place for more inventive and different and creative places (albeit with less traffic) because there is a whole segment of the playerbase who likes to wander around room-hopping and checking out new builds and interesting venues.

I don't think its totally true... my NUDΞ CLUB room used to generate 90+ plus guests, now I am lucky to  generate 10 guests...

Strangely my guests fell when I started up loading NUDΞ CLUB objects

Although my NUDΞ CLUB room no longer seen by many, a lot of the stuff I built for NUDΞ CLUB, is seen by many

Edited by AlexaDarkness