3DXChat Community

3dx disconnects totally when copying objects or groups of objects in room editor

Paulinus

My room is not so big.... and I have it... there is somethingelse

concerning file size you must be aware, that these 2 objects 

{"n":"Cylinder","p":[0.0,0.0,0.0],"r":[270.0,0.0,0.0],"s":[0.1,0.1,1.0],"c":[0.5,0.5,0.5],"m":"metal_7"}

and:

{"n":"Cylinder","p":[0.0000008,0.0000008,0.0000008],"r":[270.000008,0.0000008,0.0000008],"s":[0.10000008,0.10000008,1.0000008],"c":[0.50000008,0.50000008,0.50000008],"m":"metal_7"}

use same memory size AFTER loading, as all these numbers are floating point variables then, but the file size differs 1:2 , as any character is one byte.

The only difference is  loading (reading) time.

so in fact it must be the number of objects which cause these problems.

Edited by Paulinus

i have made an example room with 100.000 objects -- 1000 groups with 100 objects each -- for testing
i made it in 2 different roomsizes, just by using as low as possible and as much as possible digits per value

the roomsizes differ from 10MB to 17MB just because of that.

any of the two rooms immediately fails when copying  a group and fails after a few times  when copying  a single object.

maybe it helps finding out the reason for it

testlarge.world testsmall.world

Edited by Paulinus

My computer barely lets me even move in that testsmall room and as far as coping one pole the game just shuts off, right to my desktop. Honestly, how many people have been inside your rooms over 18mb and not complained of the lag, do they all own super computers?

you must consider there are not just rooms for helding parties with more than hunders visitors.
Mine is a sqaremile area copy of a royal castle with surrounding parks in 1:1 scale made after google earth images.
And for me the fun is in CREATING this, and not in opening for dance.
Even if there have been already quite some visitors strolling around with no problems at all in performance, even with weak computers. its just a long loading time for them.
The game engine will only animate objects near to you and switch back to a lower level of detail for small and far objects .. so I don't think the performance is too much influenced by the size of the room.

added:
so the test room created is even more heavy as a normal room, as these 100.000 objects are rather close to each other and all of same and reasonable size .. so there is no switchback possibilitiy for the game engine to a lower LOD. On the other hand there are no animated objects like trees and grass.

Edited by Paulinus

Hey I am glad to find something about the trouble I experience with creating (not nice for the ones experiencing it tough...) Before the update I made a room thats 16mb big it worked all fine, the occasional chrash but indeed learned to remember to safe often. Now it causes some more trouble even not creating just being there sometimes makes all freeze and I need to close the game in task management. Now I am creating another room thats almost 8mb but the rate of chrashes with full freeze are enormous and again need to exit in task management. I did an error search for a few times before closing the game and it said there was a problem with debugger that didnt have the right authentication! Have been reading stuff and searching for solutions but so far nothing. Hopefully someone who has some more knowledge required to find the answer can explain to me whats going on? Please I am a rookie autodidact as it comes to computers and programming, love to learn as much as possible but small steps please!??

On 10/19/2022 at 12:38 AM, BellaGirl said:

My computer barely lets me even move in that testsmall room and as far as coping one pole the game just shuts off, right to my desktop. Honestly, how many people have been inside your rooms over 18mb and not complained of the lag, do they all own super computers?

And it is not size related as it happens in much smaller rooms.

Nonsense! These server issues appear without these rooms are in operation. 

But if you like conspiracy theories:
For sure my second ham&eggs at breakfeat could have influence to server issues. Sorry for that, I will only eat bread and butter for breakfeat from now on.

Edited by Paulinus

• 2 weeks later...

The Majority of players can't play in Large Build Rooms... that is a Known Fack.  Because most players down have High End PC's with Hign Broadband speeds.

@Gizmohas recommend Max Room Sizes... but this Theard is about builders who have exceeded the Limits, and complaining about the fact that game becomes unstable when they exceed the limits.

The Majority of players can't play in Large Build Rooms

Might it be you re not reading? This thread is about EDITING, not about PLAYING. This Issue appears when editing ... I had already quite a lot of visitors, also with weak Computers, which did not have the slightest issues when visiting the room .. just longer loading times.
So what? Feel free to visit only smaller rooms with Mega-Dancing parties as many as you like, but accept, that there are other interests in this game besides fucking and dancing too. And -yes - this "Minority" is paying their fees too.

Edited by Paulinus

I can confirm was Paulinus said. The problem is with copying objects in the editor when the room is over 8 MB. It helps to enter the room itself and then go back to the editor. Seems the memory is cleared then.
I had a room open yesterday that is 14.6 MB, and other than long load times, there were no problems for the visitors. So it must be editor / memory handling related.

It helps to enter the room itself and then go back to the editor. Seems the memory is cleared then.

as long as you don't do that. the room data are not assigned to your avatar anyway. So, if by any means you would be disconnected before you did this, all your work would be lost. For me it seems that this  memory space assigned to you avatar for editing is using parts of it for cache and this cache is getting to small for copy. or undo-operations, when regular data amount grows ...  and thats why deleting, scaling etc is still possible.